Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 10:11 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times

Advertisements

To be fair, I've had my fair share of misogynists.

I still hold onto the optimism there are people out there who don't expect one to put out so early on, and respect one's wishes to do so. They exist- especially if they care for you.

But, I don't fault those on the receiving end of the attitude of sexual coercion or manipulation. Never looks pretty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 10:15 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Just wanted to add that I've never slept with someone the same day that I met them. Every guy that I slept with - I knew for a nice bit of time. We might have only gone out on a few dates - but I had known them all long enough to feel safe with them. And never on the first date.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:31 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Just wanted to add that I've never slept with someone the same day that I met them. Every guy that I slept with - I knew for a nice bit of time. We might have only gone out on a few dates - but I had known them all long enough to feel safe with them. And never on the first date.
That was the toughest one for me, I never really used to date (or look for any type of relationship for that matter) and basically I'd just look for a one night stand from a party or bar.

I had it in my mind for many years that if a girl doesn't sleep with me right away it just means she's unattracted to me or doesn't like me. That's really not the case and a lot of quality girls won't sleep with you right away. It's no big deal if she's someone you want to continue seeing.

Nothing wrong with looking for a one night stand, everything serves a purpose but if you're dating it's no sweat.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:32 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
Would you say that there any situations where it's not a good idea to go for the kiss on the first meeting and/or date? I know that question makes me sound like I'm from the 1920s but bear with me.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Would you say that there any situations where it's not a good idea to go for the kiss on the first meeting and/or date? I know that question makes me sound like I'm from the 1920s but bear with me.
It depends how well the date went and how much physical contact you had during the date. I would not kiss unless you had some physical contact and if she was touching you at all. A good way to get a girl to be more comfortable with you is by walking with your arms locked. Don't hold hands, just have it so she's holding your arm.

That's typically why I like to do two things on a date. Start at place 1, then move on to another place so you can have some time to walk around together. In that time try to do that. If she walks like that, she like you and you can/should go in for a kiss sometime in the night.

If she is reluctant or pulls away, she might not be too attracted to you or simply doesn't want to. I wouldn't go for a kiss in that situation. If you had a good time, by all means call her again to go out. If she declines don't bother again. If she goes out again you should make a move though.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Not necessarily--the part about if they don't act crazy about you they're probably not. Most people try to play it cool so as not to come off as desperate. Especially on the first date, who wants to act crazy about someone? You can avoid all the how-to's if you just go into it with one mindset--to be yourself, have fun and maybe make a new friend. If it advances from there, even better!
I'm going from my experiences and what I've seen. I've never had a girl who is interested in me take a long time to respond to texts or not text me throughout the day. The only girls who have done that stuff to me are the girls who turn out to not be too attracted to me. I've never seen a girl try and play it cool.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:04 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,745 times
Good advice and great things learned when it comes to dating.
SIDEBAR*A girl that won't sleep with you on the first date just means that she has standards and respect for her body and doesn't want to be easy. It doesn't mean she doesn't like you.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:06 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I'm going from my experiences and what I've seen. I've never had a girl who is interested in me take a long time to respond to texts or not text me throughout the day. The only girls who have done that stuff to me are the girls who turn out to not be too attracted to me. I've never seen a girl try and play it cool.
I've never played it cool. I don't think I'm capable of it!

Old 11-09-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
Good advice and great things learned when it comes to dating.
SIDEBAR*A girl that won't sleep with you on the first date just means that she has standards and respect for her body and doesn't want to be easy. It doesn't mean she doesn't like you.
That took a while for me to learn

Old 11-09-2012, 08:19 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
I think we had a whole thread devoted to this, awhile ago. There really isn't a rule of thumb these days, but some women aren't interested in kissing a virtual stranger, someone they only just met. A kiss is an intimate act, not an after-dinner mint, a token. It's best to not be presumptuous about what you can and can't do with women's erogenous zones, especially on the first date. If the woman gave you clear cues during the date (snuggling close while walking together, maybe), it might be ok. But really, think about it; if you're unsure about it yourself, and uncomfortable, why would you do that, anyway? Why not wait until there's enough of a bond that kissing would come naturally?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships