Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 05:30 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times

Advertisements

I certainly am not accusing the OP. I'm simply suggesting that she take a look at her own boundaries. There is no accusation, only a suggestion of addressing any issues that may be encouraging, without obviously meaning to, this type interaction. Did you read the whole thread? Defensiveness on your part is your issue.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:33 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I certainly am not accusing the OP. I'm simply suggesting that she take a look at her own boundaries. There is no accusation, only a suggestion of addressing any issues that may be encouraging, without obviously meaning to, this type interaction. Did you read the whole thread? Defensiveness on your part is your issue.
Whaa? I have no dog in this fight. Sure she should take a look at her actions, but being friendly doesn't mean that guys will automatically think you're an easy lay and there for proposition you. As I said before, in the universe of men she's crossed paths with, these 3 men are likely outliers on the curve, but I could be wrong. So suggesting that someone stop smiling or looking flirty, whatever that means, seems kind of silly when you look at the percentage of men that likely proposition her. And yes I read the whole thread. It doesn't change anything.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:44 AM

I find it much more productive to offer insights, directly to the OP than to deride other posters comments, which adds nothing to the discourse. Op, I wish you well. There have been a multitude of suggestions by many posters on many pages, hopefully something fits which stops your feeling of being demoralized.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:11 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
What amuses me about this thread is that women blame me for being too available, while men say to shrug it off as guys are going to take a shot if a woman is attractive. I am going to listen to the men on this one, will stay friendly and open, will keep my body fit and looking good, will keep wearing dresses and looking as pretty as I can manage. I like the fact that men still approach me in real life; I will just have to accept the fact that sometimes they are going to step over the line.

I suspect there is a measure of jealousy among women over this issue. It would really suck to not be apprroached nlby men anymore, so I would probably blame women too.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:32 AM

Good for you. That attitude will keep those jerks at bay. Letting people have the power to make us feel bad about ourselves is something everyone should assess. By your age it should be about your own inner self-esteem...not about others. Good luck to you, I wish you well.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:50 AM

365 posts, read 490,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I have been straight up sexually propositioned 3 times within the last 4 days. To give you an idea of how direct these proposals have been, they remind me of what I hear when I am at a hotel bar while on a business trip. This is very demoralizing as I just ended things with someone because he wanted to keep things far more casual than my preference.

The one from yesterday evening is someone I casually know but ran into at a restaurant. He mentioned having seen me on a dating site, and later after lamenting how none of the women he writes to will write him back, asked me straight up if he can go home with me. Yep, these guys don't want to date me. they only want to shag me.

For those who think I must be dressed provocatively - I don't. I get around by bike everywhere, so even if I wanted to dress like I'm promiscuous I couldn't. I was out on my bike for several hours, and this being November I was dressed to be outside.

I am not a 20-something hottie, I am 42 years old. Is this pretty much all I can expect now? Guys wanting to bang me and nothing more? I don't understand what is going on here.
This is just my opinion it seems that the men you're running into are not men at all but rather boys. I guess being unlucky would be a way to put it; i'm sorry for your loss. I wish that more guys would be more understand and finally come to their senses that wanting to be in a girls pants compared to dating a girl is different. Pants is one and done as dating can take you out of depression can make your life a lot more interesting make you more involved willing to change. Numerous people that i've seen recently that are older then me have changed a little for the better just cause of the person they are dating. Thrown away old habits;i'm raaambling! Sorry anyway... Seems like you dress well; are a very nice person and just getting "boys" who don't deserve your time. That's my take sorry on your loss.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:15 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Its probably a combo of reasons I would think.

-Dogs
-You are successful and don't need a man
-Strong personality when all men want is a break to something soft
-not the life phase where people talk about kids and marriage as much (been there done that and bitter)

I don't know how you are in RL social situations but if you are as challenging in person...
Guys who are too tired or weak for that will use and run. I think at that age set a lot of men are just tired of challenges. Its why they date younger. Its easier.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Its probably a combo of reasons I would think.

-Dogs
-You are successful and don't need a man
-Strong personality when all men want is a break to something soft
-not the life phase where people talk about kids and marriage as much (been there done that and bitter)

I don't know how you are in RL social situations but if you are as challenging in person...
Guys who are too tired or weak for that will use and run. I think at that age set a lot of men are just tired of challenges. Its why they date younger. Its easier.
I choose not to share anything about my real world life and personality on here. All I will say is that OngletNYC remains online. IRL people might like me more than I appear to be here, or might like me less. Maybe I am sweeter, or maybe I am meaner. It is irrelevant really vecause I am not willing to give anyone here information or insights about the real kem

Old 11-06-2012, 11:06 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I choose not to share anything about my real world life and personality on here. All I will say is that OngletNYC remains online. IRL people might like me more than I appear to be here, or might like me less. Maybe I am sweeter, or maybe I am meaner. It is irrelevant really vecause I am not willing to give anyone here information or insights about the real kem
It's a shame you don't share any of the real you here, because your online persona is just an angry, bitter woman.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
It's a shame you don't share any of the real you here, because your online persona is just an angry, bitter woman.
So then why do you follow my posts? i know nothing about your online personality because you are of no interest to me. That isnt a bad thing nor is it good, it is neutral. That you would waste your time following the posts of a handle you clearly don't like is quite sad. You should get a hobby, make some friends, do some dating or spend time with your partner if you have one. I feel quite sorry for you; your following my angry posts is a form of self abuse. You should take better care.of yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships