Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 03:39 PM

249 posts, read 306,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
Because the human race wants to continue on and there are genes to spread! If everyone decided not to settle down and have kids then the human race would die out[eventually].
My own opinion is that there are enough people in the world and I applaud individuals and even couples who choose not to procreate. Of course this assumes that those who are "sleeping around' don't accidentally procreate.
You procreate for yourself. You never know what you may bring into the world. Sometimes a flash of lighting happens down there. And you may get the next best scientist to have ever been born. Or something. And really the ones who choose not to "procreate" for some lame reason like overpopulation. Should be taken out back and shot to death. What a lame and dumb excuse.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I don't hear people attacking men who truly don't want a relationship but rather the men who claim they do, lead a woman on then dump her or the guys who wait until their 40s to marry then seek much younger women. Those guys I can't stand because they bypass me now that they claim they want to marry and it leaves me single.
Use your head. And it won't happen to you. There are a lot of scummy people in both sexes. Don't stick with the one that is scum and you won't have any heartache.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:59 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salami-rules View Post
Use your head. And it won't happen to you. There are a lot of scummy people in both sexes. Don't stick with the one that is scum and you won't have any heartache.
I avoid scummy people but there are more of them than non scummy.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
I avoid scummy people but there are more of them than non scummy.
That is just not true, you attract what you are. For lack of better words.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:12 PM

I attract all kinds but as you get older most of the good people are taken.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
I attract all kinds but as you get older most of the good people are taken.
Maybe that is the case. But now with old age you should just experiment and give up on ever finding a good single man. He won't exist unless you want him with children.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:46 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
You could say the same thing in reverse about women.

I would say that if I thought it was matched up equally -- but I don't.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salami-rules View Post
Maybe that is the case. But now with old age you should just experiment and give up on ever finding a good single man. He won't exist unless you want him with children.
Then I will not marry since I will never date men with children.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:54 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBeamDreams View Post
i've noticed how men who don't want to start families in the future get criticized and put down a lot. not just on here, but in real life too. why is this?

older men in their 30's always have people moaning at them saying "why men who won't grow up/settle down/commit."

people say "you can't sleep around forever". why not? if that's what they enjoy doing they shouldn't be knocked for it. some people just aren't into all that family stuff and don't want to follow the script. it's just not for them.

what makes some people happy won't make every other person in the world happy.
Plenty of men would be perfectly happy to sleep around forever. However, far fewer women are interested in this way of life. As a result, as we men age, our options tend to shrink. For many of us in our 40s and older, the choice isn't between sleeping around and settling down. The choice is between settling down and being alone.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:58 PM

410 posts, read 515,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBeamDreams View Post
i've noticed how men who don't want to start families in the future get criticized and put down a lot. not just on here, but in real life too. why is this?

older men in their 30's always have people moaning at them saying "why men who won't grow up/settle down/commit."

people say "you can't sleep around forever". why not? if that's what they enjoy doing they shouldn't be knocked for it. some people just aren't into all that family stuff and don't want to follow the script. it's just not for them.

what makes some people happy won't make every other person in the world happy.
I guess you haven't met that one yet to actually make you feel that way. Maybe why you enjoy loving them and leaving them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships