Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 08:24 PM

548 posts, read 890,939 times

Advertisements

Last month this guy messages me on the dating site Plenty Of Fish we exchange a few messages and then cell numbers and talked for a good 1-2 weeks really hitting it off when then he disappears.

I called him a few days later leaving him a voicemail but no return call so I figured he was no longer interested in me. So after that a few weeks passed and I had messaged him again for the hell of it and didn't get a response until last night.

He replied back saying that his cell phone got turned off so that was his access point to getting online etc. So without his cell and the internet there was no way for us to communicate until he got his phone turned back on.

So we messaged one another a bit on the dating site last night and I told him if your still interested in me, let's talk on the phone I gave him my cell and left it up to him.

He calls me we talked for a good 30 minutes and then an additional 30 minutes or so via text after that. Him leaving me hanging on my last text message due to him falling asleep.

The morning arrives and I get a text message from him saying "hey cutie" around 10:30AM, I replied back around 10:45AM "hey hey". Then I don't hear from him at all throughout today.

It's now 7PM should I continue to wait and see IF he replies to this text or calls me or should I call him or text him again?

The ball is now in his court so it's his turn to make the move, it's just I don't know what to do now, HELP.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:41 PM

662 posts, read 1,259,597 times
I'm shocked you can post the exact same thing over and over on this forum.

You really need professional help

Old 12-15-2012, 08:41 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,908,563 times
He is a married guy that set up a dating profile online

Old 12-15-2012, 08:44 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,524,165 times
Stop chasing this guy. It only makes you look desperate...and easy. He is not interested in you. Move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
Last month this guy messages me on the dating site Plenty Of Fish we exchange a few messages and then cell numbers and talked for a good 1-2 weeks really hitting it off when then he disappears.

I called him a few days later leaving him a voicemail but no return call so I figured he was no longer interested in me. So after that a few weeks passed and I had messaged him again for the hell of it and didn't get a response until last night.

He replied back saying that his cell phone got turned off so that was his access point to getting online etc. So without his cell and the internet there was no way for us to communicate until he got his phone turned back on.

So we messaged one another a bit on the dating site last night and I told him if your still interested in me, let's talk on the phone I gave him my cell and left it up to him.

He calls me we talked for a good 30 minutes and then an additional 30 minutes or so via text after that. Him leaving me hanging on my last text message due to him falling asleep.

The morning arrives and I get a text message from him saying "hey cutie" around 10:30AM, I replied back around 10:45AM "hey hey". Then I don't hear from him at all throughout today.

It's now 7PM should I continue to wait and see IF he replies to this text or calls me or should I call him or text him again?

The ball is now in his court so it's his turn to make the move, it's just I don't know what to do now, HELP.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:47 PM

548 posts, read 890,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Stop chasing this guy. It only makes you look desperate...and easy. He is not interested in you. Move on.
How do you know he's not interested in me?

Old 12-15-2012, 08:48 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,984,807 times
I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe just talk to the other guys who have sent you messages until he responds. Men aren't as big as "texters" as women (so I've read). They don't constantly look at their phones and they aren't sitting by waiting for women to respond to their messages.

He most likely got caught up doing something and forgot. Just wait it out until he does text/call back. But don't literally wait it out. Do something to take your mind off of the anxiousness of your waiting.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:20 PM

313 posts, read 664,423 times
Move on. I've dated a guy who was not responding to my texts and I thought he was just not into texting. People here told me to move on but I didn't listen and I still continued to see him. Why not? He text me sometimes and still made plans to see me but you know what, it wasn't a real thing. He was only there when he needed me but when he was busy with something else he wasnt available to see me or to even just contact me. Don't deal with this type of guy. There are nice guys out there who would treat you right.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:22 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Do you not understand the term "the ball is in his court?"

Old 12-15-2012, 09:23 PM

354 posts, read 517,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd1014 View Post
I'm shocked you can post the exact same thing over and over on this forum.

You really need professional help
i concur.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:29 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,018,321 times
..... and the definition of insanity is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships