Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 08:21 AM

300 posts, read 659,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
The fact of the matter is, "anywhere" and "everywhere" was fine before and now for some reason it's not. And various positions were fine before and now this or that position hurts and missionary is kind of the only acceptable position now. It's like the sex/love trap. Get a man then change into a prude. ..
So did you talk to her yet? That would be the thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 08:23 AM

460 posts, read 672,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Sometimes women want just sex. Sometimes they want something more than that. Problem is, most men just want wham bam thank you mam relations.
I don't think that's true. I think men in hook-up situations just want that because they don't give a crap nor respect the girl. Men in relationships, like the op, however, most often really want to please their partner. Of course there are exceptions to the rule but it generally holds true. There are studies showing that women in one night stands and hook-ups achieve orgasm much less frequently than women having sex within a relationship.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:51 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Sounds like the partner is building up a tolerance to the roofies....double the dosage.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:16 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,873 times
Others may have said this, but it sounds like she is looking for other demonstrations of love. Women speak different languages when it comes to love. Sex is the man's primary language, but women understand acts of love rather than just sex. If/when you say "I love you", do you say it with meaning? Does she know why you love her? Or do you assume she knows the reason and go about your day?

Do you work to rekindle the early times of your relationship by re-introducing things that made you stand out from the other men in her life? If you do, are the actions performed just because you love her or because you want to have sex? (Women can pick up on ulterior motives faster than a politician looking for campaign contributions.)

Consider your attitude first and you might find that you can improve things without pointing a finger or two of blame in her direction. She probably feels the heat/pressure coming from you, resulting in an even greater need to push away.

Just a thought...

--Dim

Old 11-09-2012, 09:17 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
The fact of the matter is, "anywhere" and "everywhere" was fine before and now for some reason it's not. And various positions were fine before and now this or that position hurts and missionary is kind of the only acceptable position now. It's like the sex/love trap. Get a man then change into a prude. ..

Like I said, the men take something that was probably originally supposed to be fun & experimental and then degrade the entire situation to the level of a 'sexual ATM' where they have no respect for the woman it's just all about 'lets get this w*ore in any position, in any place we can get her in." Now I'm going off of what I seen where men no longer respect the woman as well as what I'm guessing these women are thinking in those kind of situations. Anyways, it probably becomes all about how often she is putting out and nothing else. This becomes the MAIN concern. It doesn't make any woman that I've known of feel good at all. I can clearly see why she begins to put limits on the sexual activity and it has nothing to do with 'pulling the wool over his eyes.'

Old 11-09-2012, 09:22 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
Others may have said this, but it sounds like she is looking for other demonstrations of love. Women speak different languages when it comes to love. Sex is the man's primary language, but women understand acts of love rather than just sex. If/when you say "I love you", do you say it with meaning? Does she know why you love her? Or do you assume she knows the reason and go about your day?

Do you work to rekindle the early times of your relationship by re-introducing things that made you stand out from the other men in her life? If you do, are the actions performed just because you love her or because you want to have sex? (Women can pick up on ulterior motives faster than a politician looking for campaign contributions.)

Consider your attitude first and you might find that you can improve things without pointing a finger or two of blame in her direction. She probably feels the heat/pressure coming from you, resulting in an even greater need to push away.

Just a thought...

--Dim
You're not wrong here, but since the OP is a gay man the dynamic isn't the same.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:24 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You're not wrong here, but since the OP is a gay man the dynamic isn't the same.
Did I miss something?

--Dim

Old 11-09-2012, 09:25 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Oh, in that case thats a completely different dynamic. Op said in the opening post, something about no longer being treated like a lady, so I think alot of people, myself included, were confused.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:07 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Oh, in that case thats a completely different dynamic. Op said in the opening post, something about no longer being treated like a lady, so I think alot of people, myself included, were confused.
The OP was simply trying to make the question gender-neutral by saying "he or she" and "gentleman or lady".

I think a likely reason for the diminished interest in sexual play is one not mentioned yet (that I noticed), which is that she really never had any strong sexual drive in the first place, but simply pretended to in the early stages to attract and keep the guy.

I'm reminded of a cartoon drawing I saw a long time ago of a man and a woman walking down the wedding aisle. The man was thinking "after I say I Do, I get to have sex any time I want for the rest of my life" and the woman is thinking "after I say I Do, I don't have to have sex ever again".

Old 11-09-2012, 10:26 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,630 times
Women are funny that way. Initially it's all over the house and then gradually the conservatism creeps in. One of the first to go is the oral, then the high heels and garters are replaced with headache excuses. Not saying they are no longer interested in doing those man-pleasing types of things...they just don't want to do them with you anymore. Best policy is to detach, show no interest in sex whatsoever, hit the couch for awhile. They may react and realize they've turned cold and correct it, but it's doubtful because at that stage you've probably lost them anyhow....just set her free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships