Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 09:59 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,045,321 times

Advertisements

I won't deny that this does happen but to say that this is ONLY reason for divorce is false. You can cater to your man 24/7 and give him the best nookie of his life consistently and he may still fall out of love with you and divorce you. In that case then what? Will you get lifetime alimony or starve because you have no skills or work history that would make an employer want to hire you and pay you a living wage?

I have nothing against sahm/d and maybe my life would have been better if I could have been one long term. That wasn't my path and now that I'm older I take a lot of comfort in having my license and knowing that whether he stays or goes...or dies young I will always be to put food on the table and have a roof over me and my children's heads.

It's a sad thing to see a divorced former sahm working at the Walmart or waitressing because it didn't work out. The reduction in lifestyle from a single family home to a small apartment or subsidized housing really does happen after divorce for many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
To me, making a happy, healthy household for my husband is just as important as being a mother. Part of the reason that the divorce rate is 50% is the fact that women often relegate their husbands to the status of "second class citizen" after the children. They deserve a clean, comfortable house and hot meal on the table too, last I checked.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 12:36 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,208,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
To me, making a happy, healthy household for my husband is just as important as being a mother. Part of the reason that the divorce rate is 50% is the fact that women often relegate their husbands to the status of "second class citizen" after the children. They deserve a clean, comfortable house and hot meal on the table too, last I checked.

20yrsinBranson
You are working on your third marriage and you never had children. Really, speak for yourself.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:42 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,390,383 times
I have met men like that. What is worse is that they feel they don't have to work, or take care of the house work. At least women will cook and do tasks. Men... They play golf all day, and come home exhausted....

Been there. Done that. Forget it.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:49 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,716,275 times
Any woman who sits around and expects the man to do all the work will get the boot from me real quick.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:59 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,647,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You are working on your third marriage and you never had children. Really, speak for yourself.
I think she's gonna need some aloe vera for that burn.

Old 03-30-2013, 01:03 PM

52,307 posts, read 52,764,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
LOL, no doubt.......

Someone got served!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-30-2013, 01:07 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,208,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Well, I just got a bucket load of ass cream for any diaper rash my baby may get. I can lend some of that out.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:14 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,901,760 times
How about this one, a man who doesn't work yet doesn't cook or clean either. My loser former friend (she's a Jerry Springer Show waiting to happen)married this guy who doesn't do anything except watch tv. He uses the excuse he has diabetes but it is so mild he doesn't take insulin (and in his case if he has it it could be because he is about 300 pounds). Anyway she comes home from working, does laundry, cooks and cleans the house (well sort of does because they are both hoarders). On top of it she pays the trailer bill and it's in his name because "he's the man". I asked her why she doesn't make him get a job or clean the house and she says because it's a woman's duty to cook and clean. They don't have any young children either (her only child from a previous relationship is 24).

If I married a guy like that there is no way I would put up with that. If he's not working then I expect to come home to dinner on the table and a clean house. If he is working then we share the chores and bills.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:26 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,045,321 times
I just shake my head and keep my comments to myself when I see women like this. I feel like hey good for you sister that couldn't ever be me. The penis must be awesome. Oh wait he is an obese diabetic. He likely can't even get it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
How about this one, a man who doesn't work yet doesn't cook or clean either. My loser former friend (she's a Jerry Springer Show waiting to happen)married this guy who doesn't do anything except watch tv. He uses the excuse he has diabetes but it is so mild he doesn't take insulin (and in his case if he has it it could be because he is about 300 pounds). Anyway she comes home from working, does laundry, cooks and cleans the house (well sort of does because they are both hoarders). On top of it she pays the trailer bill and it's in his name because "he's the man". I asked her why she doesn't make him get a job or clean the house and she says because it's a woman's duty to cook and clean. They don't have any young children either (her only child from a previous relationship is 24).

If I married a guy like that there is no way I would put up with that. If he's not working then I expect to come home to dinner on the table and a clean house. If he is working then we share the chores and bills.

Last edited by Jasper03; 03-30-2013 at 02:40 PM..

Old 03-30-2013, 02:32 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,901,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
I just shake my head and keep my comments to myself when I see women like this. I'm feel like hey good for you sister that couldn't ever be me. The penis must be awesome. Oh wait he is an obese diabetic. He likely can't even get it up.
He's definitely not someone I would date. In fact true story but I met him first and he wanted to date me but I turned him down. I do not date guys who are 40 and never had a job besides cleaning a barn, who never graduated high school, never bathe and missing most of their teeth. I know she only married him because she wanted to be married to anyone and he's the only one who could handle her exboyfriend moving in, and her drug abuse and bad behavior. I'd rather be alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships