Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 11:45 PM

499 posts, read 756,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboy View Post
Lol when has Beyonce ever spoken "hood babble"
Did you read my post? Whenever she opens her mouth. I'm not hating on her success. She has more money than I'll ever have. More power to her.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:46 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Hmmm, that is interesting I mean I heard that dark skinned men were coming back in style but I was not sure. Thanks for the clarification
they never went out of style

just when are darkskinned unmixed black women ever going to be IN style??

Quote:
This is nonsense.
its not nonsense. I am not mixed so it makes me authentic.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:48 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Hmmm, that is interesting I mean I heard that dark skinned men were coming back in style but I was not sure. Thanks for the clarification
Even though this is off-topic, I am going to chime in to give you some context. Generally speaking, there is sort of an "in look" for black men. Sometimes it is darker, sometimes it is lighter. But on the flipside, for women, lighter (read this as whiter) has always been in. No shifts in "preferences."

Additionally, much less frequently, are men's looks marginalized for not being the "in" look at the time.

To continue on with this whole off-topic spiel here. Very frequently, when white guys make there first foray into black women, the pick the "light-skinned" (read this as white looking) women and herald them as the epitome of black beauty. As you can imagine, if you do not fit this description it can be very frustrating.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
You can't make this up, folks.

I wasn't aware the lighter skinned heathens were trying to 'take' these men. I also wasn't aware these men belonged to dark skinned women.

Thank goodness I'm not dark skinned.
Don't listen to the garbage. No one "belongs" to anybody. Anyone can date whoever they want for whatever reason they want.

Only people who complain about it are those who get NONE

If you're not "in" style too bad. You have to be like everyone else. All of the other "not in style" types date, marry and have kids. No need for special treatment.

Last thing I'd want is for my children to develop that kind of attitude though sheesh, so I read you well!

Old 09-23-2012, 11:49 PM

613 posts, read 1,054,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
OP: it sounds to me you got ruled out before you got started. I am going to massively stereotype here. Typical Boston guy = preppy. She said she likes "thugs" so if you are a typical Boston guy, you are out of luck. [Most Northeasterners I have met are preppy. ]
lol you are actually correct

Old 09-23-2012, 11:50 PM

106 posts, read 171,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
Did you read my post? Whenever she opens her mouth. I'm not hating on her success. She has more money than I'll ever have. More power to her.
I did read it. And it confused me because I don't recall ever hearing her speak and thinking "damn...that's some hood babble right there". So I asked you for a specific reference.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:51 PM

Quote:
I did read it. And it confused me because I don't recall ever hearing her speak and thinking "damn...that's some hood babble right there". So I asked you for a specific reference.
Any tv interview lol. Looks pretty, speaks and then it throws the good looks out of the window but that's just me personally lol

Old 09-23-2012, 11:53 PM

Quote:
thinking "damn...that's some hood babble right there".
Lol lol lol lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bwahahahahahaha!

Old 09-23-2012, 11:53 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1282 View Post
So this is what happened and I want to get your take on it.

First a little about me real quick I moved out to Dallas from Boston about 2 years ago for a police officer job and having a tough time with the dating. Now I come from a pretty much all white town and never really hit on black women much.
So while I'm working I had to respond to a local hospital where I had to take a report on a assault. So why I'm waiting, there was this really hot black women at the reception desk like Haille Berry hot. So I tell her why I'm there and she notices my accent and ask me where Im from and we get to small talk. So after a little chat she ask me if I was married and I said no and told her it was tough dating out here. She kinda smiled and agreed. So I ask her if she's married and she responded she was divorced. So I told her she looked kinda young to be married and she laughed and said she was 34 and asked how old I was. I told her 30. Then she asked me where I lived and I told her where and said I just bought a house and liked the area. So then she says I seem to have it together which made me think she was interested. So I asked her if she was looking to date or just taking a break from the divorce and she said she is really just looking for someone to hang out with and go from there. So then I took a chance and asked if she wanted to go out some time. She laughed again and said she doesnt really mess with white guys. So I asked what type of guys does she date. She told me she likes dark skin black men and doesnt know why but is attracted to thugs. So I responded maybe that her problem and she said what do I mean. So I said you go after guys that arent going any where and she told me that was kinda racist. So at that point before I could respond the nurse came out and got me and I had to leave.
Now this isnt one of those stupid am I racist threads. My question is do I still have a shot with this women? Because I thought when she said thug she meant like a gang banger type guy. But she could have meant something else. So should I try and explain myself or did I just blow it and leave it alone. More fails on the dating scene for me let me know what you think......
No, you don't, she told you she doesn't mess with White guys, and then you kind of insulted her.
Why are you spelling the singular form of "woman" with an "e"? "WomEn" is plural. Why do so many guys on this forum do that?

Old 09-23-2012, 11:54 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
Any tv interview lol. Looks pretty, speaks and then it throws the good looks out of the window but that's just me personally lol
I agree, she tries to sound "educated" but it doesn't really work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships