Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2012, 03:52 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
I keep repeating the questions because women keep accusing me of feeling entitled to sex and female attention, as if this is wrong of me to feel that i deserve sex, a partner, happiness, etc. Nobody has yet provided me a satisfactory answer of why this is so terrible of me to feel this way. Lack of sex and attention is likely not 100% gender specific either, as i'm sure somewhere you can find SOME woman who isn't getting enough sex and feels she deserves more. Just because something is not 100% gender specific, it can still affect one gender disproportionately.
It's not a satisfactory answer that it degrades gals by regarding gals to sexual objects to be divided equally amongst guys rather than individual human beings.

It's not a satisfactory answer that it shames/blames/scapegoat gals for their right to say no.

It's not a satisfactory answer that it's narcissistic self-entitlement that's only about your desires rather than mutual and consensual.

Seems more like there is no satisfactory answer because you don't want there to be. Similar to how you feel owed based on your criteria and it's unfair if you can't get what you want on your criteria.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:54 PM

88 posts, read 159,318 times
@ The OP: I would totally date you!! I think you are cute. However, I *am* four years older than you and heck, you may would not find me to be in the "attractive" category...I am a woman of color, I am an athletic petite - 5'1 and 110 pounds as of my physical last week...but I suppose the face makes or breaks it :-) I can relate to what you say though - as a girl I have wondered the same thing from the other side of the fence - my moonlighting gig is in a public venue and if you went by what I see on a daily basis, it seems that there are no guys at all out there who are unpartnered - I very very seldom see a guy, cute or not so cute, without a woman at their side, holding hands, etc., etc. I think region has something to do with it though. Like you, I work long hours (I average about 55-65 a week with peaks of 70+ now and again), and am also an introvert, though a very social one indeed. Don't know what to tell you, except to keep hope alive. There are women out there! I have single friends who are attractive, fit, and sweet doctors, lawyers, and engineers! I think it's kind of the same problem with us ladies, in reverse - we work long hours, and by the time you get past that, plus going to the gym, family social obligations and making sure to spend time with the friends you already have, there's just not much left over to meet new people. Especially ones you want to build something long term with, not just a one-time thing (I feel comfortable saying that most of my friends were over that by 21 at the latest, haha) - and it definitely is harder once you are out of college and don't have a ready-made pipeline of people to meet your own age.

Heck, the only reason I'm on here today posting this is because I'm at home sick and would have gone in anyway except for the fact that they involuntarily quarantined me :-(

Old 12-05-2012, 03:56 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
I keep repeating the questions because women keep accusing me of feeling entitled to sex and female attention, as if this is wrong of me to feel that i deserve sex, a partner, happiness, etc.
This has nothing to do with the questions about divorce laws and alimony you keep posting.
Please take up this entitlement thing with your therapist. Life owes you nothing for being born. Women owe you nothing. Men owe women nothing. Most humans are just looking for loving companionship, and someone to start a family with.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:58 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:
I keep repeating the questions because women keep accusing me of feeling entitled to sex and female attention, as if this is wrong of me to feel that i deserve sex, a partner, happiness, etc. Nobody has yet provided me a satisfactory answer of why this is so terrible of me to feel this way.
There's a difference between deserving something and feeling entitled to it just because you want it. No one is saying it's wrong to want a partner. It's the impression you are leaving that women who you are doing a favor by approaching but feel aren't on your level of fitness and attractiveness should automatically feel honored and fall at your feet that's that issue.

Quote:
Lack of sex and attention is likely not 100% gender specific either, as i'm sure somewhere you can find SOME woman who isn't getting enough sex and feels she deserves more. Just because something is not 100% gender specific, it can still affect one gender disproportionately.
It's been almost 5 years here, and I don't really see how that equates to me deserving to have sex. Would I like to? With the right person, of course. But I haven't done anything special to deserve for that to happen and given I haven't even been approached in over 2 years, I've accepted things are not going to change anytime soon. But I'm surrounded by people who love me and am not hurting for companionship so as long as that doesn't change, I'm in a pretty good place.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:07 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
There's a difference between deserving something and feeling entitled to it just because you want it. No one is saying it's wrong to want a partner. It's the impression you are leaving that women who you are doing a favor by approaching but feel aren't on your level of fitness and attractiveness should automatically feel honored and fall at your feet that's that issue.
Well, i think it should go both ways. I think a man should treat a woman like a Queen, and a woman should treat a man like a King.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:10 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Well, i think it should go both ways. I think a man should treat a woman like a Queen, and a woman should treat a man like a King.
That happens AFTER they're in a relationship.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
I thought you were all about fairness and being treated like a King while one is treated like a Queen isn't fair as generally Kings hold more power.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:25 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This has nothing to do with the questions about divorce laws and alimony you keep posting.
Please take up this entitlement thing with your therapist. Life owes you nothing for being born. Women owe you nothing. Men owe women nothing. Most humans are just looking for loving companionship, and someone to start a family with.
People owe other people things all the time. That's what entitlement programs are. For whatever reason, we as a society have chosen to be compassionate to those suffering from financial poverty, but not to have compassion for those suffering poverty in sex, love, and companionship. In my opinion, we should have compassion for both people suffering financial poverty and people suffering from these other forms of poverty. Not sure why we choose to help one group of people and let the other group suffer. It is a value judgement that society has made, which I strongly disagree with.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
People owe other people things all the time. That's what entitlement programs are. For whatever reason, we as a society have chosen to be compassionate to those suffering from financial poverty, but not to have compassion for those suffering poverty in sex, love, and companionship. In my opinion, we should have compassion for both people suffering financial poverty and people suffering from these other forms of poverty. Not sure why we choose to help one group of people and let the other group suffer. It is a value judgement that society has made, which I strongly disagree with.
The keyword is 'things' not 'people'.

Perhaps society doesn't help those suffering poverty in sex, love, and companionship as it's supposed to be mutual and consensual and helping those suffering would entail infringing on others right to say no and choose who they want in their lives.

Helping guys sufferring poverty in sex would likely mean raping gals by manipulating and coercing them to have sex with guys they don't want by shaming/blaming/scapegoating gals such as your desire to protest gals right to say no and call them selfish, unsympathetic, and lacking compassion.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:34 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Read the essay The New Dating Game by Charlotte Allen. It answers the question of this thread in detail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships