Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 08:23 AM

3,918 posts, read 6,832,743 times

Advertisements

So my coworker was recently dumped by his girlfriend. I have no clue why or details about how in love they were. Yesterday he told us the following. In an attempt to acquire her back he is planning on buying 2 round trip tickets to Paris (from Chicago). One for him, one for her. He is going to put it into an envelope and mail it to her with the instructions that he will be waiting on the Pont Neuf bridge for her on a specific date and time.

Is grand gestures like this romantic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 08:27 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,691,178 times
On the face of it, no, I think that's foolish and probably a waste of money.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:28 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,730,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
So my coworker was recently dumped by his girlfriend. I have no clue why or details about how in love they were. Yesterday he told us the following. In an attempt to acquire her back he is planning on buying 2 round trip tickets to Paris (from Chicago). One for him, one for her. He is going to put it into an envelope and mail it to her with the instructions that he will be waiting on the Pont Neuf bridge for her on a specific date and time.

It would probably be if he was still in a relationship. Now that they are broken up it screams creepy.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:29 AM

218 posts, read 483,395 times
I'm not 100% sure of her reasoning for dumping him, but if it was because he never did anything romantic or forgot their long term anniversary then it might be romantic.

However, if she broke up with him because she no longer has feelings for him then this is not romantic it is stupid. If a girl already made up her mind that she isn't into you anymore, don't spend thousands of dollars trying to get her back. If she comes back you will always wonder if it is becasue she realizes that she made a mistake and loves you OR just wanted a free trip to Paris.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:30 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
Not romantic at all.

Desperate, foolish and completely clueless.

Did your friend miss the part where she DUMPED him?

Old 01-18-2013, 08:32 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,024,514 times
Quote:

Yikes, that doesn't sound like a good idea to me at all. I am missing the romance gene, though. I don't like big romantic gestures in general.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:40 AM

3,918 posts, read 6,832,743 times
I can honestly say I agree with most of you. I found it to be a bit creepy/odd. He at least has a good mind about it. He said if she doesn't show up then oh well, he is out the money.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:40 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,417,031 times
I'll send him my address instead..

Old 01-18-2013, 08:43 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,372,211 times
Quote:
He is going to put it into an envelope and mail it to her with the instructions that he will be waiting on the Pont Neuf bridge for her on a specific date and time.
And then what? If he wants to prove to her that he deserves a second chance, he doesn't have to spend thousands of dollars on the assumption that she's going to want to go through the hassle of an international flight, especially when she's the one who dumped him. He can meet her for coffee or take her out to dinner for that.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:47 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,691,178 times
The soundtrack for this endeavor:

Edith Piaf - Non, je ne regrette rien (Officiel) [Live Version] - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships