Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 01:59 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Maybe he has a girlfriend
This is a possibility. It's possible that he was staring at you on an earlier occasion because you caught his interest, but he's taken, so he's never started up a conversation. In any case, it wouldn't hurt to say hi next time you get on the bus, as you walk by to take a seat behind him, or something, as someone else suggested. It would give you another opportunity to read his reaction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 02:40 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is a possibility. It's possible that he was staring at you on an earlier occasion because you caught his interest, but he's taken, so he's never started up a conversation. In any case, it wouldn't hurt to say hi next time you get on the bus, as you walk by to take a seat behind him, or something, as someone else suggested. It would give you another opportunity to read his reaction.
Maybe he has a girlfriend, maybe he's married, maybe he's shy, maybe he had a bad day, maybe he's gay, etc.

OR

He simply doesn't find you attractive, interesting, OR BOTH.

Hey, it happens to everybody.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:35 PM

469 posts, read 566,983 times
call it what you will, but i have that tendency when i get on a form of public transit that I put earbuds/plugs in my ears and i listen to my music. To me, i find it to be a stress relief, but i wouldn't call him "uninterested" if he does it also. Maybe he's waiting for you to make a move because he could be unsure of you also. Hell i do that all the time because I'm unsure if the girl that i may make eye contact with is really interested in me or just your average eye contact. If it happens more than a few times a trip, i'd take it as being interested

Old 10-18-2012, 04:53 PM

20 posts, read 71,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryazer24 View Post
call it what you will, but i have that tendency when i get on a form of public transit that I put earbuds/plugs in my ears and i listen to my music. To me, i find it to be a stress relief, but i wouldn't call him "uninterested" if he does it also. Maybe he's waiting for you to make a move because he could be unsure of you also. Hell i do that all the time because I'm unsure if the girl that i may make eye contact with is really interested in me or just your average eye contact. If it happens more than a few times a trip, i'd take it as being interested
Stop giving me hope. lol

I don't know...I mean, before this, he got off the bus, and instead of going straight to his car, he waited at the bus station, and I saw him watching me walk to my car. I was surprised because everyone had left already and there he was standing there looking at me. He then started walking towards my car while talking on his phone (gosh, I hate that phone now) while still looking directly at me. I didn't want to be staring back at him too long, so I drove off. I wish I would've stayed and not driven off so quickly. A few days after this we both got off the same stop and instead of walking to his workplace, he walked my way and passed me. I was surprised because I knew he didn't work that way. He also had his headphones on at this time. It was almost like he purposely walked my way so he'd know what building I worked at or just so that I saw him. Also, whenever we end up riding the same bus, he would always sit by me or near me even though there are plenty of seats available. Near me when someone else was already sitting next to me. After our first glance, he just started acting different. Like he was more aware of me now and I would always catch him looking at me. All this time, he hasn't talked to me though. And yes, he always plays with his phone.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:26 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Talk to that bastard already.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:31 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onedirection View Post
Stop giving me hope. lol

I don't know...I mean, before this, he got off the bus, and instead of going straight to his car, he waited at the bus station, and I saw him watching me walk to my car. I was surprised because everyone had left already and there he was standing there looking at me. He then started walking towards my car while talking on his phone (gosh, I hate that phone now) while still looking directly at me. I didn't want to be staring back at him too long, so I drove off. I wish I would've stayed and not driven off so quickly. A few days after this we both got off the same stop and instead of walking to his workplace, he walked my way and passed me. I was surprised because I knew he didn't work that way. He also had his headphones on at this time. It was almost like he purposely walked my way so he'd know what building I worked at or just so that I saw him. Also, whenever we end up riding the same bus, he would always sit by me or near me even though there are plenty of seats available. Near me when someone else was already sitting next to me. After our first glance, he just started acting different. Like he was more aware of me now and I would always catch him looking at me. All this time, he hasn't talked to me though. And yes, he always plays with his phone.
This is starting to sound crazy. You're making me crazy. Do something already.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:35 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Cracking the eff up!

Old 10-18-2012, 07:49 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Amen!

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:16 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,399 times
All it takes is a simple hello, how are you, good morning, good afternoon, good evening, or whatever the case may be.

IMO, any woman that looks me in the eye, sits down next to me on the subway or bus without saying a thing or even cracking a smile is probably looking to play me like a board game or looking for attention. I quickly lose interest in her and start thinking she's an attention seeking, ego hungry, snot-nosed-b*tch if she continues with those shananigans. I'll move to another seat unless I'm boxed in to the window side.

You just might have given him the vibe that you're not interested. Your fault unless you fix it. Who knows, he could be shutting himself off of you because you played too many eye-candy, bird-tease, flirty games and didn't say a damn' thing. Maybe the guy is playing it safe and wants to avoid the trouble that goes with your false positive eye-contact and mind games. I know I would.

Be a modern woman, say hi, introduce yourself and go from there. You have nothing to lose and a ton of frustration to absorb by sitting their and doing nothing.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:09 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onedirection View Post
Stop giving me hope. lol

Why are you driving yourself insane? I don't care what people say about 'if (s)he's interested, (s)he'll let you know;' it means nothing. What if we took that approach with employment? Should we all just stop sending out resumes and trying to make connections b/c 'if a company is interested, they'll let us know?'

I agree that certain signs are more informative than others, but there's no harm in engaging in casual conversation and going from there. Just chat with him and go from there. After speaking (even briefly), you'll have a much better read of the situation than you have now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships