Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 04:26 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
LOL yeah you know me personally so well to be able to say what I am or am not.
No - but I have read enough of your posts about yourself, your friends, and your family to come to an educated guess. In another thread - you are talking about your brother having two little kids, a wife, and a mistress. You have said before that you see no good examples of good relationships around you. All relationships are bad. So - obviously - if this is truly the case, your friends' Facebook relationship status' are not going to be indicative of the status' of those in healthy relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 04:34 PM

837 posts, read 1,287,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
No - but I have read enough of your posts about yourself, your friends, and your family to come to an educated guess. In another thread - you are talking about your brother having two little kids, a wife, and a mistress. You have said before that you see no good examples of good relationships around you. All relationships are bad. So - obviously - if this is truly the case, your friends' Facebook relationship status' are not going to be indicative of the status' of those in healthy relationships.
Your sentence also mentioned well adjusted, happy people. I know many people who are happy and well adjusted and aren't in good relationships. My brother is the happiest when he's with his mistress, if you saw my father with his grandsons, he couldn't be happier. It's just a matter of perspective.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:15 PM

300 posts, read 659,484 times
It does sound like he's hiding you. Can you just tell him it bothers you, and ask him to add you? If your man doesn't care enough about your feelings to add you to Facebook to make you feel good, then I can't believe he gives a crap about your feelings at all.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:26 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,198,193 times
Could it be that he just feels that EVERYONE knows he's with you, and that if you want to talk to him or see him you can just wait 'til he comes home instead of needing this weird Facebook relationship confirmation?

Old 11-10-2012, 06:28 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Could it be that he just feels that EVERYONE knows he's with you, and that if you want to talk to him or see him you can just wait 'til he comes home instead of needing this weird Facebook relationship confirmation?
"Comes home"? The OP and her bf don't live together.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:37 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,198,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Comes home"? The OP and her bf don't live together.
Derp. Managed to cut off half my response by mistake. By "comes home" I mean coming over.

The bigger issue isn't the FB stuff... it's the living separately thing... and the having a baby with someone who isn't committed thing...

Old 11-11-2012, 08:58 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Forget Facebook - is he named on your baby's birth certificate as the father, and is he paying child support? If not, why not?

Old 11-11-2012, 09:03 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Forget Facebook - is he named on your baby's birth certificate as the father, and is he paying child support? If not, why not?
These are the $50,000 questions. I'm surprised it took us 5 pages to bring this up.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:30 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
Guys Perspective:

Well its pretty silly that you need your picture on a FB profile to feel reassurance of your relationships. Clearly youre not getting you want from the relationship and its not a FB picture.

Put your cards on the table. See where your relationship is going. I think that is the healthy, smart way for anyone to know where they stand. MAke sure youre ready to hear something you may not like though. its something you have to take responsibility for..most people ask for the truth and cant handle it...then they turn on their partners as some form of victims. No ones owes you anything my dear. if you want the truth, ask for it. and be ready for it. No blaming anyone
He DOES owe her some kind of child support don't you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships