Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 07:15 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times

Advertisements

For Valentine's Day I usually defer to my wife. It has never been that big of a deal to me. I kind of see it as her day and just pretty much let her pick what she wants to do. This year she asked if I would be willing to join her for a cycle class at our gym. I couldn't think of a better way to show my love for her than to join her as she asked. If this is a day that has somehow come to symbolize love and dedication, then there couldn't be a better way for me to demonstrate that other than showing my support for her weight loss efforts.

For an overweight person, losing weight can be a monumental challenge, but once he or she gets a little momentum, sees a little progress, or notices a little improvement, it becomes that much easier to keep at it. If they have a close loved one in their corner, that's even better. My wife has been working her tail off lately, and always enjoys it when the opportunity for me to join her for a work out presents itself.

I also appreciate her non-conventional way of approaching the day. She didn't ask for much, just my company for a workout. I am fortunate to have such an awesome wife, and to be in a position to support her in her efforts to improve herself. I've worked out with her before, but something about it being Valentine's Day today made it a little more special.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 07:31 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I also appreciate her non-conventional way of approaching the day. She didn't ask for much, just my company for a workout. I am fortunate to have such an awesome wife, and to be in a position to support her in her efforts to improve herself. I've worked out with her before, but something about it being Valentine's Day today made it a little more special.
This is the kind of relationship I want.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:33 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You want an awesome wife?

Old 02-14-2013, 07:36 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
You want an awesome wife?
nooooooooo hehe silly

Old 02-14-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I'm sure you will. Just be patient; and at the same time be able to recognize opportunity when it presents itself. It'll probably land in your lap when you least expect it. That's how it was when my wife and I met. I grabbed ahold and ran with it!

Old 02-14-2013, 07:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
For Valentine's Day I usually defer to my wife. It has never been that big of a deal to me. I kind of see it as her day and just pretty much let her pick what she wants to do. This year she asked if I would be willing to join her for a cycle class at our gym. I couldn't think of a better way to show my love for her than to join her as she asked. If this is a day that has somehow come to symbolize love and dedication, then there couldn't be a better way for me to demonstrate that other than showing my support for her weight loss efforts.

For an overweight person, losing weight can be a monumental challenge, but once he or she gets a little momentum, sees a little progress, or notices a little improvement, it becomes that much easier to keep at it. If they have a close loved one in their corner, that's even better. My wife has been working her tail off lately, and always enjoys it when the opportunity for me to join her for a work out presents itself.

I give your wife props it is effen hard. Your a good man for being supportive.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:52 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,042,615 times
I'm so unbelievably cynical, I immediately wondered where your wife stores your balls.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:58 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
I'm so unbelievably cynical, I immediately wondered where your wife stores your balls.
It's actually nice. When your old like me and stilll single you might change your tune.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:02 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Awesome! I feel like I've been kneed repeatedly in the crotch by the time spin class is over. I do not know how anybody enjoys that. But I think it's great that you and your wife are enjoying something healthy and uplifting together.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Awesome! I feel like I've been kneed repeatedly in the crotch by the time spin class is over. I do not know how anybody enjoys that. But I think it's great that you and your wife are enjoying something healthy and uplifting together.
Yeah, I don't like the cycles either, I'm more of an endurance runner myself. I'd rather be on a trail winding through the woods up and down hills. But the cycle class is actually really good for me right now, especially. Last September I had knee surgery, scoped a meniscus and repaired a slight fray in my MCL. The rehab process has been a lot harder than I thought it would be, partially because I've never had to come back from an injury/surgery like that. Which is a good thing, really. Since my surgery, I've only run a few times, beginning in December (still wasn't ready at that point) and gradually building back up. Good momentum this past week, and the cycle class actually helps me work out residual soreness, rebuilds strength and endurance, and is no-impact for my knee.

So it really was win-win. I got to support my wife and help myself regain what I had lost after my surgery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships