Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 05:17 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,694,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I'm feel bad for you but when a woman cheats on you and leaves you for someone else it's because you were inadequate in some area of your relationship. Shes wrong for cheating but if she upgraded, you really can't blame her.
If a women cheats she cheated. It was a choice on her part a decision she made. He has nothing to feel bad about she is control of all her actions. It maybe an "upgrade" her does not change the fact he has every right to mad about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 05:17 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Well OP, now you have the rest of your life to be a man *****!
Whut?

Curse filter.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:23 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I'm feel bad for you but when a woman cheats on you and leaves you for someone else it's because you were inadequate in some area of your relationship. Shes wrong for cheating but if she upgraded, you really can't blame her.

Ahh I dont believe that. She may have just not wanted HIM anymore, but that doesnt mean that the new guy is any better. She just may see different things that she likes..for NOW. Until she cheats on that one too..

Old 10-30-2012, 05:29 PM

It's a darn shame though, cheaters bring the worst heartbreaks. Not to mention they keep their loyal partner from meeting better people.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:37 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Ahh I dont believe that. She may have just not wanted HIM anymore, but that doesnt mean that the new guy is any better. She just may see different things that she likes..for NOW. Until she cheats on that one too..
That's why I said IF she upgraded. Not saying necessarily she did

Old 10-30-2012, 05:52 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,833,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehurricanekid View Post
whut?

Curse filter.
w***e

Old 10-30-2012, 08:39 PM

128 posts, read 323,287 times
BradPiff Upgraded? No thats crazy, I am a very good person, college educated, make good money and even 5 years older then this other guy. If you're girl cheated on you you'd say that she upgraded too? And no I wasnt inadequate in the relationship, her parents run her life and they didnt get along with me, thats what happens when you dont grow up and allow your parents to control you. Its not about upgrading its about using someone because I didnt live where she worked. Well the place she is working is a small town that is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Its not a place I would have liked or even had a good chance of getting a good paying job. The place she got work was a place for experience and if she really loved me she would have compremised so I could have used my degree in a place where we both were happy in our young lives. She wasnt even that happy where she currently is she told me with her job and didnt know how long she would even stay there... well I guess someone to sleep with came along and all of a sudden she is staying there. What a user and do I want to be with her? No I dont but that doesnt make the pain go away, I was with this girl for 4 1/2 years and was her first long term relationship. I realize there are plenty of women out there that aren't selfish and that would love to be with me, so I will be alright its just like waiting out a hurricane, like the one that just hit NYC, not knowing when it will be over.

Last edited by sportsguy9981; 10-30-2012 at 08:50 PM..

Old 11-01-2012, 07:49 AM

128 posts, read 323,287 times
One thing that kinda does bother me is that she has somebody else already and I don't.. but I guess that feeling will go away as time goes by. Has anybody else had the same feelings/similiar situation in the first weeks/month post breakup? Its rough knowing that theres a physical relationship going on already with her and that other guy but I dont want to ruin my life by getting violent with her, she threw herself at guys in the past and its all her fault. People dont just invite themselves to sleep with women.

Last edited by sportsguy9981; 11-01-2012 at 08:06 AM..

Old 11-01-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy9981 View Post
One thing that kinda does bother me is that she has somebody else already and I don't.. but I guess that feeling will go away as time goes by. Has anybody else had the same feelings/similiar situation in the first weeks/month post breakup? Its rough knowing that theres a physical relationship going on already with her and that other guy but I dont want to ruin my life by getting violent with her, she threw herself at guys in the past and its all her fault. People dont just invite themselves to sleep with women.
Don't be bothered.
Just know that you were faithful and you were the best partner you could be and you just had bad luck.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:25 AM

1,201 posts, read 4,046,575 times
OP, very sorry that this happened to you, but many of us have been through the same.

It's been 10 years gone by now but I was married for 6 years to a guy who met someone online in another country and decided he was in love and wanted a divorce (and left the US for 3 months to go be with her).

This was all quite a surprise as he had not expressed any unhappiness prior to this. I was shocked and devastated but quickly decided that if he was going to be a problem that it was best that he was someone else's problem. He even payed for the divorce!

I talked to a counselor a few times who advised "no new relationships for a year," which was good advice. I took the time to get myself back together and ended up deciding to go to college.

It's difficult and painful now but it will get better. I looked at it in ratios: at first it would be on my mind maybe 95% of the time but I knew eventually that would change. After 6 months it was on my mind less than 50% of the time. It gave me a frame of reference to check my progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships