Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 04:26 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times

Advertisements

Seriously though, I used to be just like the OP. My first instinct when I see someone attractive is to immediately pull an ostrich and bury my head in the sand. Correcting this instinct and approaching as many attractive women as possible has been a priority for me these past few months. Hopefully it'll become second nature at some point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 04:51 AM

301 posts, read 329,273 times
ROFL. I am not so attractive but I have friends who are very attractive girls, and who, as I thought, had no problems to go out on a date. Recently I found out they had this kind of problem but had no clue what caused it. Well I had such an assumption that guys simply are afraid to fail but HEY! WTF? If all of you will abandon those women just because they look good, our world will collapse. There are many gorgeous girls who are great characters and are down to earth, so you may actually be missing a lot.
It seems like it's not beneficial to be attractive anymore lol

Old 03-17-2013, 12:04 PM

14 posts, read 17,711 times
OP has zero confidence and seemingly believes he should be available for purchase at the dollar store.

Bro, get some confidence and make your other bros proud!

Old 03-17-2013, 03:17 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times
I want hot, wholesome and practical.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I want hot, wholesome and practical.
Lasagna?

Old 03-17-2013, 03:29 PM

968 posts, read 1,138,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn311601 View Post
It's usually the other way around, women avoid me. I agree with the other guys, the odds of success are astronomically low, what's the point in even trying? Why take the punishment for nothing?
Truth be told, they probably thank you for it. You'd just be guy #40 who tried to put the make on them that day. Problem is the 7+ guys walk away/off assuming they don't have a chance. It's that fugly -5 mofo that thinks he's God's gift to women that keeps trying.

She busts a gut laughing after slapping him and rolling her eyes.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:30 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Lasagna?
Think jeans, **** kickers, no make up, those few extra pounds with a non-princess and non social climber attitude.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Think jeans, **** kickers, no make up, those few extra pounds with a non-princess and non social climber attitude.
Ah I see, that's your type? Yeah, I can appreciate a girl next door kind of look as well. Obviously dislike that social climber mentality, so many of the Chinese girls I dated back home were just looking to upgrade their socio-economic status. Girls here in SF aren't like that, thank goodness.

My type is redhead or brunette, black boots, tattoos, lots of eyeliner, goth kind of look, and into dorky interests.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:42 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
Sometimes attractive women are not worth the effort. Other times they don't have their heads in the clouds and behave just like any other women. Walking away from a conversation with an attractive woman is foolish, until you find out what kind of a person she is...

Old 03-17-2013, 05:09 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
If I see a woman that is very attractive, I just turn and walk the other way. I figure theres no sense in trying when the odds of success are so low. Any other guys do the same thing?
I don't give her that much acknowledgement. I don't know if I turn around and avoid a hot woman any more. I see her and go on with my business if I am really busy or I have a lot going on. However, there have been cases when I have been talking to women, regardless of attraction level, lately.

I usually go by the vibe. There are hot women that have that "don't bother" vibe and then there are the women who are more approachable. I tend to go for the more approachable types.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships