Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 08:52 AM

551 posts, read 1,121,390 times

Advertisements

I tend to talk to girls that look at me in the eyes as we are about to pass each other because that is like an automatic go for me. I have nice brown eyes (get complemented on them most of the time) im 6 feet, athletic build and well dressed.

So for you women out there should I just go for the girls that give me that eye contact or try to get those that just walk passed me like I dont exist? I feel whenever a girl gives me that good look I should talk to them and avoid those that dont pay me any mind.

I know some girls put up fronts but I dont feel right If they dont pay me mind in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 09:15 AM

78 posts, read 136,131 times
You shouldn't be waiting for a woman to make eye contact in the first place. Approach women who you like whether they look at you or not.

See what you want and take it. Be aggressive and know you're the sh1t.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:23 AM

823 posts, read 1,973,726 times
Sure, go for it. Next time a girl does it you can scream: WHAT YOU LOOKING AT!!!

Old 02-09-2013, 09:52 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Why would you only approach women who give you eye contact? Sometimes we just don't happen to be looking in your direction to actually give you eye contact...that does not automatically mean that we would have absolutely no interest you.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:55 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,346 times
Brief eye contact followed by a smile is usualy a green light to approach, but as someone already said, you shouldnt limit yourself to women who do this. Approach any woman you find attractive, regardless of her noticing you or not.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:57 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Just talk to anyone who interests you. Personally I find it amusing that so many guys wait for signs or eye contact. I usually don't make eye contact or talk to anyone unless I have a reason to, I don't care how good looking you are. So just make a move what's the worst that will happen, a no? At least you can rule it out! Just be friendly and break the ice with a non threatening topic. The last time I was approached I was at a bar and I was watching a game. A guy came up and asked if I was rooting for a certain team. We had a nice friendly conversation. That's what works. I'm not single but that type approach would be acceptable even I wasn't interested. If I was I would be encouraging. Good luck!

Old 02-09-2013, 09:59 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
FWIW, I'm shy, so I never made eye contact with men I was attracted to regardless of whether they were looking my way/checking me out or not. (That doesn't mean I don't see them though. )

Old 02-09-2013, 10:00 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Just talk to anyone who interests you. Personally I find it amusing that so many guys wait for signs or eye contact. I usually don't make eye contact or talk to anyone unless I have a reason to, I don't care how good looking you are. So just make a move what's the worst that will happen, a no? At least you can rule it out! Just be friendly and break the ice with a non threatening topic. The last time I was approached I was at a bar and I was watching a game. A guy came up and asked if I was rooting for a certain team. We had a nice friendly conversation. That's what works. I'm not single but that type approach would be acceptable even I wasn't interested. If I was I would be encouraging. Good luck!
What she said.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:06 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
eye contact is a bit boring, to get really noticed, try filling a squirt gun with wine, and hit her right in the face

quite the ice breaker

Old 02-09-2013, 10:08 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
FWIW, I'm shy, so I never made eye contact with men I was attracted to regardless of whether they were looking my way/checking me out or not. (That doesn't mean I don't see them though. )
Yeah, same here. I'm not necessarily shy but I'm probably what you would call reserved around people I don't know. I will sometimes talk to a stranger if there's a reason but I mostly go about my business. I notice people for sure but I'm not going to make ridiculous googly eyes at them to get attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships