Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 05:42 PM

633 posts, read 724,141 times

Advertisements

ugh. met a really nice guy on dating site. and i messed it up! im sad real sad. he treated me very very well. dunno what to do. #myLOSS!

he just sent me a message that he won't be seeing me anymore.. because he saw that i was still active in POF. we kind of said we are bf/gf.

guess im just sad like really reallllly that i real want to . he is the nicest and best guy ever i met on dating site.

this is my reply to him sort of dumping me:

i dont know what to say. well i like you. but if you don't wanna see me anymore then what can i do.

he said he will delete yahoo messenger which is our main communication.

damn it mad at myself. he could have just ask me to delete my profile and i will delete it in a heartbeat. i mean so what if i still have my profile on?!!!!

mad at myself. i messed up real bad. damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 05:50 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Isn't the only way that he could know if you were active on POF is if he was also active on POF?

Old 01-02-2013, 06:01 PM

i know right?! so we dated 5 times then i saw him active on POF. AFTER that, he actually did not contact me for 2 weeks. so i thought he found another woman to date. then he contacts me saying he was busy. so we went out again. we ACTUALLY just got back from skiing in WI!!!! that's where we kinda said we were bf/gf on the way to WI.

he has given me soooo much. the ski trip was all paid by him. the most physical contact we had is kiss on lips once, hug, hold hands. no sex.

he has not answered my reply so maybe he did deleted his messenger.

he is i will say again and again.... the nicest and best guy ever i met on dating site by far.

im just sad. he decided to not see me again once he saw i was still on POF..rather than just ask me to delete it. i would think he is just hiding his profile so i cant see him 'active' even though he is still lurking. well if that is true then he is sneaky.

he treated me well though and very respectful.

whoops he has not deleted his messenger yet... just saw his name sign in/out of yahoo messenger just now. hope he answers my message. this is just ridiculous.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:05 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
It sounds like an excuse to me, that he was looking for a way out. You said you were bf/gf on the way there... sounds to me that he didn't enjoy the trip as much as you and as such dumped you when you got back. A ski trip with just one kiss? (Was it an overnight?) Yep, I can see why he gave you the boot. If you only kiss once on a trip after 5 dates, it sounds like not much is happening there.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:10 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinajolie View Post
i mean so what if i still have my profile on?!!!!
So what? That's WHY he ended things with you, according to you.

You could have offered to delete your profile. Maybe you still should offer.

Honestly it sounds kind of jacked up. You go out 5 times, then don't talk for 2 weeks, then go away for a weekend where you say you are BF/GF then break up?!

Just get back in touch with him again, tell him you weren't sure where you stood during those 2 weeks but that you would really like to try again.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:13 PM

well we are both shy. we actually joke how we almost have same personalities, brain waves... and i actually prefer that. he is not pressuring me to be intimate. in fact, if he perved me during our skiing trip, i would be relieved that he won't be seeing me anymore. but that's not the case.

he is very generous. he has spent a lot of money on me WITHOUT expecting anything in return! that's why i am falling for him. that's why im really sad. i've never been sad EVER on guys that stopped contacting me after we went out. even the guy i dated for 4 months! i didn't feel sad at all or at a loss.

but this guy is different. he is generous to a fault that is the most admirable trait he has that makes me sad that he dump me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
So what? That's WHY he ended things with you, according to you.

You could have offered to delete your profile. Maybe you still should offer.

Honestly it sounds kind of jacked up. You go out 5 times, then don't talk for 2 weeks, then go away for a weekend where you say you are BF/GF then break up?!

Just get back in touch with him again, tell him you weren't sure where you stood during those 2 weeks but that you would really like to try again.
that is hard for me to do. im proud which i hate. i wanna do that. but im too proud. if he answers my message i would do just that. but if he doesn't.....

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!

WE ARE TALKING AGAIN!! weeeeeeeeeeee he replied i will tell him what u said filihok see what he say.

we both deleted our profile.

Last edited by angelinajolie; 01-02-2013 at 07:07 PM..

Old 01-03-2013, 12:46 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
Quote:
ugh. met a really nice guy on dating site. and i messed it up! im sad real sad. he treated me very very well. dunno what to do. #myLOSS!

he just sent me a message that he won't be seeing me anymore.. because he saw that i was still active in POF. we kind of said we are bf/gf.

guess im just sad like really reallllly that i real want to . he is the nicest and best guy ever i met on dating site.

this is my reply to him sort of dumping me:

i dont know what to say. well i like you. but if you don't wanna see me anymore then what can i do.

he said he will delete yahoo messenger which is our main communication.

damn it mad at myself. he could have just ask me to delete my profile and i will delete it in a heartbeat. i mean so what if i still have my profile on?!!!!

mad at myself. i messed up real bad. damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I understand you being upset with yourself. Unfortunately your response to his dumping you didn't sound like someone that was really sad about this, wanted to make it right, and wanted to make this work. I think I would have told him that you care very much for him and do not want to lose this relationship. I'd further say that you will close your POF profile immediately.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I understand you being upset with yourself. Unfortunately your response to his dumping you didn't sound like someone that was really sad about this, wanted to make it right, and wanted to make this work. I think I would have told him that you care very much for him and do not want to lose this relationship. I'd further say that you will close your POF profile immediately.
We are back together. if u read my last post. i told him i deleted my profile coz he makes me happy.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:57 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,084 times
Ughhhhhhhhhhh sounds like a passive aggressive manipulative jerk in a "nice guy" disguise. Maybe money ain't a thing to him. Ever considered that?

Old 01-03-2013, 12:59 AM

681 posts, read 618,559 times
Quote:
We are back together. if u read my last post. i told him i deleted my profile coz he makes me happy.
how old are you angelina? ..i guess im not a nice guy then..i do wait if I like someone..but 5 dates and just a kiss? idk...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships