Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 07:02 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times

Advertisements

Maybe he isn't facebook savvy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 07:30 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,783,428 times
Do yourself a favor and get away from Facebook. You will feel better.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:18 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Weird. I've been with my guy for over three years, and our FB profiles don't even have a relationship status. There isn't anyone that is my "FB friend" that doesn't know who I am involved with.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:57 PM

5,583 posts, read 6,510,564 times
Stepka, I remember when you were single and looking. I have been busy with moving and getting settled over the winter months, so I must have missed your posts about meeting someone? How and when did you meet this man, if you don't mind telling me/the CD posters if you haven't already, or repeating it if you have.

I am happy for you if this is a man you are looking at having a relationship with. :-)

Old 01-23-2013, 08:59 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
It does sound like you might have some reservations about all of this in general.
Yes and a couple of things add to those reservations, esp in light of this. One is that I have money but no land and he has land but no money. The other is that folks often mistake me for someone who is naive, so I've got my guard up a little. I just don't want to raise my guard so high that I block out potential goodness either.

VX had to laugh about stepping away from the FB--I totally agree and spend maybe 5 min/day looking at it and sometimes checking out peoples' pix. I'm nothing like a young person when it comes to using it even if I do have over 300 friends that aren't really friends.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:22 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Sure but we're not there yet and anything could happen between now and then.

Well I guess I will but wanted your all opinions first before I approach the subject with him. LIke, I want to arrange my thinking beforehand.

I think part of the reason I'm uncomfortable with this is because I have often felt rushed along in this relationship. He's already in love and was 3 months ago--I guess that's not normal but not unheard of either, esp in an older man. (65) But now this and my heels are starting to dig into the dirt--it's like whoa there!
You have been to his home? I would make sure that his status is reflecting his relationship w/ you, even if he is jumping the gun. Otherwise, could he be in a relationship without you knowing it?
And, I don't know you, but I will just add...I would never consider uprooting my teen daughter to move in w/ someone I had known only a few months. Make him move in w/ you eventually if you get to that comfort level. IMO

Last edited by JanND; 01-24-2013 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: edit text

Old 01-26-2013, 12:05 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Stepka, I remember when you were single and looking. I have been busy with moving and getting settled over the winter months, so I must have missed your posts about meeting someone? How and when did you meet this man, if you don't mind telling me/the CD posters if you haven't already, or repeating it if you have.

I am happy for you if this is a man you are looking at having a relationship with. :-)
Hey Michigan, yes I met someone OL in Sept and we hit it off pretty much right away. We have a lot in common which is unusual with me as I'm a bit um. . . eccentric maybe. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
You have been to his home? I would make sure that his status is reflecting his relationship w/ you, even if he is jumping the gun. Otherwise, could he be in a relationship without you knowing it?
And, I don't know you, but I will just add...I would never consider uprooting my teen daughter to move in w/ someone I had known only a few months. Make him move in w/ you eventually if you get to that comfort level. IMO
Yes we travel back and forth every weekend and talk on the phone for at least an hour every night. He might be able to hide a relationship from me but would probably have a hard time hiding me from her. The guess is that I'm the DP b/c he started his profile only a couple of months ago, mainly b/c of me, and I'm only one of a few FB friends.

As for living together--I never had any intention of uprooting a teenage girl--she is a sr. in high school and I told him that she will be finishing school here and then off to college and then we'll see. I figured those extra months would give me time to see if this is the right move but it's looking more and more like I'm less likely to move in, esp after the text I got tonight after I texted and told him I was out with friends. He told me not to bother to come see him this weekend and I have no idea what he's cross about. Oh wait I lie. I suspect that it bothers him that I went out with friends tonight. That will not work for me--esp as my social life is rather quiet as it is. So, looks like I may be single again.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:13 AM

3,703 posts, read 3,779,436 times
We love to slip and slide on ice. Of course these ingeniousness people would have you thinking elsewis!>! !!!!>!

Old 01-26-2013, 04:43 AM

192 posts, read 382,168 times
instead of asking him, you ran to your laptop and came here to ask the "experts"

lol, yeah, you've got a great thing going for you

Old 01-26-2013, 04:52 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,076,266 times
Red flag. Red flag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships