Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 01:29 PM

49 posts, read 35,872 times

Advertisements

I find I look down on people who go to bars/clubs.

They somehow think this makes them "better". when in reality the only reason bars/clubs have such a place in our culture is because the pop culture media says so (which everybody must know, surely).

Bars/clubs should be banned, ideally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 01:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
I enjoy going to nice cocktail lounges, or seeing a good band at a bar. I've never thought it made me 'better' than anyone though...

Banning them is a little ridiculous...just because you don't like going doesn't mean you should ban them for the rest of us that like having a nice cocktail after work.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I enjoy going to nice cocktail lounges, or seeing a good band at a bar. I've never thought it made me 'better' than anyone though...
ha! Your opinion cannot be projected to the many.
Quote:
Banning them is a little ridiculous...just because you don't like going doesn't mean you should ban them for the rest of us that like having a nice cocktail after work.
So kindly expound on the usefulness they serve and the utility they provide.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:49 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmanformumbaifem View Post
ha! Your opinion cannot be projected to the many.
And neither can yours.

Quote:

So kindly expound on the usefulness they serve and the utility they provide.
Usefulness? I enjoy going there with friends to relax after work, I've gone on dates at bars/lounges because it's a relaxed atmosphere and quite good for getting to know a person. I enjoy going to real cocktail bars where they make custom drinks because I like the taste of the drinks and the originality of the bartenders. They're a great central meeting location for friends so we can have a quick drink while waiting for the group to materialize and we leave to go do other activities.

As someone who has played in bands, bars and clubs often make excellent venues for playing.

Anything else?

Old 02-03-2013, 01:57 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,013,799 times
Quote:

Agree.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:14 PM

182 posts, read 186,800 times
w/o barz all peeps wud be singing alone

Old 02-03-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
And neither can yours.
ha. lol.. It's people who go to bars who believe they're the cream since they're executing a "cool" activity. they also fail to realise that it's merely a concept invented by pop culture and the media, not some ancient or supreme insight or wisdom.

Quote:
Usefulness? I enjoy going there with friends to relax after work, I've gone on dates at bars/lounges because it's a relaxed atmosphere and quite good for getting to know a person. I enjoy going to real cocktail bars where they make custom drinks because I like the taste of the drinks and the originality of the bartenders. They're a great central meeting location for friends so we can have a quick drink while waiting for the group to materialize and we leave to go do other activities.

As someone who has played in bands, bars and clubs often make excellent venues for playing.

Anything else?
Lots of places exist in which you can hang out with friends. And?

Old 02-03-2013, 02:17 PM

494 posts, read 1,610,454 times
While I don't like going to them either, I don't think they should be banned either. People enjoy them, so let people have fun with them if they want to.

I do think what the OP was kinda getting at is that theirs a lot of societal pressure to go drink and clubbing/bar hopping if you want to have a good time and meet people. In someways this is true, there is a lot of pressure to do so, but doesn't mean you have to do so. You can meet people outside bars/clubs just fine and you can find interesting things to do that don't involve drinking too.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:18 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmanformumbaifem View Post
I find I look down on people who go to bars/clubs.

They somehow think this makes them "better". when in reality the only reason bars/clubs have such a place in our culture is because the pop culture media says so (which everybody must know, surely).

Bars/clubs should be banned, ideally.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareththebboy View Post
w/o barz all peeps wud be singing alone
lol.. Can you actually converse in Standard English?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships