Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 11:05 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,313,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dprince18 View Post
It's all good, women love to rationalize and when they see their actions spelled out in a logical way, they baulk.
This is certainly true of men as well.
People are generally quite bad at thinking logically

Quote:
Anyways, the reason I brought it up is because it's a weird situation. He is older and she KNOWS he likes her. She isn't curious as to where his interest is, she knows. I'm just saying, be insightful when the OP asks her out and and try and sniff out where her intentions are.
Pretty sure the OP said that she was older.

And both of them should be old enough to be past the "I know he/she likes me" stage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 11:11 AM

165 posts, read 274,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
This is certainly true of men as well.
People are generally quite bad at thinking logically

Pretty sure the OP said that she was older.

And both of them should be old enough to be past the "I know he/she likes me" stage.

Whoops, missed that. She's been in the game then, she knows how to play her cards. If she's 43 and still looking fine, he's got a shark on his hands.

Let's be honest, relationships and courting aren't as cut and dry as you're trying to make it out to be. She knows she's got the power here. She knows he likes her. If she isn't that interested, she can still parlay it into whatever she wants if the OP doesn't see it coming. That's my point.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:27 AM

39,253 posts, read 27,655,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post

I have experience in dating a co-worker at my last job and it turned out to be a complete nightmare so I'm thinking I should learn from my mistakes and let this go since this is a great job.
well, I was doing an art project for a London tradeshow with this high profile local artist. He is very famous in the industry and he has dated couple of D list actresses. So go figure.

He is 45 years old, I am in my late 20s. I was not interested in him because he was not my type physically. He asked his assistance to book a dinner date for us without asking my permission. His excuse, "I like to talk about business during dinner."

I politely turned him down because I was just not attracted to him. He kicked me out of the project, I lost my dream job. Luckily I found another project very soon!

Work is work, if this job is your dream job, don't risk it, not worth it. If things don't work out between you and this 43 year old, your life would be miserable in that company. (Not like I have anything against older women)

Old 03-22-2013, 01:42 PM

538 posts, read 1,013,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dprince18 View Post
Whoops, missed that. She's been in the game then, she knows how to play her cards. If she's 43 and still looking fine, he's got a shark on his hands.

Let's be honest, relationships and courting aren't as cut and dry as you're trying to make it out to be. She knows she's got the power here. She knows he likes her. If she isn't that interested, she can still parlay it into whatever she wants if the OP doesn't see it coming. That's my point.
She doesn't have any power over me. I'm physically attracted to this women, not emotionally. Definitely not looking for anything serious with her either. Just looking for some fun and female companionship. I don't mind taking her out to eat and paying for a few meals, I'm traditional. I just wouldn't won't her to get the wrong idea and think I'm looking for something serious.

I don't know. I'm a dumbass for even thinking about doing this. Although, I bet she would be fun.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:28 PM

165 posts, read 274,765 times
Quote:
She doesn't have any power over me. I'm physically attracted to this women, not emotionally. Definitely not looking for anything serious with her either. Just looking for some fun and female companionship. I don't mind taking her out to eat and paying for a few meals, I'm traditional. I just wouldn't won't her to get the wrong idea and think I'm looking for something serious.

I don't know. I'm a dumbass for even thinking about doing this. Although, I bet she would be fun.
My experience with older women is that they don't really play games. If she wants to get down with you, you'll know it right away. Go for it, who cares.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:34 PM

39,253 posts, read 27,655,778 times
Quote:

I'd think about job first. Make sure she is not the gossiping kind, those are the worst. Those who kiss and tell.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:22 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,348,812 times
My problem with dating a coworker isn't being able to handle things professionally or be polite if things don't work out. My problem is, if things don't work out and you still have feelings for her, it can be hell trying to move on if you have to see her around the office. I've been going through this for the past few weeks and it really draws out the healing process.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:30 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,014,843 times
Quote:
But heres the thing. She's 43 and I'm 27. Honestly, it's been quite a while since I've dated anyone so I don't want anything serious. Just someone to hang out with and have a little fun. I really wouldn't think she would see me as serious material anyway.

I have experience in dating a co-worker at my last job and it turned out to be a complete nightmare so I'm thinking I should learn from my mistakes and let this go since this is a great job.
I'm generally with you on not dating those who you work with, but having fun and non-commitment good times is different type opportunity. I'd explore till you have a better idea as to expectations and ground rules. Who know, could turn to be a FWB situation, especially since she is going to assume "you're too young for her" but wouldn't mind do the cougar thing till the next serious LTR potential shows up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships