Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 04:04 PM

41 posts, read 42,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
geez dude, physical attraction is what has populated the human race. sexual attraction is normal human behavior. if it was otherwise, we would be saying stuff like "damn, she gives great personality, who cares if she is hot" instead of stuff like "What she does look like... [response:] um, she has a nice personality"
Then how do you explain so many hot guys marry fat&ugly girls?
Definitely not for their looks. Which means personality DOES mean something (or at least it should).

And hey I'm not saying sexual attraction isn't important.
I mean hell, I myself would rather date this guy:
Moderator cut: image removed

Than this one: (no offense)
Moderator cut: image removed

BUT! if guy no 1 lets say would of treated me like s**t, cheated on me with every girl in the area, had 0 interest in what I had to say, and we would of had NOTHING in common. Then sorry, as hot as he is I'd have to pass.
And if guy no 2 would of treated me like a princess, loved the same things I do, and was able to have a good conversation, then yea I'd give him a shot.

See what I'm saying?
Sexual attraction is of course important.It's PART of a relationship. But it shouldn't be ALL.

Last edited by Marka; 01-10-2014 at 12:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 04:09 PM

333 posts, read 311,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
I am not easily manipulated. I am distrustful in general and have good instincts about people. Probably because of the way I grew up. I can spot these types of guys a mile away.
Same here. I am naturally repulsed by manipulative women because I just don't like being used.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenEleven View Post
Same here. I am naturally repulsed by manipulative women because I just don't like being used.
Who does?
The thing is, there are the "obvious" amateur manipulators. It's easy to see through their game.
But there are also those that are so good at it, that you don't realize you've been manipulated until your deep in their trap.
That the definition of a "manipulator" btw.
Do you think I WANTED to be used?

Old 02-09-2013, 04:17 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,017,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardasice View Post
Then how do you explain so many hot guys marry fat&ugly girls?
Maybe its me, but I dont see that often or don't see it as the norm from my perspective. However, I have seen it in marriages where wife has let herself go after kids and husband hits the gym regularly for whatever reasons. Just my observations.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:20 PM

333 posts, read 311,145 times
Quote:
Who does?
The thing is, there are the "obvious" amateur manipulators. It's easy to see through their game.
But there are also those that are so good at it, that you don't realize you've been manipulated until your deep in their trap.
I have pretty good radar for those too. Not saying it could never happen, but for the most part they won't get very far with me.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
Maybe its me, but I dont see that often or don't see it the norm from my perspective. However, I have seen it in marriages where wife has let herself go after kids and husband hits the gym regularly for whatever reasons. Just my observations.
Maybe not the norm but I know quite a lot of couples like that (some married, some in a relationship)
And I'm talking about the wife/woman being ugly BEFORE the kids and the whole getting used to having a family and everything...
And I have to admit the husbands aren't as hot as the guy in the first pic above but definitely good looking.
What do you see then? pretty wife& handsome husband? pretty wife& ugly husband? ugly wife&ugly husband?

Hope I'm not annoying with all of this,,,
It might seem like I'm arguing but in reality all what you people write gives me hope that "there ARE good guys out there." "some guys DO care about your personality!" and mostly "not ALL guys are a**holes!!!"
Phew...maybe there's still hope for humanity after all

Old 02-09-2013, 04:26 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,404,672 times
Quote:
Who does?
No, but you said that you get used for your looks A LOT. But it has happened very little or never to me and other posters. I do not believe this is entirely because of "luck." Maybe you are fishing in the wrong pond - where do you meet men? Maybe you are too trusting? Or picking the wrong guys? Who knows? I just don't see it merely as being "unlucky."

Old 02-09-2013, 04:36 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,017,647 times
Quote:
What do you see then? pretty wife& handsome husband? pretty wife& ugly husband? ugly wife&ugly husband?
Too many variations and exceptions really, but what I have observed is that attractive women do want to be with attractive men. However, what defines attractive men includes more than physical beauty.

For example, I don't have classic adonis chiseled looks, but don't have a problem meeting/connecting with good looking younger women because of other factors I have. From my online dating profile I get comments like cute, very handsome, etc based on my profile pics, but those pics have me doing various activities where I look like I do cool and fun things, which kicks up the attraction level.

But really, I don't worry about who other people are dating or in a relationship with. I recognize that everyone likes something different. So I tend to focus on who I am involved with, or want to be involved with. Because at the end of the day, it's all about enjoying your private time with your SO, not whether ppl are going to accept the two of us for being together.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
No, but you said that you get used for your looks A LOT. But it has happened very little or never to me and other posters. I do not believe this is entirely because of "luck." Maybe you are fishing in the wrong pond - where do you meet men? Maybe you are too trusting? Or picking the wrong guys? Who knows? I just don't see it merely as being "unlucky."
Well as I've mentioned, luck can be a lot of things.
I do believe that my location has something to do with this, most people here are selfish and shallow...so it could be that I'm trying to find a goldfish in a Piranha pond lol so it's a little bit tricky.
And I don't even have a choice in the matter.
I'm dying to leave this place, but can't any time soon.
And long distance relationships never work (ok, not NEVER...happy?!)
I don't know if it's a matter of "too trusting" but I'm at least giving them a shot.
I mean it's not a problem for me quickly get rid of guys that are OBVIOUSLY no good, but it's also not good to not even try (then I'm gonna be blamed for not trying...and then they're gonna say "you didn't even give him a chance! he could of been a great guy!") so yeah, I give them a chance. Just to find out they weren't worth it.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:44 PM

19,975 posts, read 30,329,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I will say though that being pretty does have its advantages. I cringe at this now but I did use my looks to get what I wanted early in life. I do regret it now though.
you used your looks for advantages??? shame on you!!!

im being sarcastic...if i were a woman,,, I'd do the same..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships