Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 01:10 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,603,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
I see your point. Yes. A woman can get a man, and have sex, regardless of her situation. But, we're taking about attracting decent, upwardly mobile, black men.

Sorry, the only thing overweight black women are only going to attract is poor/broke guys looking to have quick sex and not much more.

Black guys who are decent, and have money, are going after the good looking American black women such as Draya Michele, or they're going to date outside their race like Taye Diggs. Just look around.... What successful black man in the public eye is married to an overweight black woman?
The problem is that there isn't exactly an abundance of these successful black men anyway, so even if more black women were in shape, they'd still have trouble finding eligible black men.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:18 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
I think blacks are safer in Europe then here in the U.S. Why? Because America locks up more of it's own citizens (large % of them blacks) then any other country in the world. There is also more freedom and less work in Europe.

Welcome to Incarceration America | Sadhbh Walshe | Society | guardian.co.uk
I know...it still baffles me how I escaped that. Do you know how much crap I've gotten into? I should be in jail like 3 times over by now...

Cops are either very unobservant, or else very lackadaisical.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:29 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
Embracing polygamy? Why? I don't think that's the only viable solution at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
No thanks.
Many women are apart of a man's harem/concubine anyway. For example, pro athletes, or successful business men, have different women who may or may not know about each other.

Might as well make best of the situation and pull everybody together for the sake of the children.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:40 PM

408 posts, read 607,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
I know...it still baffles me how I escaped that. Do you know how much crap I've gotten into? I should be in jail like 3 times over by now...

Cops are either very unobservant, or else very lackadaisical.
Just turn yourself in, so the bigots of CD can rest easy.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:43 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
The problem is that there isn't exactly an abundance of these successful black men anyway, so even if more black women were in shape, they'd still have trouble finding eligible black men.
As I said, even though it's not for YOU, multiple black women could live with 1 successful black man just as how it's done in Saudi Arabia. Problem solved.

If every woman wants their own personal, rich, prince charming.... Well, count on being single for a long time because it's just not possible for every man to be successful.

Last edited by calicali01; 03-21-2013 at 02:18 PM..

Old 03-21-2013, 01:45 PM

31,011 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
I have Black American friends who moved to Europe, and became married to European men within 6 months of being there. All currently reside in Europe. I have one friend who went to Europe on a vacation, and came back to the states engaged to a European man. Your post is comical. Also, many Black women are thin. Petite and thin, and tall and thin. I come from an entire family of small women. You have no awareness of the profound global presence of Black women. Your lack of awareness renders you ignorant. The 'black women are fat' stereotype is elementary at this point.
"and became married to European men within 6 months of being there."
That is very odd as marriage rates in Europe and the US are plumenting. I think small examples in Europe and other places are amplified in our vision. And of course we in the US are worse than everywhere else on every issue in the world.

"The 'black women are fat' stereotype is elementary at this point"
Considering there are entire countries filled with extremely thin women in Africa this never made much sense to me. Same with the Big Butt thing. On the other hand if all I watched were Rap videos I would think that 95% of black women had big poppin butts...Stereotype fails

Old 03-21-2013, 01:47 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,686,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I don't think the chance is that good. Most people I know from Europe are not interested in dating black girls, especially not one from a foreign country. You always hear stories, but there are black women who find great guys in America too. Those women you mention are not the typical black woman who hardly ever travel. It's not the same as traveling to Europe to find love.

There might be one advantage. In some European countries there are fewer black people. Hence you will stand out more. But there are some disadvantages too. Europeans are more biased against fat girls, and many black women are fat. Also, it is generally harder for women than for black men in Europe. In general European men prefer white or sometimes asian. European women prefer white or sometimes black.

Also, don't believe Europe is less racist than America. Absolutely not true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
It may be cringe-worthy, but it is the truth. The overweight+ rates among black american women is something ridiculous like 70%.
wouldn't know i'm not fat.. and i live in a fat city where everyone is fat (minus the east asians) ...

Old 03-21-2013, 01:52 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,686,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural City Gal View Post
Just because you live in a different part of Europe, and you only hang with certain people does not mean what she said is untrue.And Europe is not the only country black women are running too.Don't flatter yourself,honey.There are only a very teeny tiny small selection of black are running to Europe in the first place, that wants that pink penis. A good portion of black women that travel go over to predominately black countries, with beautiful black men,good food, and warm weather.
*falls over*
*Dead*
*unalive*
*do not resuscitate*

Old 03-21-2013, 02:19 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,671,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
wouldn't know i'm not fat.. and i live in a fat city where everyone is fat (minus the east asians) ...
Have you ever tried reading? You don't have to be fat to learn new things.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:32 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,282,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InNeedOfAdvice View Post
As a black woman, I have to agree with this statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
It's strange because people tend to think of the U.S. as a racial utopia, but this country is so race focussed. I do agree that black women who travel overseas tend to have far better relationships than in the U.S. I have a a black female friend who married a very successful Scottish Entrepreneur. They reside in Whales.

Far too many black women in the U.S. have internalized the negative messages and actually believe that they are unworthy of solid/long term commitments and marriage.
I disagree that black women believe it. The problem is black women fall in love with poor quality black men. The amount of black men that are incarcerated is ridiculous. Being a black male, and seeing my own father go to jail, hits right at home for me. When you add teen mother to the equation, it's only harder for black women.

It's not that black women aren't desired, it's just there's less quality black men to go around. Many black women want to marry a black man, just as a white woman usually wants to marry a white man. When you have less quality to sift from within your own race, you have to start venturing outside of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships