Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 12:36 PM

482 posts, read 798,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
I think blacks are safer in Europe then here in the U.S. Why? Because America locks up more of it's own citizens (large % of them blacks) then any other country in the world. There is also more freedom and less work in Europe.

Welcome to Incarceration America | Sadhbh Walshe | Society | guardian.co.uk
What does jail have anything to do with Europe, and traveling? I am saying black people should not be so damn gun ho on going to Europe. Why not travel other beautiful tropical countries, where they are welcome, and the weather is nice.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:38 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,603,075 times
Quote:
I respectfully disagree with you. The reason why African American women are single is mostly because:

1. A large number of black men are financially ineligible to marry black women
2. A large number of black men are incarcerated
3. African American women exercise poor judgment in selecting sexual partners so they're often left single
4. African American women have the highest rates of being overweight or obese compared to other groups in the U.S. so they loose out on eligible black men simply because they refuse to take care of themselves.
I agree with 1-3. I don't think 4 is that big of a problem. Overweight black women still find black men to date. I am thin and that doesn't make eligible black men magically appear out of nowhere. lol From what I've witnessed, black women who don't expect much from their partners will always find men. Black women who have higher standards may have difficulty finding men in their community to meet those standards.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:42 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie1234 View Post
I'm a black woman who recently started traveling a lot. I've met so many black American women while traveling who appear to be in great relationships with their husbands but the kicker is, they all reside overseas.

Rarely do I meet young married black women in the states.
Not to go off topic, but another solution for African Americans is to embrace polygamy. Polygamy existed all over Africa as an aspect of culture or/and religion.

This, to me, is the only viable solution and it could be easily done even in the States. You figure, one man can earn 70k, and if he finds 3-4 women who make 30k (+or-), the combined household income could be 170K, or more. They could all easily live in one house, share responsibilities, and nobody would be single.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:45 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Far too many black women in the U.S. have internalized the negative messages and actually believe that they are unworthy of solid/long term commitments and marriage.
Not to mention, many of them often communicate it as being undesirable because their mothers and mother's before them did not have long term commitments or marriage.

I feel that a lot of times we imitate our parents and what we see around us and if we don't see good marriages or things for us to emulate and if we aren't strong enough and innovative enough within ourselves to branch out and do something different from what we see, we end up sticking with what we know believing it's all we are capable of.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:46 PM

408 posts, read 607,282 times
Quote:
Not to go off topic, but another solution for African Americans is to embrace polygamy. Polygamy existed all over Africa as an aspect of culture or/and religion.

This, to me, is the only viable solution and it could be easily done even in the States. You figure, one man can earn 70k, and if he finds 3-4 women who make 30k (+or-), the combined household income could be 170K, or more. They could all easily live in one house, share responsibilities, and nobody would be single.
Polygamy already exists in the states, but it's only embraced by white inbreeds who've ruined it's viability for the rest of us. Oh well.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFTIMAGE View Post
The only countries which may be as accepting and colorblind as the U.S. in Europe are France, the UK, the Netherlands and Germany in that order. That being said, I think a black AMERICAN woman would be a huge hit in any cosmopolitan European city. Euros aren't racists, per se, they're status-ists though. And black American women are essentially the Queens of all black women in the eyes of European men. Richer, smarter, sexier & more commanding than their counterparts.
+1^

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFTIMAGE View Post
I mean, Beyonce is black for god's sake. There would be a line-up of handsome European gentlemen waiting to court any black American woman who set foot on their land.
That's because she's light skinned. Light skinned blacks tend to be treated better and are extended more privileges.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:51 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,375 times
Quote:

Embracing polygamy? Why? Why can't they just marry other races as well? I don't think that's the only viable solution at all.

Was this one of those "Modest Proposals"?

Also, who said every woman and man wanted to be in a relationship? Some really don't and I feel the quicker they come to terms with that and stop trying to follow the prescribed formula of "every woman must have a man" we'd deal with this more women in the world than men issue very quickly.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:51 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,603,075 times
Quote:

No thanks.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I agree with 1-3. I don't think 4 is that big of a problem. Overweight black women still find black men to date. I am thin and that doesn't make eligible black men magically appear out of nowhere. lol From what I've witnessed, black women who don't expect much from their partners will always find men. Black women who have higher standards may have difficulty finding men in their community to meet those standards.
I see your point. Yes. A woman can get a man, and have sex, regardless of her situation. But, we're taking about attracting decent, upwardly mobile, black men.

Sorry, the only thing overweight black women are only going to attract is poor/broke guys looking to have quick sex and not much more.

Black guys who are decent, and have money, are going after the good looking American black women such as Draya Michele, or they're going to date outside their race like Taye Diggs. Just look around.... What successful black man in the public eye is married to an overweight black woman?

Old 03-21-2013, 01:02 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,671,059 times
Quote:
+1^

That's because she's light skinned. Light skinned blacks tend to be treated better and are extended more privileges.
Light skinned yes, but she also has a banging body and pretty face. An obese woman with her exact skin tone wouldn't fair well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships