Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 05:30 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Took the dog to the groomer and had my new furniture delivered. My husband went to pick him up. When he gets home the work will begin and I'm dreading it!!! He was allowed on the old furniture (and we did keep a chair for him) but he is NOT allowed on the new stuff.

Whoever said dogs were easier than kids never had kids. I announced "NO shoes, food or sweat on the new furniture" and they complied. I'm not thinking that Finn will say "okay mom!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Oh, agree, dogs take a bit of patience to train, but love them just about the same.
Dogs are perpetual 2 year olds, they will never grow up & leave the house, they will always need to be cared for, everything centers around them, and odds are you will out live your dog.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:52 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Dogs are perpetual 2 year olds, they will never grow up & leave the house, they will always need to be cared for, everything centers around them, and odds are you will out live your dog.
You must be a patient man...you have 3 two year olds! lol

Old 06-14-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
You must be a patient man...you have 3 two year olds! lol
Not always, they can make you a blithering idiot worse than kids because they don't understand you.
It goes like this lately:
"Let's go potty! C'mon let's go! (snap, snap). Don't lay there and look at me like that. We've doing this sh*t for two years! It's the same thing every night! Oh, now want to drink a gallon of water? Greaaat! You pee on the carpet it's your ass."

Old 06-14-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Not always, they can make you a blithering idiot worse than kids because they don't understand you.
It goes like this lately:
"Let's go potty! C'mon let's go! (snap, snap). Don't lay there and look at me like that. We've doing this sh*t for two years! It's the same thing every night! Oh, now want to drink a gallon of water? Greaaat! You pee on the carpet it's your ass."
LMAO...see...you need a fenced in yard and a bell. Solves that problem.

He walks over, rings the bell. I open the door and close it but not let it latch. When he comes back he just pushes the door open and since it's on a spring hinge, it closes itself. Easy Peasy.

I'm lazy...I will always find the easy way out of these things.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:10 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Except that you can leave your dog in a kennal for a few hours, whereas a child that would be a huge NOPE!

Old 06-14-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
LMAO...see...you need a fenced in yard and a bell. Solves that problem.

He walks over, rings the bell. I open the door and close it but not let it latch. When he comes back he just pushes the door open and since it's on a spring hinge, it closes itself. Easy Peasy.

I'm lazy...I will always find the easy way out of these things.
Sold the fenced in yard and the house that sat on it. It's not so bad since they are old and don't do much. A little corrective leash training and he's back in order. They laid around the yard 22 hours out of a day, now they lay in a condo 22 hours out of a day.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Sold the fenced in yard and the house that sat on it. It's not so bad since they are old and don't do much. A little corrective leash training and he's back in order. They laid around the yard 22 hours out of a day, now they lay in a condo 22 hours out of a day.
Yeah...if I didn't have a husband I wouldn't have a yard. I'm not fond of maintaining outdoor space...it's too much work but he likes that kind of stuff.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Yeah...if I didn't have a husband I wouldn't have a yard. I'm not fond of maintaining outdoor space...it's too much work but he likes that kind of stuff.
The extension of my yard work was mowing. The back yard was strictly for the dogs and the only reason we had a front yard it because it was attached to the back.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
The extension of my yard work was mowing. The back yard was strictly for the dogs and the only reason we had a front yard it because it was attached to the back.
Hold on, I need to get my calendar out. We agree on something

Old 06-14-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Hold on, I need to get my calendar out. We agree on something
Hence the reason we don't live in a house anymore.
You should post a naked picture of yourself to see if anyone is lurking here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships