Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 09:27 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,322,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What if someone texts you to ask if you want to join the crowd at the club, and you're in the middle of cooking dinner?
You say, "I can't. I'm in the middle of cooking dinner. "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 09:27 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,415,459 times
Quote:
What if someone texts you to ask if you want to join the crowd at the club, and you're in the middle of cooking dinner? It seems like it's really taking someone for granted to issue last-minute invitations like that. I'm not going to drop what I'm doing and rush out for some guy who can't make advance plans. I had a woman friend who did that, and I broke it off with her eventually. For other reasons as well. But I'm not much of a "spontaneous" invitation person.
Ya, the spontaneous invitation works well if you're not (or never) doing anything.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:28 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,217,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
wow..so much offense taken...there must be a lot of the types of men described in the article on this forum then.
I'm just saying you want to be disrespectful no reason and don't want anyone to call you out on it. Keep it civil and I'll do the same.

Last edited by Ro2113; 01-14-2013 at 09:36 PM..

Old 01-14-2013, 09:31 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,181,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Hanging out assumes zero risk for all parties. That's all fine and good, but if you like me romantically and all we do is 'hang out' with friends, I'm going to assume you're just a friend.

I've had a bit of Nyquil tonight because of the flu...so I'm not sure if I'm making sense.
Uh, I've hung out with girls before I dated them. 'Hanging out' is the same thing as 'talking' as dating. Similar.

Quote:
wow..so much offense taken...there must be a lot of the types of men described in the article on this forum then.
Usually the response when someone says something ridiculous.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:33 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,181,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
And then say, 'let's hang out another time.'

No, never mind, that makes zero sense.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:33 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,076,189 times
Quote:
Exactly. So if the guy was hoping to see the woman, he loses. So what does he do? Continue issuing last-minute casual invitations until he catches her at a free moment? It doesn't really work.

Hanging out works if it occurs naturally. Like if you have a group you normally get together with to just hang out. And new people join the group, friends of some of the regulars, and you get to knew the new people in the course of your regular hanging-outs. Like "mateship" in Australia (as previously described on the forum). Then, it's not even a matter of issuing an invitation. Everyone just shows up.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Exactly. So if the guy was hoping to see the woman, he loses. So what does he do? Continue issuing last-minute casual invitations until he catches her at a free moment? It doesn't really work.
Why doesn't it work? I mean, I guess if the two people never have free moments that coincide it won't work. But how would that be solved by planning in advance?

Old 01-14-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Ya, the spontaneous invitation works well if you're not (or never) doing anything.
Really! From a guy's perspective, it makes sense. But from a woman's perspective, it wouldn't work, unless the girl being invited is really needy, and willing to drop everything and rush over to wherever the guy snaps his fingers and wants her to rush to.
It's like the guy thinks the woman he's interested in doesn't mind being at his beck-and-call. It's another guy theory that doesn't work in practice.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Really! From a guy's perspective, it makes sense. But from a woman's perspective, it wouldn't work, unless the girl being invited is really needy, and willing to drop everything and rush over to wherever the guy snaps his fingers and wants her to rush to.
It's like the guy thinks the woman he's interested in doesn't mind being at his beck-and-call. It's another guy theory that doesn't work in practice.
Why must we always jump to these ridiculous extremes?

Old 01-14-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Why doesn't it work? I mean, I guess if the two people never have free moments that coincide it won't work. But how would that be solved by planning in advance?
hmm... You don't seem to have much experience planning a meeting/get-together/hangout in advance. The concept is that you ask if she's free a certain time. She can either make time for you, or she'll say, no, I'm busy that night (or "this evening", or whatever). So you offer another day/time. If she wants to see you, she may say, "I'm free on Saturday". It becomes a joint effort to find an agreeable time. If she keeps saying she's busy, and doesn't offer a time when she's free, you assume she's not interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships