Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 07:47 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times

Advertisements

I've never known anyone to get pregnant on purpose in order to marry, but my gf ended up getting pregnant with her boyfriend of 1 yr, which prompted their marriage. That's now dissolved, tho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 07:51 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Newbie. I never said it wasn't a two-way street. If you talk condoms, you should also talk pills.
Pills aren't the alternative. There has to be a female version of the condom, tho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GardensTrees View Post

Where I grew-up at, males abused the living h*ll out of you if you did'nt have sex with them, they abused the 'living-h*ll' out of you if you begged them to wear condoms! They abused the living h*ll out of you if you told them you were sick of frequent sex even after they scr*wed with other females (which would spread many diseases). And if you went "against" what he said or wanted, you would be threatened, tormented and abused, as well as your pets that you had always owned.

Give me a break on thinking you know so much, because you don't.
For years and years, females allowed males to have sex with them because the females felt love and care towards the males... while the males only did it to empty their 'sacks' and to inflate their narcissistic, controlling egos.
Where the heck did you grow up? I've never experienced any of that.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:10 AM

652 posts, read 1,052,992 times
Quote:
I've known a handful of situations where impregnation forced or accelerated marriage.

I've also heard of babies used as a weapon as in "if I have his child, he will love me." Generally, these women aren't the brightest of bulbs, but I am sure even smart women have thought of this as a way to clinch the deal. I am sure many have been deluded. The guy did not stick around. The guy did not love her. The kid was raised without a Dad.

Have you known any of these cases personally? Have you heard of some among people you know? What do you think?
Well the guys couldn't have been to bright if they didn't wear a condom. I don't really get the use of the word pawn, when the guy willingly made the decision to sleep with the girl.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:32 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Have you known any of these cases personally? Have you heard of some among people you know? What do you think?
No, I don't associate with dimwits.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:36 AM

819 posts, read 1,129,851 times
Quote:
Females go through "enough hell" with their bodies and minds from males to not have to constantly be the ones to have stop the 'pregnancy thing' or 'diseases thing'!.
Throwing "PILLS" down their throats won't stop the diseases the males with give them.

Males "push or persuade" the "not-wearing-condoms-thing" and they don't care about spreading diseases to others because they want to frequently empty their 'sacks' with as many females as possible, whenever they can.

Enough said. And I'm done with you males trying to explain or push otherwise.
Now "move-on" and find something else to do, other than continuously tormenting someone.
You might want to go back to posting on feministing.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:13 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
You can't change stupidity

Old 09-22-2012, 05:51 PM

774 posts, read 1,164,766 times
Quote:

Females go through "enough hell" with their bodies and minds from males to not have to constantly be the ones to have stop the 'pregnancy thing' or 'diseases thing'!.
Throwing "PILLS" down their throats won't stop the diseases the males with give them.

Males "push or persuade" the "not-wearing-condoms-thing" and they don't care about spreading diseases to others because they want to frequently empty their 'sacks' with as many females as possible, whenever they can.

Enough said. And I'm done with you males trying to explain or push otherwise.
Now "move-on" and find something else to do, other than continuously tormenting someone
OK...if you feel that the woman should not have to "go through hell with her body and mind" and not have to be the one to stop the "pregnancy thing", then the solution is very simple. DON'T HAVE SEX.

Staying on point, this thread is about using babies as pawns, not about spreading STDs. That's a different matter entirely. You seem to thing that there is some kind of requirement that a women have unprotected sex with a man simply because he demands it.

This is a common-sense issue. If you don't want to become pregnant, do what you need to do to not become pregnant. Don't look for somebody else to solve your problem, which is what you are advocating here.

Look at it like this. If you don't want to drown, stay out of the pool. If you want to get in the pool you'd best know how to swim before you get in the pool. It's for your own protection. You want get in the pool without knowing how to swim and then blame the lifeguard if you drown.

It's called P-E-R-S-O-N-A-L R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-I-L-I-T-Y.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:06 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Yes I know many cases of this where both a woman got pregnant intentionally and also where a man intentionally got a woman pregnant. They do this thinking they will keep the person but doesn't always work that way. I once dated a man who told me if I became pregnant and didn't abort he would dump me and wouldn't support any child I might have. Luckily I never became pregnant but it changed my outlook on this and I then starting dating men who wouldn't expect sex until we were serious and would marry me if I became pregnant. I think very badly of men who have out of wedlock children, especially more than one (one, ok an accident but more? poor morals).

Btw not everyone can or wants to take the pill. I never could because of physical issues. Now I am a practicing Catholic so I wouldn't now anyway.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:11 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idon'tdateyou View Post
yes i know many cases of this where both a woman got pregnant intentionally and also where a man intentionally got a woman pregnant. They do this thinking they will keep the person but doesn't always work that way. I once dated a man who told me if i became pregnant and didn't abort he would dump me and wouldn't support any child i might have. Luckily i never became pregnant but it changed my outlook on this and i then starting dating men who wouldn't expect sex until we were serious and would marry me if i became pregnant. I think very badly of men who have out of wedlock children, especially more than one (one, ok an accident but more? Poor morals).

Btw not everyone can or wants to take the pill. I never could because of physical issues. now i am a practicing catholic so i wouldn't now anyway.
"Yuuup!"

Old 09-22-2012, 06:24 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
I've known a handful of situations where impregnation forced or accelerated marriage.

I've also heard of babies used as a weapon as in "if I have his child, he will love me." Generally, these women aren't the brightest of bulbs, but I am sure even smart women have thought of this as a way to clinch the deal. I am sure many have been deluded. The guy did not stick around. The guy did not love her. The kid was raised without a Dad.

I've never known anyone that became pregnant just to get a guy to marry her. I'm sure there are some foolish chicks out there that do that, but I really think that line of thinking is not as prevalent with these bimbos as it used to be.

I have definitely known women that were engaged...and became pregnant during the engagement. It was no biggie - and both the women and the grooms-to-be were pretty delighted about it. I almost think they planned it that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships