Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2013, 05:33 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Deception on this scale crosses into divorce territory, imo. I'm not saying it would be automatic, but unless everything else in the marriage was amazing, it would be over.
I am not sure why everyone thinks this man should divorce his wife. They have two other children that have done nothing and he should just leave them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 07:55 AM

837 posts, read 1,287,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I am not sure why everyone thinks this man should divorce his wife. They have two other children that have done nothing and he should just leave them?
Because she lied about something as serious as birth control. He should have left that same day or kicked her down the stairs.

I know women think they deserve to get away from everything simply because they are women. Billions of children go through their parents divorce and survive it. Besides, I'm almost sure "his" other 2 children aren't his. The one she's pregnant with surely isn't is.

I would like to see how she would react if he offered her a big sum of money to have an abortion. She would take it right away.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:39 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is unnecessary.
Not really.

From a logical viewpoint, if someone lied since the odds they've lied before rises exponentially.

But I don't advocate divorce. I don't even advocate anger.

People make mistakes.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
But I don't advocate divorce. I don't even advocate anger.
If the wife had found an innocent text message from a strange woman in her husband's mobile phone, every woman here would be saying "Leave that loser, file for divorce."

Double standards are a fascinating issue.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
Because she lied about something as serious as birth control. He should have left that same day or kicked her down the stairs.

I know women think they deserve to get away from everything simply because they are women. Billions of children go through their parents divorce and survive it. Besides, I'm almost sure "his" other 2 children aren't his. The one she's pregnant with surely isn't is.

I would like to see how she would react if he offered her a big sum of money to have an abortion. She would take it right away.
Yes, he should have kicked his pregnant wife down the stairs. The mother of his children who he has been married to for nine years.

Yes, he should have done that.

The OP has stated he does not think she cheated on him.

Every time I read one of your posts it makes me cringe. I have no idea how you were raised but I hope you never get married. If you do, maybe your wife will put you out of your misery and kick you down the stairs.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Yes, he should have kicked his pregnant wife down the stairs. The mother of his children who he has been married to for nine years.

Yes, he should have done that.

The OP has stated he does not think she cheated on him.

Every time I read one of your posts it makes me cringe. I have no idea how you were raised but I hope you never get married. If you do, maybe your wife will put you out of your misery and kick you down the stairs.
Well, if you think a person who has lied about something as birth control can be trusted, then you're very naive. She probably got off BC to get pregnant by her lover.

Why does it make you cringe? Because I'm going for the typical "Aww poor woman, she's a woman, she would never do such a thing"? She's the one at fault here in case you haven't noticed. I was raised to believe in evidence and transparency, no matter how much it costs.

I could get married, as long as there were no children and we lived in separate houses. But that won't happen, my life's too good to be destroyed like that.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:59 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,838 times
Quote:
If the wife had found an innocent text message from a strange woman in her husband's mobile phone, every woman here would be saying "Leave that loser, file for divorce."

Double standards are a fascinating issue.
Well since I'm a man I'd hardly call it a double standard...

Besides, what other people do is irrelevant. I was speaking for me, not them...

Old 01-13-2013, 11:59 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
He should have kicked her down the stairs.
Kick a pregnant woman down the stairs. That's good. (sarcasm). I guess that's one way to induce abortion or miscarriage, though.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Well, if you think a person who has lied about something as birth control can be trusted, then you're very naive. She probably got off BC to get pregnant by her lover.

Why does it make you cringe? Because I'm going for the typical "Aww poor woman, she's a woman, she would never do such a thing"? She's the one at fault here in case you haven't noticed. I was raised to believe in evidence and transparency, no matter how much it costs.

I could get married, as long as there were no children and we lived in separate houses. But that won't happen, my life's too good to be destroyed like that.
I am not naive, I have been in a marriage/relationship that lasted 16 years. It did end in divorce, not in one of us throwing the other down the stairs.

All of your posting makes me cringe. She may be at fault, but not so much as though she needs to be divorced or thrown down the stairs.

Definition of awful person? Place your picture here.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Definition of awful person? Place your picture here.
Leave that for pedophiles, murderers and capitalist thiefs. I'm none of that. Children should be wanted, not born out deception. I have 2 nephews who think I'm the coolest guy on Earth. That what matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships