Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 12:47 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,460,625 times

Advertisements

faithful?: always
remaining in a relationship that is clearly not for you?: out as soon as possible.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:50 AM

79 posts, read 96,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corngasm View Post
Lol. Oh lawdy...
Guys can be so annoying about sex.

I had an ex who would constantly b*tch and whine if we went without sex for like 4 days, which then turned me off even more and I would make him wait longer. Maybe if you stop whining about it you'll get some.
Wow, that's really mean. I'm glad you are not my girlfriend! I feel sorry for any guy who dates you, i hope you warn them ahead of time what they are getting themselves into. I would never stay with a girl who intentionally denied me sex just to hurt me. I don't care if she is the hottest girl on the planet. No way.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:55 AM

225 posts, read 344,934 times
I am certainly not a prude, but I find it offensive that faithfulness depends on someone who won't "give him" sex. First of all, this should certainly be discussed prior to formalizing a relationship. If the gf is not interested in sex, or later hits a roadblock in life that renders her unwilling to engage in sex, or just changes her feelings and views, it's not a matter of "how long do I give her."

If the relationship is incompatible, so be it. To assume that a partner "owes" the other one sex is just wrong. I was in two (very different) abusive relationships over 25 years, and have chosen to remain "asexual" for 20 years. Anyone involved with me knows and completely understands that sex is not an option.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:43 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,842,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
The bottom line is that you are describing cheating. Cheating is wrong. It is dishonest.
cheating appears to be wrong and dishonest only because society and religion has indoctrinated us into thinking so.

however, nature disagrees here.

Monogamy is all about finance - protecting the children and wife.

so it is not really natural, as observed in primitive tribes.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:52 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,842,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyCurious View Post
You're a white male expat to SE Asia with, judging by your threads, a fascination for glorifying men's power, rights over women and societal norms that perpetuate this, and justifying them with some twisted version of the "natural order".
in what way is this 'twisted'?

Nature is nature, it cannot be denied by PC idealism.

When we mess with nature, problems occur.

you are talking about glorifying male power, when exactly the same could be said about glorifying female power, by creating the indoctrination that her withholding sex (as a power play) is normal.

Quite simply this is not normal, as it goes against male animal instinct.

Why do men have the urge (when young especially) to sleep with many women - it is because their genes are telling them to.

come on, this is 101 stuff here!

Old 01-13-2013, 04:29 AM

11,378 posts, read 9,295,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
what is so wrong with remaining platonic with GF for a temporary period, getting action elsewhere, and then returning to have sex with GF when she is up for it again?
Nothing, as long as she agrees to it and when you come back you don't give her a disease.

If she doesn't go along with this type of arrangement it's dishonest. Best to just break up.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:28 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,383,529 times
Quote:
well how about it - 1 month, 6 months, 1 week?

Should a man be expected to go without sex? - and let's assume there is no medical reason either.

would it be fair for the guy to stay with the girl, but get some temporary action elsewhere to see him through the dry patch?
No, it would not be fair to stay with a girl and get your temporary action elsewhere.

What if a man wasn't giving it up for whatever reason?m Low t? Tired? Whatever the case. It would also not be fair for the woman to get temporary action.

If you can't handle the dry patch and have not met your hand as of yet, break up with her.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:30 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,383,529 times
Quote:
cheating appears to be wrong and dishonest only because society and religion has indoctrinated us into thinking so.

however, nature disagrees here.

Monogamy is all about finance - protecting the children and wife.

so it is not really natural, as observed in primitive tribes.
I would suggest you never be in a relationship with anyone, or ever get married.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:05 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,736,876 times
Faithful? How about just not being your girlfriend?

Old 01-13-2013, 06:40 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,085,984 times
OP, I can see how someone would purosefully withhold sex from you with that kind of attitude.

You either want ALL of her or NONE of her. If you don't like the frequency of sex, break up with her and find someone you are more compatible with.
Or do you just like being a whiny baby about it? I want my cake and eat it too...wahhhh, wahhhh, wahhh.

Moderator cut: post was deleted

Last edited by Keeper; 01-14-2013 at 05:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships