Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 10:39 AM

8 posts, read 16,448 times

Advertisements

I've never had a boyfriend and I don't go out so how am I suppose to meet someone? I don't do online dating and I suffer from anxiety. Men always stare at me when I'm out, but they never approach is it because I give off an aloof vibe. Not trying to be conceited but I think I'm very attractive and I have a nice body, but I also have low self esteem. Is that even possible. Do people wonder why an attractive person is single. Do you think there is something wrong with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 11:06 AM

947 posts, read 1,187,095 times
Practice on social situations, get a little confident in yourself, and go for the guy you like. I know it's hard, but you can do it.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:12 AM

354 posts, read 517,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisyy View Post
I've never had a boyfriend and I don't go out so how am I suppose to meet someone? I don't do online dating and I suffer from anxiety. Men always stare at me when I'm out, but they never approach is it because I give off an aloof vibe. Not trying to be conceited but I think I'm very attractive and I have a nice body, but I also have low self esteem. Is that even possible. Do people wonder why an attractive person is single. Do you think there is something wrong with them.
You sound just like me my whole life especially this - Do people wonder why an attractive person is single. Do you think there is something wrong with them. LOLololol..

You most likely are giving off an aloof vibe. PLUS the anxiety. What solved my prob is that at age 38 I just felt a void in my life and decided to try online dating- which I intentionally avoided coz I'm 1 of those people that thinks ALL people online are criminals of some sort.

Then I found out I'm hot commodity to date. So if you really think you're attractive then the only way to meet people is thru online. At least it also is for me since I also was a hermit.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:21 AM

469 posts, read 567,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisyy View Post
work on the basics first, holding a conversation and approaching others/being approached. Take it from there step by step and you'll work towards having a boyfriend/Significant Other. Remember these things don't happen over night, they take years of progress and work. You're going to make mistakes along the way but thats alright, things happen and just pick up the pieces from there. Being quirky isn't always a bad thing. Just give it a try even though it may make you feel awkward. My theory is: "You never know until you try."

Old 03-10-2013, 03:19 PM

80 posts, read 87,330 times
You sound just like me. Although I've tried online AND in real life, nothing has worked for me. So I've given up. I have accepted that there IS no one out there for me.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:39 PM

469 posts, read 566,763 times
It's a good idea to try online dating all you need to write is you're just interested in making friends and see what life may bring and post a picture. It'd be a good idea to message men you don't find attractive and build friendship you will build your self esteem and give yourself a ego boost. Be honest with guys that you are trying to make friends don't lead them only to crush their hopes later. Don't give out your number just because they are nice only give your number to men you want to get to know better. Good luck and be safe

Old 03-10-2013, 03:40 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,083 times
Very possible to have low self esteem and I think very common, when you are good looking. It sounds like your looks are not the problem, it is your anxiety. Do you go to school or work where there are a lot of men around? Sometimes it is helpful to know people in a different way rather than just jumping into a dating a stranger. Or you could go online, you could email people who write you and eventually meet someone for coffee, this will build your confidence and help with your anxiety. Small steps. And no, you are not doomed to be alone. We all have a destiny and a hand in how that plays out. Good luck pretty girl.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:49 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Eh. It'll happen. You're young and you're an attractive girl by your own words, so it's only a matter of time.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:00 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trell B View Post
You sound just like me. Although I've tried online AND in real life, nothing has worked for me. So I've given up. I have accepted that there IS no one out there for me.
Same here...

Old 03-10-2013, 05:22 PM

8 posts, read 16,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msvalentine View Post
You sound just like me my whole life especially this - Do people wonder why an attractive person is single. Do you think there is something wrong with them. LOLololol..

You most likely are giving off an aloof vibe. PLUS the anxiety. What solved my prob is that at age 38 I just felt a void in my life and decided to try online dating- which I intentionally avoided coz I'm 1 of those people that thinks ALL people online are criminals of some sort.

Then I found out I'm hot commodity to date. So if you really think you're attractive then the only way to meet people is thru online. At least it also is for me since I also was a hermit.
Yeah I'm scared to put myself out there and I don't really want to do online dating. I don't want my picture out there for people to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships