Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 03:23 PM

513 posts, read 897,371 times

Advertisements

honestly i would get your wife to setup a meet between the 4 of you. have a couple drinks and then talk about it. IF you all are comfortable, then do it. but i get the vibe that you are not comfortable with this, so in that case you should not stand for it.

Ask your wife how she would feel if your best friend asked you to have a 3some with him and his wife(no male contact). Or if she would be willing to let Sara come into your bed with the 2 of you. If she honestly would not care about either, then SHE may be into the lifestyle. Well that or things are much worse between you than you think. the question is, where do you stand. These things only work if all parties are 100% into it, you cannot force someone to do it and think "they'll get over it".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 04:31 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,093,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1969 View Post
A bit of background. My wife (I'll call her Ashley, for this posting, not her real name) and I have been married several years. To say we are best friends is an understatement. We have a great partnership and still find ourselves keeping it fun even though we both have extremely hectic schedules.

Ashley recently began running again after rehabbing from an injury. (She's a distance runner). One of her co workers who is also into running and Ashley began running together after work. Ashley and (let's call her, Sara) already got along well at work and we've all gone out to happy hours, etc (when spouses are invited) so I've met her on a few occasions.

Recently, I've noticed a trend in which Ashley has started sharing stories about how (she jokes about it) she and Sara have become work wives. More than once Sara has commented on Ashley's body (which is very nice) and made borderline sexual references. They always laugh them off.

This has been going on for months now and every week or so, Ashley tells me about the latest funny thing to happen at work. She laughs, I laugh and the topic changes to other things that happened in our days.

However, yesterday, she was telling me about her day when she said, "Sara wants me to have a threesome with her and her husband.". Needless to say, I was a bit shocked, though my reaction was to laugh. I asked her what happened and she told me. Sure enough, that's what happened. Unfortunately, a major distraction came up and the conversation had to end there.

Now, the next day...I find myself wondering wtf? Generally, we can talk about anything together. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't think twice about bringing this up again, but this isn't a normal topic.

Should I just ignore this and assume she was just sharing something that happened in her day? Or should I prepare that this topic might be coming up again?
At face value, I get a bad feeling about this entire scenario. Your wife is in an exploration mode, Sara is a bad influence, and you are clueless. This is going to end in a mess if you don't get your sh1t together quickly.

You have to bring it up again. Silence is a yes. Only a no means no. You give the vibe this is something you are not comfortable with. It isn't that tough to bring back up...all it takes is "honey, remember how you told me about the threesome Sara invited you to be a part of...I am not comfortbale with it and cannot accept you if you do it" or something to that effect.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:35 PM

350 posts, read 383,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
At face value, I get a bad feeling about this entire scenario. Your wife is in an exploration mode, Sara is a bad influence, and you are clueless. This is going to end in a mess if you don't get your sh1t together quickly.

You have to bring it up again. Silence is a yes. Only a no means no. You give the vibe this is something you are not comfortable with. It isn't that tough to bring back up...all it takes is "honey, remember how you told me about the threesome Sara invited you to be a part of...I am not comfortbale with it and cannot accept you if you do it" or something to that effect.
A nice reminder of what a good marriage they have and that things like that tend to destroy marriages would also be in order. Maybe even telling her how hurt he would be if anything happened? I would also think that he needs to ask her to to pull herself away from her amorous friend Sara since it sounds like she's floating a trial balloon.

But then again, we haven't figured out yet if he's going to be hurt, if he wants to participate or if he wants to watch.

Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice for the new millennium?

Old 02-26-2013, 04:40 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
That's what I picked up on early. Most men don't need to think at all how they feel about their wife having sex with others. The lack of immediate opposition tells me he finds the idea erotic and arousing. He's just not sure if he wants to make it a reality.

Cam, just give her the green light. You know you want it. Sara's dude will appreciate it. Think how much he will enjoy doing your woman. Maybe he'll buy you a beer. Or maybe you'll buy him one. And the best part is, once it goes there it certainly won't end there. Just think of all the different men and women that will be getting it on with your wife, and all the nights you will be sitting at home thinking about what she's doing at that moment. Ok, moment of truth. If you're getting an erection now you have your answer...

Then comes the harsh ending: "I love you but not in love with you anymore", equaling the eventual end of this marriage.

Once "they" start the path towards the dark side the momentum towards that increases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships