Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 11:24 PM

633 posts, read 724,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post

I don't know about him, but even if my ex-wife said a bunch of negative crap about me, it wouldn't keep me from seeing my children, they're my kids and I would make for damn sure I'd see them every week.
Yeah, I agree. I want to ask him so bad about it. Why he told me he was hurting he lost his son. It can easily be remedied by having another child. But well we supposed to be non contact for a week. I actually thought he also swore off marriage. Like George Clooney. LOL. So was surprised he is offering marriage to me. Just no kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 11:30 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinajolie View Post
Yeah, I agree. I want to ask him so bad about it. Why he told me he was hurting he lost his son. It can easily be remedied by having another child. But well we supposed to be non contact for a week. I actually thought he also swore off marriage. Like George Clooney. LOL. So was surprised he is offering marriage to me. Just no kids.
Sounds kind of like he has no backbone.

my ex-wife talks crap about me so I can't see my kids.

I refuse to marry, but OK I'll marry you, but no kids!

next thing will be OK we can have no kids but you're raising them!

He'll cave on on that too.

I could understand if he was willing to compromise, but it just seems like he just gives into things without trying to stick to his guns.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Sounds kind of like he has no backbone.

my ex-wife talks crap about me so I can't see my kids.

I refuse to marry, but OK I'll marry you, but no kids!

next thing will be OK we can have no kids but you're raising them!

He'll cave on on that too.

I could understand if he was willing to compromise, but it just seems like he just gives into things without trying to stick to his guns.
He did not say he does not want to marry ever. I just thought, he has no plans anymore. Seeing as he is still hurting 16 years after the divorce. He actually said he should have not contacted me since it says in my profile I want kids and in his it says he does not want kids. I honestly don't remember that.

Not having kids I honestly am 50/50 on that. I just am baffled at his RIGID stance. Would love to know from him myself. But in the meantime, I'll take other's POV.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:09 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,021,045 times
Quote:
According to him, he can't. He said his wife is vindictive. He said having relationship with his son now will make it worse than good because his ex will just belittle him in front of his son. Which prompts me to ask why would she do that when he has been a nice guy, so far as I know. I told him I don't get it. He said it's just how his ex wife is, so is her mom, maybe it runs in the family. He has been divorced for 16 years. He said marriage is forever and when he lost his 1st marriage it almost destroyed him and took him a LONG time to heal. His wife left him for someone who makes more money. He said he does not want to, but if 1 wants out of relationship, nothing the other can do.
Yeah? My soon to be ex would say the exact same thing over the loss of contact he's had with our child.

The truth? My soon to be ex is avoiding visiting his son because it means 1) he has to travel (600 miles), 2) his new gf can't partake in the visitation (court order), and 3) he actually has to spend time away from his gf in order to have a relationship with his son. So, our 9.5 month old has only seen his father for a grand total of 6 hours in the past 3.5 months.

You're only getting his half of the story, and his half is based on what he wants to say. Just sayin.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:42 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,873 times
Quote:
I'm not commenting on the rest of the thread but this, "Why he told me he was hurting he lost his son. It can easily be remedied by having another child" is crap.

Having another child does NOT replace the feeling of loss.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:49 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,947 times
He doesn't sound like someone I'd want to be with. I'd move on.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:31 PM

Honestly I was taken aback by this revelation on the email he sent me. The reason why I decided to back up from the relationship is coz I thought he has no plans to marry anymore. That he is just content on having LTR with me or anyone for that matter but living separately. He lives in his place, I live in my place. Now I don't get that set up.

Committed relationship for me is we either live together or we get married. Last time we talk prior to the email he sent me. I thought he want neither.

Then the email he sent me said he is willing to marry me tomorrow just I have to be certain that I won't be angry with him because he does not want to have kids no way, not at his age, his words.

I do love him though, I'm glad he is willing to marry me, the no kids stance just bothered me.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
I'm not commenting on the rest of the thread but this, "Why he told me he was hurting he lost his son. It can easily be remedied by having another child" is crap.

Having another child does NOT replace the feeling of loss.
I agree. I realized that after I post it. I guess what I just have to do is ask him why he was hurting he lost his son and maybe the root why he does not want kids anymore?

Actually I have a hunch that part of why they divorced is coz he was not happy his wife get pregnant. I plan to ask him that. Otherwise I really don't see why her ex can be vindictive to him? He is such a gentle, nice guy. Makes no sense why his ex can be vindictive when she was the one who wronged him - she left him for another guy who makes more money. If there's someone who will hold a grudge, it's him not her.

He also has specific instruction. He will not accept/expect an answer from me for at least a week. That if I decide to be with him then in Jan. 24 I have to text him if I don't then he understands that I did not agree with him not wanting kids.

He won't even let me talk to him?? About him not wanting kids?

Old 01-19-2013, 02:39 PM

708 posts, read 878,876 times
Quote:
Honestly I was taken aback by this revelation on the email he sent me. The reason why I decided to back up from the relationship is coz I thought he has no plans to marry anymore. That he is just content on having LTR with me or anyone for that matter but living separately. He lives in his place, I live in my place. Now I don't get that set up.

Committed relationship for me is we either live together or we get married. Last time we talk prior to the email he sent me. I thought he want neither.

Then the email he sent me said he is willing to marry me tomorrow just I have to be certain that I won't be angry with him because he does not want to have kids no way, not at his age, his words.

I do love him though, I'm glad he is willing to marry me, the no kids stance just bothered me.
I might have you mixed up with someone else. Did you recently break up with this guy?

Old 01-19-2013, 02:43 PM

708 posts, read 878,876 times
Okay I found your other thread. it is a bit confusing, but it sounds like you did break up and you were an official couple for 11 days?

You are thinking about marrying this same guy?

I'm quite confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships