Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2014, 01:39 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,214,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
It's been a year since I posted here but I think I've pretty much thrown in the towel. The relationship I posted about fizzled out--turns out he was never into me. Just liked the sex.

Anyway, I figure life is to short to be all wrapped up in this romantic love nonsense. The amount of time and money I've spent sorting through online dating, going to speed dating events, and wasted dating men who were either jerk, nuts, or just not really into me... meh.

I've never had good luck with men--I mean, they find me attractive at first, but I usually end up being "one of the guys" in the end. It's annoying as hell to be told, "I wish my wife/girlfriend/SO was more like you... you're cool" or "I wish I could find a girl like you." All I can think of is, "no you don't... deep down, you don't." But it is cool to have so many male friends... they are fun to be around as we tend to share the same interests.

But I am not going to change who I am for anyone--been there, done that, and was miserable. I have plenty of non-romantic love in my life with family, friends, and even my dog loves me. I've been kind of thinking what it is I want to do now. Looking for love did take up a lot of time. I am considering travel for more life experiences. It would be nice to have a travel buddy--maybe I can join a travel club of some sort.
Sad that we're not in the same state jilla,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 01:52 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
Sad that we're not in the same state jilla,
Ah, thanks You are really sweet.

I think I am just tired of all the effort without results... besides, the summer is coming and I have tons of free time coming up for a change. I want to "do" something (other than look for love). I just need a change in my life.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:12 PM

787 posts, read 781,347 times
I can't give up something I've never tried finding.

:/ But I don't know if I can find it if I don't try.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Ah, thanks You are really sweet.

I think I am just tired of all the effort without results... besides, the summer is coming and I have tons of free time coming up for a change. I want to "do" something (other than look for love). I just need a change in my life.
We all do. It'll happen when you least expect it. At least that's what my mom used to tell me,lol.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:55 PM

67 posts, read 147,046 times
I've given up too. Looking anyway. I removed all on-line profiles. If I meet someone out of the blue someday, that would be great, and I hope I do, but I am no longer looking.
I've been divorced for 12 years now, and am really independent. It would be hard to start again, but for the right man, I would gladly do it.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinablue4u View Post
I've given up too. Looking anyway. I removed all on-line profiles. If I meet someone out of the blue someday, that would be great, and I hope I do, but I am no longer looking.
I've been divorced for 12 years now, and am really independent. It would be hard to start again, but for the right man, I would gladly do it.
It's been since 2001 for me.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:10 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,903,386 times
Quote:
...turns out he was never into me. Just liked the sex.
Did you get a sense of that beforehand? If so, you gotta put a clamp on it.

If premarital sex is involved with or without a firm commitment that has been demonstrated and verbally expressed from a man less than a 6 months to a year time, the notion has to be entertained that it's just sex... unfortunately.

Quote:
I have plenty of non-romantic love in my life with family, friends, and even my dog loves me.
It's refreshing that you are able to recognize that and express it!

Old 05-27-2014, 06:12 PM

21 posts, read 17,660 times
I got myself this girl in my building who drops by my office with stuff. So I guess I have love.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:30 PM

323 posts, read 308,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
If premarital sex is involved with or without a firm commitment that has been demonstrated and verbally expressed from a man less than a 6 months to a year time, the notion has to be entertained that it's just sex... unfortunately.
*scratches head*

Eh....wazzat?

Clarify, please.

If I'm reading your post right, I disagree in the strongest possible way. I probably WOULD be willing to have a gf again, depending, but there's no way in all of creation that I'd get married again. Want to spend many years together, hang out, travel, camp, whatever, in addition to normal relationship stuff (sex)? Great. Marriage? Out of the question, get out of my car and get out of my life.

I ever have another relationship, first time she brings up marriage, she gets a warning. Second time, she's shown the door.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:40 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
I had a similar experience to what you describe. At my old job, I met a woman and we became friends. We hung out a lot; and of course I started to like her. I never told her though. When I left the job, she said we could still hang out; but that was before I sent her "love letter" of sorts over facebook. Never heard back from her after that. She never outright said I was needy or clingy or anything. But I suspect that may have been in her thought process. I considered that situation a lesson learned.
I have a question. Neither one of us told the respective women that we liked them. What was your reason for not telling her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships