Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 08:08 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,063,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
how did you remove the trails of tvsg posts completely? i want to do that.

I don't understand your question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 08:22 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,214,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
Please don't tell me someone actually asked this on a first date???
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Why in the world would any normal person want to know the answer to number 4?

"When was the last time you had sex?"

Yes. I've been asked that. And as with all nosy questions, my answer was, "Why do you want to know?"

"Just curious."

"Oh."

*sips drink*

"So, are you going to tell me?"

"Nope!"

Old 05-08-2013, 08:42 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,706,325 times
*after going on 2 dates

"so, are we dating now?"

uhhhhhhhh

Old 05-08-2013, 09:41 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,205,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

Yes. I've been asked that. And as with all nosy questions, my answer was, "Why do you want to know?"

"Just curious."

"Oh."

*sips drink*

"So, are you going to tell me?"

"Nope!"
When? WHEN!? WHENNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!????????????

I dislike nosy people as well especially the ones who then are not forthcoming about themselves.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:53 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,923,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
5. When is your Birthday..........

4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

3. Do you like your job?

2. Why are you single?

And the all most annoying question meeting someone for the first time of the opposite sex is........

1. WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO FOR FUN

LOL. I'm sure we have all been asked one of these stupid questions at some point when meeting someone new.
Meh...I think you might be way too burned out on dating if you're that bothered by all of these. The "5 years" one bothers me because it sounds too much like a job interview, but the rest are fine. They're not the most original or creative questions in the world, but they're standard things people want to know when they're getting to know somebody.

I take it as a compliment when somebody asks why I'm single. It's flattering that they apparently think I shouldn't be.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I've had several women ask me that, usually right when we're about to have sex, which is awkward. I almost never answer honestly, by the way. There's just no way they want to know the real answer to that question, unless I'm in some kind of dry spell.

Last edited by Plzeň; 05-08-2013 at 01:05 PM..

Old 05-08-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Here's my five

1. What do you do for a living? What all my job entails?
2. Are you on facebook?
3. Do you come here often?
4. How about this weather?
5. Has anybody ever told you you look like ludacris?
These are every bit as standard and unoffensive as the OP's five. I can see how the Ludacris one might get old, though.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:09 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,986,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
I've had several women ask me that, usually right when we're about to have sex, which is awkward. I almost never answer honestly, by the way. There's just no way they want to know the real answer to that question, unless I'm in some kind of dry spell.
yup. this poorly timed gem is right up there with "how many people have you slept with?"

if people are going to ask anything they should ask the real question, which is something along the lines of "what are the results of your last STD screening, and what activity have you had since then?"

Old 05-08-2013, 01:29 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,063,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Meh...I think you might be way too burned out on dating if you're that bothered by all of these. The "5 years" one bothers me because it sounds too much like a job interview, but the rest are fine. They're not the most original or creative questions in the world, but they're standard things people want to know when they're getting to know somebody.

I take it as a compliment when somebody asks why I'm single. It's flattering that they apparently think I shouldn't be.

Somebosy asked me last night what do you like to do for fun and I was just shaking my head like.............NOT THIS STUPID QUESTION AGAIN"

But you know what I will start giving entetaining answers so the next time someone askes me what I like to do for fun my answer will be............."Before midnight or after midnight?

Old 05-08-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
yup. this poorly timed gem is right up there with "how many people have you slept with?"
Yep, that's one they don't want the real answer to, either. Fortunately it's been many years since I've been asked that one. It seems to be something people in high school and college concern themselves with than people in their late 20's through 40's. Anyone who still knows their "number" in their 30's either isn't very experienced or is an obsessive scorekeeper, anyway. I find that adults are more concerned with, as you said, things like STDs than number of partners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships