Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2012, 12:56 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I get that - but once a woman makes it past your beauty qualifications - are you saying that you don't care about her personality at all? I highly doubt that you would stay with someone that had a personality that you didn't like simply because she was hot.
If you are looking for a long term relationship and companion than obviously personality plays its role. But the point im trying to make, is that its not the most important thing to men, and is way less important than physical beauty and attraction. With that said, plenty of guys put up with hot women, even though they have aweful personalities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 01:02 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
I get that - but once a woman makes it past your beauty qualifications - are you saying that you don't care about her personality at all? I highly doubt that you would stay with someone that had a personality that you didn't like simply because she was hot.

No guy with any ounce of self respect puts up with a girl he doesn't like, just because she's good looking. I think what they're saying is that guys are always attracted to looks first, and it's much more important for guys. If we see a hot girl, you bet your butt we're going to go talk to her, regardless of thinking about what her interests might be.

If we talk to her and she sucks... well we'd move on to the next hot girl. I think he meant that, more than putting up with a not so nice girl because she's hot. Leave that to the guys who have no self respect.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:08 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
If you are looking for a long term relationship and companion than obviously personality plays its role. But the point im trying to make, is that its not the most important thing to men, and is way less important than physical beauty and attraction. With that said, plenty of guys put up with hot women, even though they have aweful personalities.
That may be how you operate - but I don't think that's how all men operate. I'm not disputing the fact that you need to be attracted to a woman but you are making it seem that a man would marry someone who they found just satisfactory in the personality department as long as she was hot. I think most men do care about personality a great deal - as long as he is attracted to her in the first place. Like I said - I think it's 100% looks and 100% personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
No guy with any ounce of self respect puts up with a girl he doesn't like, just because she's good looking. I think what they're saying is that guys are always attracted to looks first, and it's much more important for guys. If we see a hot girl, you bet your butt we're going to go talk to her, regardless of thinking about what her interests might be.

If we talk to her and she sucks... well we'd move on to the next hot girl. I think he meant that, more than putting up with a not so nice girl because she's hot. Leave that to the guys who have no self respect.
I don't think he feels the same way you do - but I'm more inclined to say that more men think they way that you do as opposed to the way he does.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:10 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
Quote:
I said on the first or second page that I absolutely care about her personality. There's NO man on this planet that doesn't

Old 11-17-2012, 01:12 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I said on the first or second page that I absolutely care about her personality. There's NO man on this planet that doesn't
Well, there seem to be some in this thread that don't!
But I agree with you - like I said, I'm pretty sure that all the guys that dated me liked me for my looks AND my personality.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:17 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
B.S.

They care about beauty over all other qualities because they just do. Stop putting it on the fertility crap. That age group of women they so doggedly pursue has nothing to do with 'fertility,' LOL they pursue them for purely superficial and physical reasons as it pertains to sex. Who do you think you are kidding with this stuff?
So having kids isn't important to men lol? A woman's prime fertility age is her 20's, we think about that stuff especially if talking about a long term partner where kids are likely involved

Old 11-17-2012, 01:25 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
So having kids isn't important to men lol? A woman's prime fertility age is her 20's, we think about that stuff especially if talking about a long term partner where kids are likely involved

Where did I say having kids wasn't important? I didnt, Brad.

What I was basically saying is they use the most B.S. excuses to explain why they are certain ways or think certain ways. I prefer to call a spade, a spade.

They are not looking at some 22 year old with perky t*ts for her fertility benefits . The fact that some men try to trot that excuse out as believable is laughable.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:26 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Where did I say having kids wasn't important? I didnt, Brad.

What I was basically saying is they use the most B.S. excuses to explain why they are certain ways or think certain ways. I prefer to call a spade, a spade.

They are not looking at some 22 year old with perky t*ts for her fertility benefits . The fact that some men try to trot that excuse out as believable is laughable.
LOL @ perky t*ts......

Old 11-17-2012, 01:27 PM

410 posts, read 515,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I hate to oversimplify the subject, but here is the truth. Men care about physical beauty and youthfulness, because they instinctualy equate it with fertility. This is the reason attractive girls of 18-24 are the most persued group of women. For women, personality is more important, because instinctualy she does not need a man to have her baby. She needs support, protection and someone to provide for her while she is raising the offspring. But none of those things can be told about a man by the way he looks.

This is why mans behavior and personality are far more important than his looks or attractivness. Consider this, some years ago there was research done with many participants, and it turned out that almost all men are able to tell if a woman whom they have never met would make a suitable mate, by simply looking at her picture. But when the women were asked the same question, very few could tell if a strange man in the picture, would make a suitable mate. Its our nature and this is how we are meant to be, so there is no reason to criticize anyone for it.
What do you mean by youthfulness?

Old 11-17-2012, 01:29 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL @ perky t*ts......

yea perky t*ts. your fertility goddess awaits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships