Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 10:55 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times

Advertisements

Met this woman off POF and exchanged numbers so we can talk on the phone. So she sends me a message on POF at 11:35pm asking do I want to chat on the phone and i said sure and for her to give me 5 mins.

So I called at 11:56pm and once we starting talking I found out she is a sports fan and love Classic TV sitcoms like I do. So she was saying she was only going to talk for 5 mins because she had to go to sleep to go to work. Then I asked myself........."why the hell did she tell me to call her if she knew she was going to bed at 12?

So once I found out she was into TV and sports i said this to her in a silly way but I wasn't serious.

"Wait a minute, you like the Jeffersons, Different Strokes, and watching sports? I;m sorry we have to chat for a while because you are very rare so let's act like tomorrow is Sunday instead of Monday"

Before i had a chance to say I was kidding she said......"You are not going to bully me I have to go to sleep and can't talk any longer" I was like HUH?

So after I said Good Night and hung the phone I deleted her number because I couldn't believe someone can be that dumb and not know i was only be silly.

Now do you see why it's important to talk on the phone? LOL To get a FEEL for the personality to determine if you want to meet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 11:02 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Met this woman off POF and exchanged numbers so we can talk on the phone. So she sends me a message on POF at 11:35pm asking do I want to chat on the phone and i said sure and for her to give me 5 mins.

So I called at 11:56pm and once we starting talking I found out she is a sports fan and love Classic TV sitcoms like I do. So she was saying she was only going to talk for 5 mins because she had to go to sleep to go to work. Then I asked myself........."why the hell did she tell me to call her if she knew she was going to bed at 12?

So once I found out she was into TV and sports i said this to her in a silly way but I wasn't serious.

"Wait a minute, you like the Jeffersons, Different Strokes, and watching sports? I;m sorry we have to chat for a while because you are very rare so let's act like tomorrow is Sunday instead of Monday"

Before i had a chance to say I was kidding she said......"You are not going to bully me I have to go to sleep and can't talk any longer" I was like HUH?

So after I said Good Night and hung the phone I deleted her number because I couldn't believe someone can be that dumb and not know i was only be silly.

Now do you see why it's important to talk on the phone? LOL To get a FEEL for the personality to determine if you want to meet.
well you took 20 minutes instead of 5 minutes, so you lost time to talk to her since she has to work in the morning and needed to go to sleep.

She doesn't even know you, and you said something that offended her. I don't blame her for that.

Seems rather selfish to me.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:03 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,446,284 times
What did you expect from someone who watches Different Strokes? A sense of humor?

Old 03-11-2013, 11:07 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
This is the definition of a lady who dodged a bullet...

Old 03-11-2013, 11:07 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,140,454 times
I couldn't be with a woman with no sense of humor. I hadn't ever heard it so I ran it by my SO last night.

Q: Why can't Hellen Keller drive a car?
A: Because she's a woman.

That's at least gets a head shake and a smile out of her. I don't get all bent out of shape about man jokes either....there has to be some humor.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:11 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
What did you expect from someone who watches Different Strokes? A sense of humor?
Watch ya talking about Wilis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
well you took 20 minutes instead of 5 minutes, so you lost time to talk to her since she has to work in the morning and needed to go to sleep.

She doesn't even know you, and you said something that offended her. I don't blame her for that.

Seems rather selfish to me.

Because when someone asked to chat on the phone at 11:35pm I'm thinking they will be up for a while which is the norm if someone ask to chat around that time. Not ask knowing they are going to bed in 20 mins.

21,154 posts, read 19,736,448 times
Look at it this way: you'll be able to watch old sitcoms and sports without someone nagging you.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Watch ya talking about Wilis?

i heard her still saying something and I just hung up because i was so tuned off LOL

It really was no more rap, she said she had to go to bed and I said good night and then she feels the need to say something else.

Her termination letter was mailed this morning LMAO

Old 03-11-2013, 11:17 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,322 times
Can't you just find a few friends and post this on twitter, instead? It would spare us all your Neanderthal grasp on the English language.:-) :-) :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships