Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 03:31 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
well how about it - 1 month, 6 months, 1 week?

Should a man be expected to go without sex? - and let's assume there is no medical reason either.

would it be fair for the guy to stay with the girl, but get some temporary action elsewhere to see him through the dry patch?
Is this the same old "Are men entitled to sex" question, rephrased?

Old 01-14-2013, 03:35 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,620 times
Quote:
Love-wise, he will be 'monogamous' with his chosen one.

but sex wise, he may need more than one woman from time to time.

this is what I am saying.

And, it acts in accordance with human nature - so nothing wrong here right?

Sorry but in my opinion you're disgusting. Trying to give an excuse for your flandering ways. Ask your girlfriend if she would mind you boinking other females, and if she is up for an open relationship, if she is then kudos to you, if she isn't then leave this young lady alone, and go get your rocks off and find a female that believes that shyt you're spewing from your orfice.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:28 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Is this the same old "Are men entitled to sex" question, rephrased?
I wouldn't stick around with a woman who wasn't giving me enough sex, that's for damn sure! I'd break up with her rather than cheat, but there's no way i'd put up with that crap.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:31 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
I wouldn't stick around with a woman who wasn't giving me enough sex, that's for damn sure! I'd break up with her rather than cheat, but there's no way i'd put up with that crap.
Yes indeed, when they start getting stingy with it, it's time to bail.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
What if she needed to go on business-related travel for a month? For three months? What if she were chronically ill for a year or two? We don't even know what scenario the OP has in mind. What if they're in the early stage of dating, and she feels she doesn't know him well enough yet? I guess at that point, they wouldn't be exclusive yet, so they both could be seeing other people, and it wouldn't matter. I'm not sure what "cr@p" you're referring to.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:34 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,620 times
Quote:

Good for you! It's better to break up than cheat. There is no excuse to cheat, there is no excuse to leave someone in the dark and do your thing and say that it's natural. If you want to have many lovers then be open with them, don't lie! Be in an open relationship, I've heard and seen it work to a degree, but cheating is not the way to go. It's not nature's way to cheat. If people want to talk about we come from apes, then I guess you like to sleep with the same sex, because apes do that too. They have no problem mounting another man and going at it.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
The natural state for a man is to practise Polygamy, Polyamory, and it's only religion which has changed this.
If that's how you feel, tell your gf. Find one who feels the same way. This is a whole different topic.
And btw, the natural state of women is to have a number of men, too. Women seek out the most fit man to combine their genes with. For the primary caregiver, she chooses a steady, dependable guy. But to father kids, she'll go after the big and strong ones. That's how it's always worked in polyandrous societies, and that's how it's worked with certain primates. Women zoologists discovered that the female chimps were running off at night to pick up the dominant chimp's genetic material, unbeknownst to her nest-mate.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:10 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisv1220 View Post
LOL not a bad idea. But one thing is for sure, i'm definitely avoiding getting married if it's as bad as you make it sound.
And where have I made it sound "bad"? Just the fact that there are highs and lows? Have you ever actually been in a relationship for any length of time??

Old 01-14-2013, 05:35 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,610,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
And where have I made it sound "bad"? Just the fact that there are highs and lows? Have you ever actually been in a relationship for any length of time??
Preach!

These sound like the types of guys that would threaten to bail after the first argument in a relationship.

News flash, a LTR or marriage will have highs and lows. There will be slow periods where you won't end up having sex for a period of time. Sh*t happens. Either you are strong enough to deal or you are not ready for a commitment. Simple as that. No one is entitled to jack squat.

As to answer the OP, I agree with the others. Break up and find someone who is amenable to an open relationship. Just make sure you're okay with the fact she will be sleeping with other guys, because there is no such thing as a double standard in an open relationship.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:49 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Quote:
that's correct - they are a complete waste of time.

Their actions do not fit in with the order of nature.

There are lots of things humans do that don't follow the laws of nature. There's a reason for that. Following our animal instincts comes at a high cost since living this way makes life nasty, brutish and short.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships