Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 08:22 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,292,563 times

Advertisements

The only reason why guys contact old high school or college "friends" through facebook is because they want to date or hook up with them. That's it.

He might have thought you understood this unspoken truth and agreed to go out with him because you were partially interested... and the "date" went well, you laughed, you were a bit tipsy and it was fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 08:32 AM

23 posts, read 50,150 times
That's a great article. I think its easy for women to be "just friends" with guys, but guys can't be "just friends" with a girl if they find her attractive in some way. I don't know, my guy friends and brothers have told me that the only girl they consider "just friends" are the ones they just can't imagine having sex with or the girl is physically unattractive. One of my brothers has tons of female friends, but he has zero attraction to any of them becuase he's not physically attracted to them and would never have sex with them. He's actually the one "friend zoning" girls haha.

Anyway, I know it is normal for a guy to want to mess with a girl. I have guy friends who still text, email and call me after years of being in the "friend zone" (meaning they would def date me if I was interested). I've had some male friends tell me they would leave their gf if I wanted them. However, with this old friend, I guess I just won't accept that he wanted to be more than friends because we're so different. We do not hang out in similar crowds, nor do we date similar types of people. I've never even dated/liked anyone outside of my ethnicity. I know when a guy friend likes me and I did not get those signals from this one ever. But it's not even that serious. I was definitely over-thinking it. I guess I was just very surprised by his forwardness at the time. Thanks for the good read.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:43 AM

300 posts, read 661,752 times
I think when guys just want a quick lay, they couldn't care less about whether they hang out with similar crowds. They're not thinking so much about who their type is. Just looking for some momentary pleasure.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:55 AM

23,174 posts, read 12,355,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaoBella14 View Post
yea maybe I am reading too much into it... maybe, I told the story wrong - but the point was that out "meeting up" WAS NOT a date.
So you think. Sounds to me like he walked you home because that's the only chance to be alone with you. Maybe you two are different and date different types, that doesn't mean he doesn't like you. Maybe he sees something, maybe it's the challenge, maybe it's just to see if he can bed you. Who knows? But sounds to me like he put a lot of effort in meeting up with you and decided it wasn't worth all that effort again.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
So you think. Sounds to me like he walked you home because that's the only chance to be alone with you. Maybe you two are different and date different types, that doesn't mean he doesn't like you. Maybe he sees something, maybe it's the challenge, maybe it's just to see if he can bed you. Who knows? But sounds to me like he put a lot of effort in meeting up with you and decided it wasn't worth all that effort again.
yea, ur prob right. And I suppose he's not interested in hanging out again since he doesn't want to be my friend haha.. kinda sad, i was looking forward to having a college friend to chill with once in a while, maybe go watch our school's sports teams play and stuff lol

Old 11-19-2012, 09:36 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,745,705 times
He would have had a better shot if he wasn't in a relationship on FB with pictures of him and his girlfriend plastered all over his page.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:41 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,231,229 times
It sounds like one of two things happened:

1) He just wanted sex and now thinks that he can't get it from you so he moved on
2) He took it as a rejection and thinks that you don't like him

Either way, it's not your fault. He should have made moves on you beforehand to see what you're looking for and to let you know that he's interested.

It sounds like you like him, but, if he doesn't contact you, you don't want a guy like that anyway.

On to the next one!

Old 11-19-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
He would have had a better shot if he wasn't in a relationship on FB with pictures of him and his girlfriend plastered all over his page.
HA! Im actually still suspicious about that becuase anyone would assume the girl in his pix is his girlfriend. I think she tagged him in all these pix from a recent vacation to Miami where they are hugging in the ocean and stuff. It seems they went alone since no on else is in the album. I asked him directly if he was seeing someone because I assumed 100% that he was and wanted to hear about it since this girl lives in the city too.. but he said flat out "No, I don't have a girlfriend, I'm single". But Idk why he would lie tho and not hide the evidence? Its all kinda weird

Old 11-19-2012, 09:48 AM

42,762 posts, read 53,056,809 times
Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-19-2012, 09:54 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,745,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaoBella14 View Post
HA! Im actually still suspicious about that becuase anyone would assume the girl in his pix is his girlfriend. I think she tagged him in all these pix from a recent vacation to Miami where they are hugging in the ocean and stuff. It seems they went alone since no on else is in the album. I asked him directly if he was seeing someone because I assumed 100% that he was and wanted to hear about it since this girl lives in the city too.. but he said flat out "No, I don't have a girlfriend, I'm single". But Idk why he would lie tho and not hide the evidence? Its all kinda weird
I dunno... seriously. It's best to assume that he's just a friend who doesn't want to hang out anymore for whatever reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships