Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 05:53 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times

Advertisements

I am going to admit that is it extremely hard not to be somewhat turned off when you are talking to someone on the phone for only 10 mins or less and when their line beeps they say "can I call you back" and talk to someone else.

Now we are all old enough on this board to know that it's another guy from the dating site which is fine. But can I atleast have my time to get to know you and you call that other guy after we chatted for about 30 mins? And since we are in the calling id/call waiting era that's even more confirmation that it's another dude. But I do know I;m not the only she is talking to online but damm can I atleast get a chance to compete?

Just now I was on the phone with this girl for 6 damm minutes and she clicks over??? And please don't give me that family crap because we know no one is jumping off the phone with someone they are interested in to talk to a relative. So maybe the days of talking on the phone for a hour or so are over and I just need to call with a agenda and set up a date because I don't know how much more of this clicking over I can deal with. And sometimes after they ask can they call you back they never call back the rest of the evening which is what made me lose interest in a girl 2 weeks ago.

So am i the only person this is happening to when speaking to someone from the dating site?

BTW: It is such a crappy feeling when someone does that to me because it's basically saying..."I want to talk to someone else a little more than you right now"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 05:55 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,532,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I am going to admit that is it extremely hard not to be somewhat turned off when you are talking to someone on the phone for only 10 mins or less and when their line beeps they say "can I call you back" and talk to someone else.

Now we are all old enough on this board to know that it's another guy from the dating site which is fine. But can I atleast have my time to get to know you and you call that other guy after we chatted for about 30 mins? And since we are in the calling id/call waiting era that's even more confirmation that it's another dude. But I do know I;m not the only she is talking to online but damm can I atleast get a chance to compete?

Just now I was on the phone with this girl for 6 damm minutes and she clicks over??? And please don't give me that family crap because we know no one is jumping off the phone with someone they are interested in to talk to a relative. So maybe the days of talking on the phone for a hour or so are over and I just need to call with a agenda and set up a date because I don't know how much more of this clicking over I can deal with. And sometimes after they ask can they call you back they never call back the rest of the evening which is what made me lose interest in a girl 2 weeks ago.

So am i the only person this is happening to when speaking to someone from the dating site?

BTW: It is such a crappy feeling when someone does that to me because it's basically saying..."I want to talk to someone else a little more than you right now"

Maybe this is it? i found many people dont like to talk on the phone. Maybe it was a work call or a friend. People usually preffer seeing you or just chatting, but talking on the phone seem to be outdated for many people now

Old 05-10-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Maybe this is it? i found many people dont like to talk on the phone. Maybe it was a work call or a friend. People usually preffer seeing you or just chatting, but talking on the phone seem to be outdated for many people now

My issue was I was cut off in a middle of a sentence when she could have just let me finish talking. And this conversation was a lot more upbeat and flowing than the last one which is why it was so confusing she had to hop off the phone.

I see people talking on their cell phones all the time in public so it's definitely not outdated

Old 05-10-2013, 06:34 PM

6,738 posts, read 4,422,356 times
Quote:

That fake call she gets is her girlfriend calling her to see it this girl needs a clever way to end your call. If she likes talking to you she will ignor the other call. Not surprised you dont get a call back.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
That fake call she gets is her girlfriend calling her to see it this girl needs a clever way to end your call. If she likes talking to you she will ignor the other call. Not surprised you dont get a call back.

Normally I would report you for that comment but I have to agree. Maybe it's something about my phone skills I need to re-evaluate because having some end a call out of nowhere is never a good thing.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:41 PM

577 posts, read 663,881 times
Consider yourself lucky that you found out how rude she is now, before you wasted any more time on her.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigW View Post
Consider yourself lucky that you found out how rude she is now, before you wasted any more time on her.

Oh I will return the favor with a inappropriate text message if I don't hear back from her by the end of the night

Old 05-10-2013, 06:47 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:

It has nothing to do with the dating site. Lots of people do this. It might be an important call that they have to take, or they might just not have any manners. Don't blame it on online dating.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
It has nothing to do with the dating site. Lots of people do this. It might be an important call that they have to take, or they might just not have any manners. Don't blame it on online dating.

You right it's just what happens period in the world of dating.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:28 PM

50,819 posts, read 36,514,503 times
I think anything more than 10 minutes is too long for a phone call before meeting. Phone call is only the establish that there is at least some rapport and set a date and place to meet. You will never get to know someone on a phone call IMO, and even if you hit it off, you might not connect when you meet in person, so why waste time when you can just arrange a meet for a drink or cup of coffee?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships