Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 10:15 AM

244 posts, read 707,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Is perhaps the fact that you don't talk to a lot of women maybe something that is bothering you? Look man I hate trying talk to women too sometimes, having to walk the fine line between "obviously interested" and "obviously desperate". It can be tiresome...nobody like to play a game on someone elses terms and everybody wants to be the one catered to and chased after. It's easy to play dead and just not participate, but then nobody wins and what you have is a Mexican standoff where neither party feels they should be the ones burdened to make the first move. I'd rather at least be the one picking the target than the one with the bullseye on my back. Being approached all the time by women I'm definitely not interested in would get tiresome pretty fast.
Yeah you're definately right, but the thing is I rarely find a special connection with anyone. I do find women attractive, but rarely try and initiate conversations. (I did however from before when I saw this woman from my class on the bus and talked to her about how she enjoyed the class, what she wants to study, etc). It is easy for me to converse nowadays, I just don't have that spark or energy right now. Some people think I'm weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 10:27 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
I talk to both sexes. I like hearing both opinions.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:28 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,438 times
I know three guys right now--very good looking and successful and they don't "talk" to women. By that I mean, they don't aggressively approach women and try to pick them up. If a woman approaches them they are pleasant and sociable, though. So I suppose these three men are authentically shy. But shy is not weird.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:09 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead360 View Post
I wrote about this from before in a similiar forum a few months ago, when my some of my friends and family thought I could be a closested homosexual due to the fact I don't talk to a lot of women.

I wanted to ask this question, do you find it odd or weird if a guy doesn't talk to a lot of women? In terms of friendships, I do have a lot of female companions and a close friend who happens to be a girl. Normally when I go out, I'll call, text, or post on my friend's wall if he wants to hang somewhere or tag a few people in my comment on my own wall.

As far as relationships go, I've never had a girlfriend, I've had some chances, however, I rarely go through with it or I ended up being rejected. Now i have no issues with dealing with rejection, rejection is a part of life (Jobs, Women, etc) it helps you grow stronger. However, I do feel like one of the main reasons I don't converse or talk to a lot of women is due in part of my past which has always been plagued by some form of drama (see past forums I posted dealing with this if ya want). In term, I think I started becoming nervous or a natural distrust with some women ( not all of them, it's unfair to do that towards anyone or anything). I'm no sexist, but I've kept friendships with mostly my guy friends longer than women. I have had issues with them in the past, ( got into a fist fight with one of my friends, however a few hours later we made up and spent the rest of the afternoon playing games).

I wasn't always like this because my mom felt it was weird I talked to a lot of girls from before, however, nowadays, she feels I might be "gay" due in part I rarely talk to girls, or bring a girl home to meet her.

It has nothing to do with my career or educational focuses either (I'm unsure what to do in terms of careers and I still am to this day despite being in college for four years). I'm also a bit of a lazy head when it comes to school, I'm in no regards stupid, as most of my grades are B's but in terms of doing my best I can do it, I'm just lazy in that regard because I dont have a goal to drive me to do so. I'm a late bloomer perhaps.

Sorry if this post is long, but I wanted to ask some people, would you find a guy weird if he didn't talk to a lot of women? Especially a young adult male?
Ain't it sad? If you talk to a woman, you are a creepy pervert that is sexually harassing her. If you don't talk to a woman, you are a homosexual.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, LOL!!!

Old 10-15-2012, 12:21 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,805,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Ain't it sad? If you talk to a woman, you are a creepy pervert that is sexually harassing her. If you don't talk to a woman, you are a homosexual.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, LOL!!!
Exactly what I was thinking.

Just cannot 'win' no matter what...

Old 10-15-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Exactly what I was thinking.

Just cannot 'win' no matter what...
ugh, I cannot tell you how many times that has happened to me in the past. When a woman thinks you're a creep just for trying to initiate a conversation. Sometimes it gets highly annoying although there are women who don't having a fun convo.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:16 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,805,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead360 View Post
ugh, I cannot tell you how many times that has happened to me in the past. When a woman thinks you're a creep just for trying to initiate a conversation. Sometimes it gets highly annoying although there are women who don't having a fun convo.
See, the thing is it's all about looks. If you are physically attractive then you will not be regarded as a 'creep' as much as the dude who's average or downright ugly. Attractive men can and do get away with much more than the rest of us 'regular' men.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
See, the thing is it's all about looks. If you are physically attractive then you will not be regarded as a 'creep' as much as the dude who's average or downright ugly. Attractive men can and do get away with much more than the rest of us 'regular' men.
Haha I think part of that is true. However I've been called "sweet And cute" by women and at other times women I believe think I'm a Creep. Suffice to say it doesn't matter to me much. I want to live a drama free life and sometimes that does indeed mean talking to women less

Old 10-15-2012, 08:17 PM

800 posts, read 508,266 times
I think theres quite a lot of men who aren't bad catches but they still don't talk to women or even really have any female friends and yet they are completely straight. I have a girlfriend I live with who I'm comfortable around but otherwise I'm exactly like the above described. Its usually shyness and sometimes combined with a dislike or bitterness towards women in general. Some guys who haven't had a lot of luck with women and are passed over in favor of other males end up with a self defeating attitude of "They don't like or pay attention to me so why should I like them?" and just end up being lonely and consume their time with hobbies. Also most women without even realizing it tend to ask or say confusing things and questions when talking to men, a way of testing them to see if the guy is somebody confident and self assured that they'd want to date. Even if the man doesn't realize she's playing mind games and tests it can frustrate and make an awkward man even less comfortable and more nervous around the woman and unfortunately take the fun out of it for him when the conversation becomes an obstacle course that he fails.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:20 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexianna123 View Post
If he's totally ugly...nah I wouldn't think he was weird at all. However, if he's at least average/decent looking I'd think he was possibly gay or in the closet.
Some guys are bashful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships