Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 05:10 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,907,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardasice View Post
Then how do you explain so many hot guys marry fat&ugly girls?
Definitely not for their looks. Which means personality DOES mean something (or at least it should).

And hey I'm not saying sexual attraction isn't important.
I mean hell, I myself would rather date this guy:

Than this one: (no offense)

BUT! if guy no 1 lets say would of treated me like s**t, cheated on me with every girl in the area, had 0 interest in what I had to say, and we would of had NOTHING in common. Then sorry, as hot as he is I'd have to pass.
And if guy no 2 would of treated me like a princess, loved the same things I do, and was able to have a good conversation, then yea I'd give him a shot.

See what I'm saying?
Sexual attraction is of course important.It's PART of a relationship. But it shouldn't be ALL.
Agreed. You know what's funny? I have met many of the #2 guys who were jerks on top of being ugly and all I could think was "I hope they like being alone". Yet for some reason so many guys think they can be ugly and nasty and still get the choices the hot men do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 05:15 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,488,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This simply isn't true. It sounds like she was cherry-picking examples that supported her thesis. Plenty of very attractive women use their looks to play as many men as they can. It's an ego-trip.
But wouldn't "playing" men be consistent with the finding that especially attractive women often have fewer sexual partners? It seems to me the ego trip would be rooted in her ability to keep men clinging to her despite denying them sex.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:19 PM

289 posts, read 397,168 times
Quote:
This simply isn't true. It sounds like she was cherry-picking examples that supported her thesis. Plenty of very attractive women use their looks to play as many men as they can. It's an ego-trip.
I'm a bit confused Ruth as it seems like your agreeing with the studies conclusions. The more attractive women are able to string guys along, and get them to do things for them, for long periods without ever having to have sex with the guy unless they want to. Is that what you mean by women who use their looks to play as many men as possible?

Old 02-09-2013, 05:23 PM

102,255 posts, read 108,199,089 times
Do you guys know what a "player" is? Someone who uses people for sex, someone who's promiscuous, collecting as many "conquests" as possible. That's what I meant by highly attractive women "playing" men.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:31 PM

19,972 posts, read 30,288,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
Maybe its me, but I dont see that often or don't see it as the norm from my perspective. However, I have seen it in marriages where wife has let herself go after kids and husband hits the gym regularly for whatever reasons. Just my observations.
good point....i've seen this too

Old 02-09-2013, 06:10 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,174,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardasice View Post
I disagree.
Even though attractive women get to be picky, it doesn't change the fact that usually (and I'm talking from experience and observation) men want the attractive women ONLY for their looks (AKA their body).
I'm actually amazed by how many ugly (excuse the expression) women have nice boyfriends.
Because those men choose to see beyond physical beauty.
And then you see many attractive women who are lonely and single, and many are being used for sex.
What I'm trying to say is that when a man is with an ugly women, you know he's with her because he loves the PERSON she is. As a HUMAN BEING.
When a man is with an attractive woman, most chances (not always) are that he is interested in her as A PIECE OF MEAT. For sexual pleasure only.
I happen to agree with you. This has been my experience...

Old 02-09-2013, 06:53 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,488,864 times
Quote:
Do you guys know what a "player" is? Someone who uses people for sex, someone who's promiscuous, collecting as many "conquests" as possible. That's what I meant by highly attractive women "playing" men.
I do know what a player is. But even unattractive women can get men to at least have sex with them. Most men will pretty much have sex any women who offers herself. There is no "conquest" to be made.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:55 PM

868 posts, read 1,123,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Women judge based on looks too but it would get so frustrating knowing a guy didn't even care about anything except my looks.
Looks are irrelevant to me. They fade.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:00 PM

102,255 posts, read 108,199,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I do know what a player is. But even unattractive women can get men to at least have sex with them. Most men will pretty much have sex any women who offers herself. There is no "conquest" to be made.
Not true at all. Guys are very picky and won't even allow conversation if the woman doesn't appeal to them. Some women do brag about how quickly they can get a guy into bed, or how many guys they can bed.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:01 PM

868 posts, read 1,123,387 times
Unless he's wealthy, an ugly man is doomed. Let's stop pretending otherwise. Male / female "ugly" is very different. Few women are truly ugly, but male hormones enhance male ugliness. Plus, if the guy is shy due to being endlessly teased for his appearance, forget it. If he has good insurance that will cover therapy + plastic surgery maybe there's salvation, but otherwise the guy may as well put a bullet in his head and be done with it, if he cannot deal with eternal singledom. Let's stop sugar coating it, beating around the issue and let's stop blaming people for being naturally superficial. It's human nature.

Facts of life in the USA 2013. You must be either or:

- Wealthy or at least independently middle class
- Hot/cute
- Have a strong/powerful personality, although you need to be either rich in looks or money to truly justify that.

Those are the facts. "Bring something to the table" or eat on the floor with the other lepers of eternal singledom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships