Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 03:32 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times

Advertisements

So my gf and I went out recently and she "casually" brought up kids and how she would like to have some a couple in a few years. I tried to let her do most of the talking and think I did a pretty good job of deflecting, but when she brought up that she wanted a boy and a girl I tried to explain it is a bad idea to have a boy in America. I don't think I was successful though. I thought girls usually wanted girls, not boys, so I'm not sure how to convince her otherwise. I explained to her that girls will be subsidized and thereby an easier life in the USA, but she said she wants the experience of raising both; this seems selfish to me.

Is it common for girls to want boy babies? How can I convince her that it is better to have girls than boys?

Old 02-16-2013, 03:45 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
its not like picking out flooring,,,you get what you get, and feel blessed about it,,

i think you have some maturing to do.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:47 AM

326 posts, read 478,587 times

I'm ready

Old 02-16-2013, 03:48 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
So my gf and I went out recently and she "casually" brought up kids and how she would like to have some a couple in a few years. I tried to let her do most of the talking and think I did a pretty good job of deflecting, but when she brought up that she wanted a boy and a girl I tried to explain it is a bad idea to have a boy in America. I don't think I was successful though. I thought girls usually wanted girls, not boys, so I'm not sure how to convince her otherwise. I explained to her that girls will be subsidized and thereby an easier life in the USA, but she said she wants the experience of raising both; this seems selfish to me.

Is it common for girls to want boy babies? How can I convince her that it is better to have girls than boys?

First of all you don't get to choose!!

I have a son and I'm so glad I prefer a boy to a girl although I was just happy my baby was healthy. If i was going to have another kid i would prefer another boy.........My friend is expecting and she's having a boy she says she's over the moon as she wanted a boy and not a girl.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:51 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi000 View Post

I'm ready
lol

Old 02-16-2013, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
its not like picking out flooring,,,you get what you get, and feel blessed about it,,

i think you have some maturing to do.
Maybe, but so does she. Technology has advanced enough that you can choose the gender of your baby. Of course, unplanned pregnancies can still happen but that is why we have multiple forms of bc.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:08 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,748 times
Quote:
Maybe, but so does she. Technology has advanced enough that you can choose the gender of your baby. Of course, unplanned pregnancies can still happen but that is why we have multiple forms of bc.
^^^^^^this is crazy!! What you have baby boy or girl you should be happy with! If your even thinking about choosing which gender you have meaning killing the baby if its a boy then you shouldn't be allowed to have children it's sick!!!

Do yo know how many MATURE, kind and loving adults there are who would do anything for a baby regardless of its sex? I feel sorry for the child you have as you are clearing not quite right in the head!!

Old 02-16-2013, 04:09 AM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Huh???

Old 02-16-2013, 04:13 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Huh???
Had to leave that alone, monitoring to see how things develop.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
^^^^^^this is crazy!! What you have baby boy or girl you should be happy with! If your even thinking about choosing which gender you have meaning killing the baby if its a boy then you shouldn't be allowed to have children it's sick!!!

Do yo know how many MATURE, kind and loving adults there are who would do anything for a baby regardless of its sex? I feel sorry for the child you have as you are clearing not quite right in the head!!
I'm not talking about killing a baby. I'm talking about something like this --> Can we choose a baby's sex? If we can choose, why not choose a girl?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships