Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 06:10 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,401,431 times

Advertisements

My recent crush had a big nose and I never notice it. I was too busy being happy that he was next to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 06:11 PM

102,225 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Whatever works for you. But when you're intimate, your bodies are intertwined, your lips are locked, and your facial features are touching, in addition to the up close visual inspection. Attraction is a also a lot more physical and visual for men, and more emotional for women, and I'm not willing to part diminish my normal testosterone levels to change that processing.
I'm not sure how this relates to the OP. The OP is a guy asking women if having a big nose matters. I'm not sure how your testosterone levels are relevant.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:08 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,384,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm not sure how this relates to the OP. The OP is a guy asking women if having a big nose matters. I'm not sure how your testosterone levels are relevant.
If you followed the movement of the thread, then you would see how it is relevant. The OP asked if a woman would date a man with a big nose. People threw in their two cents. Naturally, the topic veers toward ethnicity and plastic surgery, just as the topic of basing attraction on weight works itself over to "get a gym membership." You mentioned you didn't date noses, and you and other women on here gave the sappy and possibly dishonest answer that personality dominated. If the big nose looks right on the guy, they will date him. If it looks geeky, they won't. I said that you are entitled to let the personality argument dominate, as other women have said. I then indicated that I can't re-engineer my DNA to understand what you, or other women, might think, through my testosterone reference. I am going by what I see with those who wear big noses, for whom most women then ask "gladiator or geek?" before they invest in knowing the guy's personality. That's reality. When will political correctness go away?

Old 02-11-2013, 07:38 PM

333 posts, read 310,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, back in the old days they would say that all the answers to this question were a waste of bandwidth. Why? Because the answer is the same as practically any other answer to any other question posed on this board .......

For some women it matters, for others it doesn't! LOL

Last edited by SevenEleven; 02-11-2013 at 07:47 PM..

Old 02-11-2013, 08:16 PM

1,458 posts, read 2,660,269 times
The idea that so many people get their noses (and breasts) done that seeing the "original" versions is unpleasant is... very specific to a few major metropolitan area.

SoCal, Dallas, and some of NY. That's it.

A nose (or other body part) would have to be pretty freaking huge to be a "dealbreaker."

Old 02-12-2013, 03:17 AM

61,764 posts, read 87,217,162 times
Are we done with OP question?
Please stay ON topic, otherwise this thread will be closed.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:48 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,313,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Adult women in Italy do NOT like Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise. They like men who look more like men, and not guys stuck in their frat boy years.
The adult Italian woman that I...met...this summer had this to say via FaceBook:

ME: [Adult Italian Woman], help me settle a bet. Do you think that Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise are attractive?
ADULT ITALIAN WOMAN: Both very attractive, they are like the ones I used to have as boyfriends!

Thus, your claim has been shown false

Old 12-11-2013, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,486 times
Default Yes

Yes, I would. I think large noses are very handsome. I like pointy, hook- noses and Romanesque noses. I think they are very attractive. To me, it's masculine, but I think it's the whole person that matters. We all have things we prefer. For instance, I find really intelligent men attractive. I like tall men - really thin or hefty. It doesn't matter, but what makes a man - really - is his personality. I like a caustic wit, someone who is well spoken, confident and someone intellectually curious. So, a man could have the most amazingly shaped nose, but if he isn't confident or we don't mesh, then it really wouldn't matter. So, don't worry about your nose. Take time to find out who you are and develop that. Women ( and people in general) like people who know who they are. So whether your shy or outspoken, critical or kind - know who you are.

Old 12-11-2013, 12:37 PM

1,523 posts, read 3,902,478 times
I have honestly never thought about this, so I think it is safe to say it is not big deal at all.

Old 12-11-2013, 12:42 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,701,816 times
If a man has great personality, some women won't want to lose that just because of a nose. For some women, appearance is high in priority list and they would reject a guy just because a nose. Their loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships