Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 12:07 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I don't think you're much of a foodie if this is your idea if what a foodie is!

Man, even your food is boring!! No spices in fish?! No chicken in chicken SOUP!?

We gotta have differing opinions on what foodies are, because plain jane ain't gonna satiate a foodie's palette!
Americans tend to have this belief that flavors must "pop" in order to enjoy them. However, that doesn't mean that subtle flavors aren't good by themselves. They can complement a bold dish rather well.

...For instance, the oatmeal goes well with bread and caviar, the fish goes well with a sort of wild mushroom, steamed crunchy veggies go well with a juicy steak, and chicken bullion washes down a great spicy salad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Hurricane, what is your height and weight?
A tad over 6'1 and 210 lbs.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:11 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
What's wrong with a woman being enthusiastic about tasty, lower fat items like fish, salads, yogurt (which are also very "French")? A salad nicoise can be very flavorful, healthy and very "gourmet." Are you saying that you want slim women who also live on heavy French sauces, pastries, etc. Having lived in France, I can tell you that even the girls there 1) Watch their weight 2) Avoid heavy fats & sugars 3) Eat smaller portions 2) Cannot cook like Julia Child.
Thank you. Or, rather, merci.

Just don't get me started on the smoking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Maybe I should join a cooking class?
Yes, you should take a cooking class, if only because expecting a woman to cook for you is so 1953. This way, you might meet someone who would like to cook with you.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:17 PM

788 posts, read 1,271,903 times
I'm a foodie and I'm slim. Not sure where you live. The people I know who are fat tend to eat all garbage, not "foodie" foods.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:18 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,379,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

Yes, you should take a cooking class, if only because expecting a woman to cook for you is so 1953. This way, you might meet someone who would like to cook with you.
Hopefully, he is not expecting a woman to cook like Julia Child! I actually took a class from a Cordon Bleu chef and we exactly recreated her signature boeuf bourguignon recipe, which was a heck of a lot of work and probably the best thing I've ever tasted. And of course it was loaded with flavorful fat, which is why I eat in moderation. Boy do I LOVE French food though.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Thank you. Or, rather, merci.

Just don't get me started on the smoking.

Oh, don't even get me started, I met women who wanted to sit back and relax while I cooked for them.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
I'm a foodie and I'm slim. Not sure where you live. The people I know who are fat tend to eat all garbage, not "foodie" foods.
The Deep South. Large quantities of fried food is a favorite here.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:22 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

And I love peanut butter I don't really consider myself a foodie but even the biggest food snob probably won't turn down a pb&j sandwich on some white bread. It doesn't have to be fancy to be delicious
It would probably have to be organic peanut butter with local honey on artisanal flatbread, though. No Skippy and Wonder Bread for a real foodie, you know.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It would probably have to be organic peanut butter with local honey on artisanal white bread, though. No Skippy and Wonder Bread for a real foodie, you know.
With that said, I make my own sourdough bread.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:28 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Americans tend to have this belief that flavors must "pop" in order to enjoy them. However, that doesn't mean that subtle flavors aren't good by themselves. They can complement a bold dish rather well.

...For instance, the oatmeal goes well with bread and caviar, the fish goes well with a sort of wild mushroom, steamed crunchy veggies go well with a juicy steak, and chicken bullion washes down a great spicy salad.

Seems like you are doing a bit of stereotyping in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships