Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 06:32 PM

673 posts, read 3,090,260 times

Advertisements

So, usually enough I actually have a chance to go out on date with this very attractive classy woman I met in uptown. I seemed to have gotten her attention when I agreed with her the Symphony Orchestra would be nice to check out.

After talking with her a bit she was interested in going on a date with me to the Symphony Orchestra and get dinner at a nice restaurant. Good seats at Orchestra will cost $100-$125 each and the nice "Five Sixty by Wolfgang Puck" restaurant would be about $60 per person, so I would be paying a total of $350-$400.

This woman likes to be highly fashionable and has a fairly expensive taste. And it doesn't seem like she would be interested in going on a less expensive date with me...

Honestly, the reason I am still considering this is because she is very sexually attractive thought I bet nothing will happen until more dates with her. I am still undecided since $350/$400 is pretty high for date and I don't think I ever had to spend over $100 on a single date. Also, I am not sure if I will actually end up enjoying the date and her company.

Do you guys think it is worth to go ahead with date with her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 06:51 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,443,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unseengundam View Post
So, usually enough I actually have a chance to go out on date with this very attractive classy woman I met in uptown. I seemed to have gotten her attention when I agreed with her the Symphony Orchestra would be nice to check out.

After talking with her a bit she was interested in going on a date with me to the Symphony Orchestra and get dinner at a nice restaurant. Good seats at Orchestra will cost $100-$125 each and the nice "Five Sixty by Wolfgang Puck" restaurant would be about $60 per person, so I would be paying a total of $350-$400.

This woman likes to be highly fashionable and has a fairly expensive taste. And it doesn't seem like she would be interested in going on a less expensive date with me...

Honestly, the reason I am still considering this is because she is very sexually attractive thought I bet nothing will happen until more dates with her. I am still undecided since $350/$400 is pretty high for date and I don't think I ever had to spend over $100 on a single date. Also, I am not sure if I will actually end up enjoying the date and her company.

Do you think you would enjoy the symphony and a nice dinner with an attractive woman if that's all you'd get out of it?

Can you comfortably afford to do this?

If you think she'll never be satisfied with less, then you might as well not start. If there's a fair chance she'll love you as you are, then why not try?

If all you want is sex with an attractive woman...how much will it cost you to get this one vs. another one?

You know you have choices that range from prostitutes to perfectly nice women who are not high maintenance.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:53 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times
Rofl, you think you got a chance with this girl? She'll dump you in a heartbeat when she finds out this isn't your normal bankroll. She thinks ur rich and this will be your normal weekends out.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:56 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,132,600 times
You can go to the symphony for well under $100-$125 and still have decent seats, you know. I've done (and still do) it. Why don't you look at the seating chart and pick out more affordable seats, but still do the nice dinner?

Old 11-22-2012, 06:57 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unseengundam View Post

If this is her standard for dates, figure you'll be locked into subsequent expensive dates with her, if you both get along well on this one. Maybe she wasn't hinting you should pay her way, maybe she was just saying it would be nice to attend with you. You could suggest you meet there, and tell her you'll spring for dinner for both of you. idk, it depends on what you mean by "classy". Maybe that wouldn't work. Just a thought. But if this is the kind of person you want to run with, it'll end up costing you more than just that one date, bear that in mind. You might have to pick up a 2nd job to be able to afford dating this woman.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:57 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,423,821 times
Spend the 350-400 on a hooker its a better investment than if you do your OP.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:00 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,692 times
Yeah, Im a woman and I would actually feel a little uncomfortable to think a guy was shelling out that much on a first date. Sheesh see if she is just willing to go to Starbucks for a coffee, and a $25 comedy show afterwards or something

Old 11-22-2012, 07:27 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,645,510 times
If you don't have that money to spend easily, no.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:06 PM

245 posts, read 385,907 times
I'd do it just for the experience, if it was affordable for me. It's a first date like any other, so she's going to judge it not just on the activity, but also the company. If it goes well, then come up with a creative but less expensive second date. She may be a superficial gold digger and she may not be.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:16 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,053,193 times
Even if I had the money, I wouldn't pay that kind of money for a first date. Women like that don't need anymore men feeding into their golden p***y syndrome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships