Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 09:24 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,506 times

Advertisements

For those who are interested in actual enlightenment rather than derailing (such as the above poster's repeated attempts), the blogs and links I've provided all have the sources cited therein.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 10:44 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I think the whole thing is just a front to get women back into the kitchen and out of the workforce where women feel trapped to remain in less than healthy relationships.
Perhaps just the opposite! Getting men into the kitchen (they're better cooks than women anyway!) and away from their high-stress jobs, and let the stronger sex (it's a fact, women are stronger than men!) bring home the bacon! And truffles! And flowers!

Old 02-27-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
What the hell is a male rights activist? I have been a male for 30+ years and even I have never heard of this.

I think somebody is just trying to stir the pot? Bored?
This is old, old stuff, just being belatedly resurrected! I was an ascriber to the Male Liberation Movement way, way back when it first appeared, in the 70's, reading a hot seller back then called: The Hazards Of Being A Male! There was also a book on Men's Liberation!

I ascribe myself to being a Men's Libber, and I annoy a number of women today, shouting out the words: That's a sexist comment!

Just used that a month ago at work, when some woman wanted me to replace a 5-gallon water jub in the break room, saying: That's a man's job! There I went: Sexist comment! Sexist comment! And? I absolutely refused to do it! And she stewed about it all night long! Or, to be snarky, I'll say: Women are stronger than men, why are you asking the weaker sex to do that job!!

Sheesh! I've seen many a woman, over the years, replace that 5 gallon jug, easier than I could have done it!!!

And, working in a nursing home like I do, what more proof do it need to reinforce my thinking, when I see female aides working double shifts (back-breaking work!), 80 hours a week! The male aides, who generally refuse to do double shifts, how do they view these wonder women? And envy!!!

Old 02-27-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Another thing a lot of people don't think about when talking about "men's rights" is employment discrimination. While living in Kentucky, I honestly believe that I was discriminated against in the banking industry because I was a male and almost every bank I went into interview was all women. I think this happens for a lot of jobs that are seen as women's work such as admin assistants and banking positions. That is something I'd hope a MRA would want to address.
No difference in the home care agencies, mostly staffed by women/females. I did home care for 7 years!

The agency states: we can't discriminate, by law! A male or female home patient is expected to accept whoever they send over to that house, male or female!

So, you have an 85YO woman who doesn't want a male aide taking care of her, I understand that, but she insists on a female and a female aide will be found!

Now, now! An 85YO man (perhaps he hates women!) doesn't want a female aide attending to him. And what will the agency say: By law, we can't discriminate! You must accept who we send out to you! Or: we have no male aides!

Or, they'll give the male aides the heavier, obese patients for heavier lifting, transferring. And if you could see what I've seen working in a nursing home for 11 years, what some these Amazon women can accomplish, one sighting of this and you'll think: OMG! I hope never to meet up with this woman in a dark alley some night! Or: How many times has she beaten up her husband!!!

Come to Las Vegas sometime, start at one end of the Strip and go to the other end, peek around, keep a tally:

Mini-skirted, bosomy coctail waitresses: 1,000
GQ model type coctail waiters: 0

As if! As if there aren't women who come to Vegas who would be delighted to have a coctail served by a hot, hunky man!

Last edited by tijlover; 02-28-2013 at 12:29 AM.. Reason: Add lines

Old 02-28-2013, 02:52 PM

223 posts, read 207,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
For those who are interested in actual enlightenment rather than derailing (such as the above poster's repeated attempts), the blogs and links I've provided all have the sources cited therein.
You sound like a scientologist.

They can produce blogs and links too, supporting their belief that the world is inhabited by thetans that came from a spaceship crashing into a volcano, thousands of years ago.

Doesn't make it true.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:27 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,099,782 times
Quote:
Because to be honest with you, I just don't see it
Then you're not being honest, especially with yourself.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:34 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,379,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
No difference in the home care agencies, mostly staffed by women/females. I did home care for 7 years!

The agency states: we can't discriminate, by law! A male or female home patient is expected to accept whoever they send over to that house, male or female!

So, you have an 85YO woman who doesn't want a male aide taking care of her, I understand that, but she insists on a female and a female aide will be found!

Now, now! An 85YO man (perhaps he hates women!) doesn't want a female aide attending to him. And what will the agency say: By law, we can't discriminate! You must accept who we send out to you! Or: we have no male aides!

Or, they'll give the male aides the heavier, obese patients for heavier lifting, transferring. And if you could see what I've seen working in a nursing home for 11 years, what some these Amazon women can accomplish, one sighting of this and you'll think: OMG! I hope never to meet up with this woman in a dark alley some night! Or: How many times has she beaten up her husband!!!

Come to Las Vegas sometime, start at one end of the Strip and go to the other end, peek around, keep a tally:

Mini-skirted, bosomy coctail waitresses: 1,000
GQ model type coctail waiters: 0

As if! As if there aren't women who come to Vegas who would be delighted to have a coctail served by a hot, hunky man!
Good perspective on the discrimination you encounter on your job.

On a side note, I would fully support any mens' movement to increase the percentage of hot, hunky waiters in Vegas. Where do I sign my support? I would also be happy to help organize a picket line of hot, hunky waiters. It is unjust that there are not more hot, hunky waiters. I do get tired of all the bosomy waitresses.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post

On a side note, I would fully support any mens' movement to increase the percentage of hot, hunky waiters in Vegas. Where do I sign my support? I would also be happy to help organize a picket line of hot, hunky waiters. It is unjust that there are not more hot, hunky waiters. I do get tired of all the bosomy waitresses.
Let's not forget the Lesbians who come to Vegas, who feel like they've gone to heaven!

The Gay men who come here?

One of the biggest miconceptions of Las Vegas is what a liberal city it is! Underneath the glitz you'll discover an ultra-conservative populace, backward thinking, very old-fashioned!

It hasn't registered yet with this city: we're 13 years into the 21st Century! Men's Libbers, where art thou!!

Old 03-02-2013, 06:00 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post

It's funny, because where I used to live we had a 'bikini bar' near the beach who had nearly all females in string bikinis serving drinks. After a while, they added in a few really good looking shirtless men in swim trunks and the guys FLIPPED THE EFF OUT. They raised soooo many complaints about how they didn't want their wives/girlfriends ogling these men and that they were offended at the thought of having a topless male serve them booze.

But, it was perfectly ok for the men to ogle the women in bikinis and their wives/girlfriends be served by them...that was fine.

They ended up shutting down and turning into a boring old bar, but still..I wonder if it would be the same in Vegas? That men would complain about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships