Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 07:40 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,873 times

Advertisements

I agree with what some have posted--a pure FB/NSA "relationship" is not for everyone. It's important to note that there is a distinct difference between FB and FWB. The experiences I had with my FB were sexual only. We didn't meet as friends outside of her house, nor did we engage in friendly conversation via email, text, or voice. The only reason we saw each other was for sex, and once the deed was done we parted ways.

I can see where a lot of people (women AND men) may have difficulty with this type of thing. There are definitely possibilities for one or both individuals to develop feelings. BUT, this is where boundaries come in. It's critical to discuss boundaries as they relate to interaction, emotions, and limits. Like all other relationships in life, communication is key.

Like I said before, the FB relationship was exactly what I needed, but not for reasons most might think. My ex-wife had me convinced that I was "broken" in the sex department due to my drive and needs. However, when I got divorced I quickly realized that there was nothing wrong with me or my sex drive. Yes, I have a fairly high drive (especially for someone in his mid-30s), but I was able to explore my own sexuality without fear of rejection or reprisal. In my opinion, having an FB allowed me to redefine my sexual self in a more normal context.

I was able to explore certain fantasies, some mainstream and others not.
I was able to find and define my own limitations.
I was able to learn what I liked and why.
I was able to do all of this in a safe, legal manner.

To each his/her own, but if your situation is at all like mine was (and you have the ability to communicate), I say go for it. You might be surprised what you can get out of it from an introspective side of things.

--Dim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 07:40 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,619,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catchagoodfish View Post
Since I've been single for such a long time. I really don't know how it feels to have a boyfriend in my life at this moment in time. Many times my friends asks me if I would sleep with a man with no strings attached. I really don't know how to respond back to them with a correct answer. I guessed I don't mind if the man was single. However if he's married I will never do that. What would you do?
Men and women are not affected the same by casual sex. Females have a much harder time due to emotional attachment that comes with sleeping with different men. That is were a lot of the baggage comes from. I would encourage you not to go out and give your body away to any old Joe Shmoe.

Be patient and continue looking for a man that will give you what you need emotionally, physically, and mentally.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:43 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
To the dismay of some posters on this forum, I will not sleep with a man for any reason.
But didnt you watch Brokeback Mountain 12 times?????????

Old 10-19-2012, 07:47 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
To the dismay of some posters on this forum, I will not sleep with a man for any reason.
But your asleep. Jiggery pokery of any description was not mentioned. You just lay there and have 40 winks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Who said anything about sleeping?
The OP.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:07 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
What if I attach strings?

Hmmm....you know what they say about variety...

Old 10-19-2012, 08:21 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,014,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Hmmm....you know what they say about variety...

It'll getcha 5-25, depending on the State and the judge?

Old 10-19-2012, 10:39 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Not for a million dollars?

Sorry, my youngest gs is into would you do___________ for a million dollars. Im glad he dosent know about sex yet.
Not even $2,000,000! However, there is a certain Cumberland County HOTTIE.....................

Old 10-19-2012, 10:43 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,696,709 times
No I don't think I would. I will sleep with a woman with no strings attached. I don't get emotional when having sex. It's just a physical act.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:49 AM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
What if I attach strings?

I cant get that vision out of my head.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:52 AM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Not even $2,000,000! However, there is a certain Cumberland County HOTTIE.....................

Ahh, you charmer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships