Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 09:51 PM

8 posts, read 14,720 times

Advertisements

I've been pretty down lately so I figured I'd attempt to get some online advice. Though after reading other threads on here I have already cheered up quite a bit, because life could be much, much worse. Anyways..
A bit about me. I'm 22 and a full time college student. Although I have dealt with confidence and anxiety in social situations since high school (I am slowly overcoming these not-so-great attributes), I am not totally inexperienced in that I do go on dates and I have had sexual relations.. I didn't lose my virginity until I was 21 though and have only had sex with one other girl since( I have done oral with a few others).

So here is kind my dilemma, if you will. I keep having these flings with girls I like deeply. I can't seem to make any of them last longer than a month. I could care less about sex, I just want to be close to someone. I bet many of you are thinking this is where I go wrong. But I don't believe I make this evident to the women because I don't think I portray myself as needy or attached.

So about after a month I keep getting the excuse "I don't want a relationship right now". Fine, fair enough. but I have got this excuse 4 times with the last 4 girls I have had something with. Now, granted, It must have been true for the first one because I found out later she was with multiple men while she was with me haha. But she was the one that whipped my penis within a day or two so I should have known that she just wanted to have some fun. But the last 2 or three girls, and especially the most recent one have been so much different. She's quiet and not at all permiscuous. I didn't have sex with her for like 3 weeks and we were hanging out quite a bit. We had a great time just enjoying each others company and going out on dates and laughing and messing around in bed all day without going all the way. Yes I am very inexperienced in bed still, and I kind of think this is part of it, but it doesnt seem to be the problem because she seems fine with me only lasting like 5 minutes or so haha... Things only end once the issue of a relationship arises. I asked the recent girl "where we stood" because she was about to leave for the winter break" and that was the end of that.

So I would be fine with not calling it a relationship and continuing just to have some fun, but after this topic arises the girls never hang out with me again..... So I have to believe it's something I am doing and not just how most college women my age are..

Ladies, any advice? Men feel free to chime in too. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 09:56 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowlyButSurely View Post
I've been pretty down lately so I figured I'd attempt to get some online advice. Though after reading other threads on here I have already cheered up quite a bit, because life could be much, much worse. Anyways..
A bit about me. I'm 22 and a full time college student. Although I have dealt with confidence and anxiety in social situations since high school (I am slowly overcoming these not-so-great attributes), I am not totally inexperienced in that I do go on dates and I have had sexual relations.. I didn't lose my virginity until I was 21 though and have only had sex with one other girl since( I have done oral with a few others).

So here is kind my dilemma, if you will. I keep having these flings with girls I like deeply. I can't seem to make any of them last longer than a month. I could care less about sex, I just want to be close to someone. I bet many of you are thinking this is where I go wrong. But I don't believe I make this evident to the women because I don't think I portray myself as needy or attached.

So about after a month I keep getting the excuse "I don't want a relationship right now". Fine, fair enough. but I have got this excuse 4 times with the last 4 girls I have had something with. Now, granted, It must have been true for the first one because I found out later she was with multiple men while she was with me haha. But she was the one that whipped my penis within a day or two so I should have known that she just wanted to have some fun. But the last 2 or three girls, and especially the most recent one have been so much different. She's quiet and not at all permiscuous. I didn't have sex with her for like 3 weeks and we were hanging out quite a bit. We had a great time just enjoying each others company and going out on dates and laughing and messing around in bed all day without going all the way. Yes I am very inexperienced in bed still, and I kind of think this is part of it, but it doesnt seem to be the problem because she seems fine with me only lasting like 5 minutes or so haha... Things only end once the issue of a relationship arises. I asked the recent girl "where we stood" because she was about to leave for the winter break" and that was the end of that.

So I would be fine with not calling it a relationship and continuing just to have some fun, but after this topic arises the girls never hang out with me again..... So I have to believe it's something I am doing and not just how most college women my age are..

Ladies, any advice? Men feel free to chime in too. Thanks.
It sounds like you were getting to whiny about it. That's an instant attraction killer.

Guys shouldn't be asking where the relationship stands. That's a chick thing to say. It sounds VERY needy and validation seeking coming from a guy.

Next time, have fun with it. Smile, look her dead in the eyes, and say "I want to be exclusive." It'll work.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:58 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Guys shouldn't be asking where the relationship stands.
Correct.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:00 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,027,817 times
Quote:
It sounds like you were getting to whiny about it. That's an instant attraction killer.

Guys shouldn't be asking where the relationship stands. That's a chick thing to say. It sounds VERY needy and validation seeking coming from a guy.

Next time, have fun with it. Smile, look her dead in the eyes, and say "I want to be exclusive." It'll work.
I don't think chicks should be asking that crap either but that's just me.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:01 PM

8 posts, read 14,720 times
holy crap you guys are fast.Thanks so much. So just leave the topic alone even if they never bring it up? It is kind of hard not knowing where you stand with someone you really care about; but I guess that comes with experience?

Old 01-17-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowlyButSurely View Post
holy crap you guys are fast.Thanks so much. So just leave the topic alone even if they never bring it up? It is kind of hard not knowing where you stand with someone you really care about; but I guess that comes from experience?
You should know where you stand. You're the man. You lead the interaction and the relationship.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:07 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
You should know where you stand. You're the man. You lead the interaction and the relationship.
Oh do you?

Old 01-17-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Oh do you?
Yes.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Yes.
Interesting.

How?

Old 01-17-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Interesting.

How?
What do you mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships