Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 08:18 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
He lists a laundry lists of pretty terrible faults and personality traits and you follow up with he's a good man and it's women's fault.

And we all don't die alone. My brother didn't die alone.
Never blamed anyone. It's just that I have gotten older and my spirit is settling. It is good that you were a comfort to your brother- It would break my heart to sit beside one of my brothers and have them die- You have my deepest sympathy...no - you are right we all don't die alone...in my case I do have family that love me and probably will not die alone- but I would like to do it alone...it is very private to me - I don't need others sharing in my death....Being a proud old man- dying is kind of embarrassing.

Back to the topic- it's better to tell this guy that he is a good man...encouragement can go a long way...besides -I got the sense that he is just a disappointed person - not a bad person.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:09 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,673,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Anyone that says that is lying. Even if they did say put yourself out there more, you'll find someone -- you won't & not sure why you think you should given that list. Everybody have faults but many of those things look like 'character flaws.'
I'm not sure whether I should think that I should, but I think thinking about it in a rational way leads me to the conclusion that I've been led to. Hopefully rationality doesn't factor into it as much...

What's wrong with character flaws?

Finally, 'has', because I'm not liking my situation right now...

Old 10-29-2012, 10:12 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
Well you sure don't paint a pretty picture of yourself OP. If you are so much into isolation then why do you care if you die alone? I believe we can all work on ourselves if we so choose. I am not saying you can change everything about yourself, but you could certainly work on it. If you do not want to be alone then begin looking at that list you wrote and figure out what you can change or work on. You are young, you have time on your side.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:15 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,673,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Hell if I know. I'm pretty sure most on this forum wouldn't care if the OP died anyway.
They should...and if they wouldn't then it reflects badly on them.
It's why I'm starting to really dislike many people...no compassion...it's like they lack something fundamental that makes them human. A conscious. A soul. Empathetic thinking. Idk what you want to call it..

Old 10-29-2012, 10:22 PM

142 posts, read 186,771 times
none of the things you've listed about yourself are you.

you....are none of those things. you've just chosen to identify with those things. it's nothing more than an old worn out tape playing over and over again in your mind. really and truly, this is the truth. this is where you will find truth. with a capital T.

might i humbly ask you to simply contemplate this, and instead of trying to change, just make room for the possibility of a shift in perspective, so that you might possibly get a glimpse of who you really are.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:24 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II I View Post
I just get the sense that it'll never happen for me.

Why?

I'm an isolationist...I don't talk to a lot of people...let alone girls that I find attractive. I can go days without talking to anyone...and I like living in places where there's no one around for miles...
I'm a perfectionist...if she isn't close to perfect, or working towards that end, I lose interest.
I can never make up my mind. Even if there were two girls who were interested in me and I liked them both, I wouldn't be a able to decide. It's like I have this conception that she must be the only one for me..meant for me..which just isn't the way the world works.
My standards are too high...very few people I've ever met meet them. So far, just one...and I chickened out.
I chicken out...I guess, I'm not ready.
I'm poor. Explains itself.
I'm lazy. Don't like working...favorite thing to do is sit and do nothing..
I'm unreasonable...I like things the way I like them..
I need to be cajoled into doing anything...seriously, I won't even do the dishes unless someone is yelling at me.
I always think I'm right...I don't understand people who don't.
I complain a lot.
I'm rude...not to people's faces..but behind their backs...
I'm black....and I don't get along with black women.
I'm white...which white people don't agree with. Their loss..
I'm overly sensitive...I tend to get angry at things easily.
I get frustrated at myself and go into week long moods...snapping at everyone.
In short, I don't like many people (and many girls) and I'm not too likeable myself (even I can barely tolerate me...).

So, it's like, I'll die alone I guess...it's sad but you are who you are...what can you do?

Can't change who you are...

Sounds like teen angst. I'm guessing you are around 16.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:26 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Most people, regardless of whether they have family who loves them or not will die alone when you get right down to it. A majority will be in a hospice dropping dead in between family visits. I think I would prefer it that way, I don't want loved ones sitting around watching me gasp my last breath, that's traumatizing. Having my body carried out of the house on a gurney. Remember me as I was when I was alive, not lying on my death bed. If I'm lucky I get to go in my sleep.

Live life while you're alive. If having a family or lot's of friends around you is important, then live your life that way. Don't wait until the end to figure it out when it's too late.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:20 AM

934 posts, read 1,939,062 times
Soooooo...you have incredibly high standards for everyone else, but none for yourself. They have to be perfect, but they cannot even expect 'the ole sporting try' from you.

And you are OK with that.

Yep, sounds like a perfect formula to die alone.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:36 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Almost all of those things that are actual drawbacks and character flaws are fixable. If you just want to sit around and wallow in your own misery, well, more power to you. But don't expect sympathy on here.

If you do want to make changes (rather than sitting their claiming changes can't be made), start with getting some sort of therapy. Many places will have a sliding scale or if you have insurance it will reduce the cost.

If dying alone is that much of a horror to you, you could make changes. Honestly, the way you describe yourself, I'd run screaming. Any sane person would.

So either stop complaining about how you're CHOOSING to be the miserable person that you are describing, or take some action to improve yourself. If you post about the latter, you'll probably get a lot of support and encouragement here. But the current pity party is just attention seeking.
This. But also this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Dude you need to smoke some weed and relax.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:43 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
I think some of us at some point have felt this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships