Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 04:50 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,719,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
And, should you want to quit, you can....
That's what makes it so great. Unlike other mood/mind altering substances such as cigarettes, heroin, crack and even alcohol in some cases, a person can start up, quit for a few months, then start up again. Oh, that and the feeling of being high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 06:43 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
That's what makes it so great. Unlike other mood/mind altering substances such as cigarettes, heroin, crack and even alcohol in some cases, a person can start up, quit for a few months, then start up again. Oh, that and the feeling of being high.
Depends entirely on the person.

I've had more than one friend fully admit they were addicted to weed. They had withdrawal symptoms when they didn't smoke/vap/eat it on a regular basis. I also had a few friends that were absolutely horrible to be with if they were withdrawling, and I didn't find it much different than my friends who were trying to quit other drugs or even cigarettes.

I can easily smoke cigarettes for a few weeks and then stop for a few weeks. I can also only smoke a few in a night and have zero cravings for them afterwards. Apparently, not many people can do that but I find it easy.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:46 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
It can be mentally addicting. Sleep might be hard the first couple of nights but thats about it. Your friends were probably pansies sorry to say.

Traveled to Va Beach to see a friend. Met another couple at a sketchy tattoo parlor in an apartment complex. Weird but they were legit. Then we all went to the Red Bull bar for drinks and finished the night passing a vaporizer and bong around. Quite productive I must say.

Too bad the weather wasn't better so we could stay on the beach longer.
Not pansies, no.

That's like me saying nicotine addiction is no big deal because it's not a big deal to me.

I've seen withdrawals similar to nicotine with numerous people who stopped smoking weed for different reasons. Extreme irritability, mood swings, sleeplessness, vomiting, headaches/migraines etc. and to dismiss it isn't being truthful.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:13 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,672,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
Your friends were probably pansies sorry to say.
Yeah, unless you've been at the level of the guy in this thread...you have no clue what you're talking about.....

People of Washington and Colorado, before you go smoking weed, you should watch this video.

It's a good feeling, but it can tear your whole psyche a new one...

Happy 420.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:23 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
I'm a stop start guy and I can smoke a ton of weed and just stop. I'm mentally strong enough to deal with it. If people can't handle it then they shouldn't use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships