Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 03:11 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
lol

Hai guys, you're lower middle class if you're not making at least 250K a year

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 03:12 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
LOL @ "lower middle class if you haven't reached 6 figures"

Do you realize how completely delusional you are? The average income in this country is 37K. Middle class is about 30-50K a year

Less than 10% of people in this country make six figures for god's sake
Depends where you are. If he's working at a Big 4 then he's not in podunk USA where 55k may be something. Sorry, but that's not gold. Please explain to me how he has gold to dig by the women in his social circles.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:13 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
What's at risk, really? His student loan debt? His used Honda? There are more educated professional women in his age bracket than men. What exactly are the women in his social circles going to dig for that they don't already have?
My gf hates my 97 Civic. She knows the chicks start ripping off their panties and bras when they see me Rollin' down the street.

If she wants it, it would be to destroy it so I remain loyal to her.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:16 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Hai guys, you're lower middle class if you're not making at least 250K a year

I know, man.

I need to keep my broke a$$ at home, with my lower middle class self.

I don't have any gold to dig, not even any cubic zirconia or sterling silver for women to dig.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Depends where you are. If he's working at a Big 4 then he's not in podunk USA where 55k may be something. Sorry, but that's not gold. Please explain to me how he has gold to dig by the women in his social circles.

I didn't say that he did have gold. IMO you're not a target for a gold digger unless you're VERY well off

Still, saying that lower middle class = not making six figures is completely asinine. My dad used to be quality manager at a factory and only made 60K a year for god's sake

Old 12-23-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I know it's disappointing that you weren't able to "put me in my place" as much as you wanted to with that question, but that's a reach.
I looked at your back posts and found your salary. All of you are nuts if you think the salary you are bringing in is gold to be dug. It's just ridiculous. And sorry, I don't think 55k, or 65k is much. I earn significantly more than that and I'm not living in luxury. I think the title of middle class is economic snake oil. People struggle earning that little. That's just the reality of it.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:21 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
I think I'd drop my gf for a dude making 55k-65k per year.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I didn't say that he did have gold. IMO you're not a target for a gold digger unless you're VERY well off

Still, saying that lower middle class = not making six figures is completely asinine. My dad used to be quality manager at a factory and only made 60K a year for god's sake
Yea, and then consider inflation. The cost of living has been going up significantly for decades, but salaries have not been keeping up with that trend. The middle class is struggling. Anything less than 6 figures, or at least close to it, in any thriving metro area is going to be tight.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:23 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,576,568 times
Quote:
I looked at your back posts and found your salary. All of you are nuts if you think the salary you are bringing in is gold to be dug. It's just ridiculous. And sorry, I don't think 55k, or 65k is much. I earn significantly more than that and I'm not living in luxury. I think the title of middle class is economic snake oil. People struggle earning that little. That's just the reality of it.
Gold digging is all relative. To a woman making 30K, a guy making 60K is a prize. And just because a girl has money doesn't mean she can't be a golddigger. There are plenty of women making 100K+ who are gold diggers.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:

The only place where you need to make six figures to be middle class would be somewhere like Manhattan , Miami and certain parts of other states (like California)

65K is almost twice the national average income (37K). Dude you're completely delusional. 90% of people in this country can live perfectly fine off 65K
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships