Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 07:38 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,831,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortoverweightguy View Post
Wow, are you the one for being positive! Yes, I know it's an excuse to put off exercise till it's warm. But I'll hold off on doing crunches in the snow without clothes on...don't suggest running barefoot everyday on an iced over frozen pond as I might fall in but I know what you're driving at.

I'm out of shape enough that I worry that I might have a heart attack if I try to do too much so I just concentrate on walking although I know it doesn't burn that many calories. Had a treadmill once but gave it away as a friend who injured herself needed one to rehabilitate.
If I wasn't positive, then hot women wouldn't adore me.

And I love being adored by hot women.

Walking is a great start. Who cares how many calories you burn. Ease your way into a normal workout. You don't have to crush a treadmill and bench 500 pounds tomorrow. Walk a mile every single day rain, sleet, snow, apocalypse. Do that for a whole month. Then for the next whole month, walk 1.25 miles every single day. Keep stepping it up every 30 days. While you do that, you'll feel ready begin a weight lifting routine or some other form of exercise.

And getting in shape doesn't mean hitting a gym and being a steroid user. Play basketball, go golfing, play tennis, walk up stairs instead of taking an elevator. Anything you can do to be more active will help.

Most importantly, make sure you be real about your diet. Don't consume artery clogging, nasty ass stuff. Eat meats and vegetables. Drink lots of water. Eat oatmeal for breakfast. Drink coconut water. Drink 2% milk instead of whole milk. Eat a candy bar only once a week, not once a day. No fruit juices, only fresh fruits.

Food is fuel for your body and your mind. Trust me, you'll feel 100000000x better when you take care of yourself health-wise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 07:39 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Rough.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:39 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
I couldn't get past the fact that you said, "I'm raising that child...."

Before that I felt a little sorry for you, after that, I stopped reading and felt like you were an azz.

When I think of my children I think of my son or my daughter or our son or daughter orwhatever their name is, not that child.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:40 PM

37 posts, read 39,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Absolutely wrong motivation. I'm not absolutely sure of this, but I think these 12 step programs tell people NOT to date other people in the program.

Based on knowing people who went to Weight Watchers vs. OA, I would say OA is much more effective. Of course, it also requires more work (especially of the inner variety). I admit my sample size is small...so just my opinion based on people I know...with Weight Watchers there is less commitment and the weight always seems to come back on those folks (at least the people I know of).
Yes, probably right...not allowed to date others in the program but of course I'd probably be attracted to some women there anyway. Oh well...so hard to meet up with women in real life when you're a single Dad as they have multiple meet up groups for single moms here but NONE for single dads. One or two single parent groups but those have meetups about every other month. And I'm not about to hit on some woman in a supermarket as that seems like the act of a desperate guy. I don't do bars as it's not my thing.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:43 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
OP, why not lose weight (try a low-carb, high protein diet like Protein Power (developed by 2 MD's). You'd be surprised how well it works) and be a short, buff guy? Get free weights so you can exercise at home; they're cheap.
There are plenty of women who like short guys, if they're fun and have confidence.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I couldn't get past the fact that you said, "I'm raising that child...."

Before that I felt a little sorry for you, after that, I stopped reading and felt like you were an azz.

When I think of my children I think of my son or my daughter or our son or daughter orwhatever their name is, not that child.
I'm not going to say my daughter's name and she is the MOST IMPORTANT PERSON in my life. I would die for her. Her needs come first before mine. I have made sure she has been able to try and do everything she has wanted and will want. You do that when you love someone unconditionally.

Sorry you came to another conclusion! I hope you can see otherwise.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:49 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
I'm not going to say my daughter's name and she is the MOST IMPORTANT PERSON in my life. I would die for her. Her needs come first before mine. I have made sure she has been able to try and do everything she has wanted and will want. You do that when you love someone unconditionally.

Sorry you came to another conclusion! I hope you can see otherwise.
Well that is wonderful. A bit more personable when you say, "my daughter."

Old 01-31-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
If I wasn't positive, then hot women wouldn't adore me.

And I love being adored by hot women.

Walking is a great start. Who cares how many calories you burn. Ease your way into a normal workout. You don't have to crush a treadmill and bench 500 pounds tomorrow. Walk a mile every single day rain, sleet, snow, apocalypse. Do that for a whole month. Then for the next whole month, walk 1.25 miles every single day. Keep stepping it up every 30 days. While you do that, you'll feel ready begin a weight lifting routine or some other form of exercise.

And getting in shape doesn't mean hitting a gym and being a steroid user. Play basketball, go golfing, play tennis, walk up stairs instead of taking an elevator. Anything you can do to be more active will help.

Most importantly, make sure you be real about your diet. Don't consume artery clogging, nasty ass stuff. Eat meats and vegetables. Drink lots of water. Eat oatmeal for breakfast. Drink coconut water. Drink 2% milk instead of whole milk. Eat a candy bar only once a week, not once a day. No fruit juices, only fresh fruits.

Food is fuel for your body and your mind. Trust me, you'll feel 100000000x better when you take care of yourself health-wise.
Yes, I know garbage in/garbage out or, in the case of fat, it stays in. I'm drinking flavored water, two pouches of oatmeal, lowfat milk, no candy bars, and staying with the fresh fruits too. Meat is usually lowfat white chicken cubes in a salad or white turkey in lettuce and tomato. I don't like yogurt or seafood so that's out. I just have Special K cereal once in awhile and steamed vegetables. On a rare occasion, I'll have turkey burger or, horror of horrors, a hot dog without the bun.

I have a FitBit that tracks my walking, stairclimbing, and tells me (approximately) how many calories it thinks I've burned and it's a motivator as I think that I will take the stairs as it's being counted or park way out in the parking lot. I manage about two miles a day of walking. About 6000 steps on average.
Of course, when the weather is bad, it's a lot less.

Thanks for all your good thoughts.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:56 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
I've always observed that those who have a positive outlook when it comes to love are the most successful. You sound jaded, which is unfortunate.

You can lose weight, grow a foot, and get a fat raise, but it's not going make you trust women or your own judgment. Work on your mental fitness as much (even more) as your physical.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:01 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,831,744 times
Quote:
Yes, I know garbage in/garbage out or, in the case of fat, it stays in. I'm drinking flavored water, two pouches of oatmeal, lowfat milk, no candy bars, and staying with the fresh fruits too. Meat is usually lowfat white chicken cubes in a salad or white turkey in lettuce and tomato. I don't like yogurt or seafood so that's out. I just have Special K cereal once in awhile and steamed vegetables. On a rare occasion, I'll have turkey burger or, horror of horrors, a hot dog without the bun.

I have a FitBit that tracks my walking, stairclimbing, and tells me (approximately) how many calories it thinks I've burned and it's a motivator as I think that I will take the stairs as it's being counted or park way out in the parking lot. I manage about two miles a day of walking. About 6000 steps on average.
Of course, when the weather is bad, it's a lot less.

Thanks for all your good thoughts.
Good stuff man. It looks like you are doing more to help yourself than you give yourself credit for. Dieting can be very difficult but it's definitely worth it. It's alright to cheat with the hot dog, everyone does it.

And the step tracker is also very good. Instead of focusing on the mileage, focus on the steps. Work your way up as high as you can and you'll be surprised how active you can really be.

Wish you the best and let me know if you need some of my awesomeness as I'm always a giving person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships